Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

All the sets are of a high quality - let's not forget that. These aren't cash grabs like some of the recent superhero sets. In fact, I'm really excited about most of them (that bomber is wonderful!) and there's nothing here I'd even describe as 'average'. A terrific wave!

That said...there's a bit of 'fun' missing and a few more sets would have been nice. The minifigs are great, but a Luke or Royal Guard would really have added a 'wow' factor and some additional printing might have elevated the other figs.

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

51 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

All the sets are of a high quality - let's not forget that. These aren't cash grabs like some of the recent superhero sets. In fact, I'm really excited about most of them (that bomber is wonderful!) and there's nothing here I'd even describe as 'average'. A terrific wave!

That said...there's a bit of 'fun' missing and a few more sets would have been nice. The minifigs are great, but a Luke or Royal Guard would really have added a 'wow' factor and some additional printing might have elevated the other figs.

I think the primary issue about the lack of "fun" can be put on all previous leaks. Because of the initial 3 largest sets along with those minifig leaks, we had already seen all the figures before that sheet leaked. It does take away from the allure quite a bit. If I had gone straight to the store having seen absolutely nothing I would be much more excited I feel. 

With things like the Rogue One wave we got everything at once (that minifig sheet and set catalog from the back of the instructions leaked back in June), so all the hype came at once; sure it was earlier than September, but there was no slow twiddling away at it.

Edited by Mymaker123

4 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

I think the primary issue about the lack of "fun" can be put on all previous leaks. Because of the initial 3 largest sets along with those minifig leaks, we had already seen all the figures before that sheet leaked. It does take away from the allure quite a bit. If I had gone straight to the store having seen absolutely nothing I would be much more excited I feel. 

With things like the Rogue One wave we got everything at once (that minifig sheet and set catalog from the back of the instructions leaked back in June), so all the hype came at once; sure it was earlier than September, but there was no slow twiddling away at it.

You may be right but that underwhelming feeling is also probably because all these sets don't look appealing to folks like you and me. Remember rogue one not only brought sets that people asked for a long time, but the designs were very close to the OT look which attracted a lot of people and there were fewer sets with interesting new figures that weren't as expensive.

Personally, I can't see myself getting anything, maybe the heavy assault walker and bomber with a discount and everything else if it gets a nice discount on it.

I'm positive the summer wave is going to offer sets much better than what were getting now so I'd rather save my money and wait for these sets to get cheapest like the previous force Friday waves do over time.

I like the new designs and sets. The heavy walker interests me in a sense of how it is designed. It seems obvious the First Order has learnt from the mistakes of the Empire. The heavy front legs seem good for climbing, and have spikes of the front for possible cable cutting. With the legs also bending inwards instead of outwards like a AT AT, it seems the walker will be able to get up again after falling over.

However, the set i want to pick up is the Star Destroyer, since they have always been my favourite spaceship.

13 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

I'm intrigued by the resemblance the Heavy Scout Walker has to a Strandbeest. 

Love the comparison. Absolutely spot on.

On 12 juli 2017 at 11:21 AM, LOTR34 said:

I don't doubt that.

I see you do, but I don't here any arguments that support your claim except your gut-feeling... which unfortunately will not hold as a sound hypothesis

13 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I see you do, but I don't here any arguments that support your claim except your gut-feeling... which unfortunately will not hold as a sound hypothesis

What are you on about?? I'm sure that when Luke appears in a set it will be successful either way,I'm just annoyed that Lego didn't include him in this wave.

Let's see how the movie holds up first before buying these, but the scout walker looks interesting! 

It really sucks we don't get Luke though...

Kylo Ren's TIE is also very nice looking, and probably has the strongest mini-fig line up IMO. 

Edited by RetroInferno

I'm very surprised Luke isn't in any of the first selection of sets. I don't own a hat but I guess I'd be eating it if I did!

I like the look of a lot of these sets, from a 'build' point of view the two 'walkers' look like a lot of fun!

I can wait for an old Luke.

people who buy these sets (first day buy!) and then spend the run-up to the release of the UCS MF complaining about not having the funds, deserve a thwack on the head. 

13 hours ago, Moppo said:

I don't think its legs do fold out, it looks like they move like this:

strandbeest.gif

"Is that science or garbage?"

"Its Dutch art."

3 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

people who buy these sets (first day buy!) and then spend the run-up to the release of the UCS MF complaining about not having the funds, deserve a thwack on the head. 

Thats a fact. these prices are embarassing. Everything is $10-$20 more than it should be. *huh* :wacko:

Do we have official US prices for the sets? Not complaining about prices, just want to know what they are, lol.

That first order scout walker looks ridiculous. It's going to be the first order snowspeeder of this wave. I'm growing much more fond of the big walker 

7 hours ago, faire said:

The crabwalker is a very special thing, I am curious about how it is supposed to work. The profile seems to be high, yet low above the ground, seemingly negating any hypothetical advantage a "walker"  could have against wheeled / hover vehicles.

Ironically - unless my eyes deceive me - the set does come with wheels under its main body...

The Scout Walker does look quite interesting though and I can't wait to see it in the movie. But the minifigs are bad; Hux does not even have a new body print, Stormtrooper and Resistance trooper are ok but bland, and I hate the technician (they really need to stop throwing them into random sets; I don't need a Stormtrooper-sized army of them).

Re: Star Destroyer...

... the model looks nice enough from the outside, but folded out it looks a mess and has surprisingly limited space to play.

If you guys choose to discuss the sets, that's fine.  But arguing back and forth because one person's opinion differs from yours...really?  It's just that, it's an opinion; it's not right, it's not wrong.  I can't believe I have to type this here for adults.

7 hours ago, brobert said:

Alright guys, I think it's time to close the page, 372 pages have just been perfectly summarized :laugh:

LMAO!!!!  Nice.  If stupid arguments about opinions keep going, then yes.  I'll be more than happy to lock the page down for a few hours.  Let's hope they stop now!

I'll be picking up the Resistance Transport Pod and the Heavy Assault Walker day 1, or near to day 1. I'll pick up Kylo's tie on a discount. A really strong wave overall. I missed the Walker from 2014 so this sequel trilogy era one will do for me, especially with some good minifigs. 

I'm curious as to why Kylo doesnt have a helmet? Also evil BB8 is apart of his Tie? Does that mean the droid is Kylo's personal droid?

I'm curious as to what the Gorilla Walker looks like on screen cause right now the Lego set looks like someone's semi decent MOC of an AT-AT. The kind that is impressive that someone built but a little mugly to ever buy. Like the head and front legs are just so over designed and busy looking. 

Edited by Forresto

33 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

If you guys choose to discuss the sets, that's fine.

Thanks for acknowledging we can discuss sets. Frankly, everytime I post in this thread I feel that I would get banned for talking about something. LOL.

Anyway, everyone is comparing the FO Heavy Scout Walker to Strandbeest but to me it looks like a grey Minecraft Creeper, with 8 legs

giphy.gif

Speaking of Strandbeest -- someone already made a LEGO model of that and it's interesting if someone could put that thing on the FO Heavy Scout Walker so that it could walk creepily like this:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

*snip*

Pretty much.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, hachiroku said:

*Snip*

Well yes I'm very much aware of that :wink: I'm speaking more as to why does he not have a new one?

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

I love the look of the resistance Bomber, so far my favourite set. My least liked is the 75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker, looks way too crab/spider like and doesn't suit the First order look. It seems more like a Clone wars separatist vehicle design. Disney should have tried harder to keep it in the imperial/FO aesthetic. 

Wow these sets look amazing! I really wish the figures were as good... no Praetorian guard minifig!? No Luke!?! how did they manage to omit the biggest character in the film!?! I love Kylo Ren's TIE, it's massive and an awesome design! I just really wish he had a helmet again but that's more of a gripe on the movie than the set... as soon as he took the helmet off in TFA he lost every iota of intimidation factor instantly. Plus the helmet was so cool! I digress. The Scout Walker is bizarre but I think I like it. It's certainly the most creative thing they've done with the vehicles so far which isn't saying much I know. The Resistance pod... is just a piece of the Resistance dropship.... okay?? easy pass. I'm really digging the Praetorian Guard buildable figure, it's really tickling my G1 Bionicle nostalgia and it just looks so cool! Again, reeaally wish we had a minifig of it in the first wave, no doubt we'll get one in the future. Chewbacca isn't too bad but I couldn't care less about the Rey fig, I want to see pics of the Boba Fett fig! (understandably not part of the TLJ leaks of course). Overall fantastic wave for sets, no so much for the figs as I tend to go for alien or cool unique figs with special armor or weapons which there is NONE of here.

15 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

You know it's going to happen. Hopefully there actually is a MF because I've been preemptively saving for months. It won't be cheap here in Australia.

As for the Last Jedi sets, I like the look of all of them, but will probably not be buying them until they begin to get discounted. BB-8 and Kylo's TIE are ones I'd like to grab ASAP.