Sign in to follow this  
Berghain89

Full RC - De Lorean DMC-12 Time Machine (MOC)

This Model was on my mind since i started building with Lego again.

Important: Please watch the video. It will show you the Model in action. :)

I started it a couple times but it never reached my expectations... .

But now this is defenetily one of my best MOC's sofar. I love the details and the Mix between Lego System Bricks and Technic Bricks.

What are the functions of the De Lorean DMC-12 Time Machine

First of all, i used 2x SBricks and 2x 88000 Battery Packs. (you can use 2 IR Receiver as well) but then you have to hook up the LED to the L-Motor output.

4 L Motos for driving

1M Motors for precise steering

2M Motor for wing doors and "Mr Fusion" ;)

2 LED as front light and one light in the cabin (you can add more easily)

custom stickers like the Flux capacitor or the license plate (will be on my website for download)

adjustable Seats

independent suspension

it is just fun to build it and play with it

The whole Bodywork can be removed very easy. (modular design)

The pneumatic hose will not be in the part list. ( the length of the hose you need are in the instruction.

Fell free to use different parts or colors at any given time.

I am glad to get some feedback from you guys. :)

b37372_0ffc29a95c3f4b759a77392ef9e8a176.jpg

b37372_420b57e33be045398fb27374ccd11178.jpg

b37372_d20c29b81ab5489d9a3cadbed9d58a32.jpg

b37372_1d1786a309b74cf186029dd1fe48a71b.jpg

b37372_6aefad4ff6f143a8bd140d21d579d707.jpg

This is a total beauty!

Amazing, no more words I have!!!

I really like how you used train parts to make the rear lights :wub:

Edited by LXF

Saw this one on Rebrickable sooner today. Looks pretty heavy, but perform quite well. Sounds you have your model packed fully with motors. Any chance of bottom picture?

Instantly recognisable and very well motorized. The stickers sure add a lot to the already well detailed exterrior and interrior. If I may ask what gear ratio did you use for drive? Any sneak peaks for the chassis?

Here's the embed:

I must join the chorus of chassis/underside pics, that's where the real genius lies! The exterior is spot on though, particularly at the back.

Nice car and cool ideas with the decorations around it! Even if the proportions do not match exactly, the car looks spot on! I like the video :thumbup: .

Very nice creation! I liked a lot the rear details that you put, which are very close to the original!

Eye watering beautiful :cry_happy: So cool looks and head lights are just awesome :thumbup: Wheels and rims are also spot on compared overall looks, just perfect work, I love it!

Loved it!!! The video is fun and the looks match the car well. Especially like the gull wing doors

Great scott! The motorised doors are awesome!!

Well, I can see the effort, but the result doesn't match a DeLorean at all. None of the lines is where it is supposed to be, the wheels are just too big and at the rear they stand out like they don't even belong to the car.

Sorry, but I don't dig it at all.

Even despite the fact that this is one of my favorite movies, I like this model, and and the way that is styled! Great Work!

Well, I can see the effort, but the result doesn't match a DeLorean at all. None of the lines is where it is supposed to be, the wheels are just too big and at the rear they stand out like they don't even belong to the car.

Sorry, but I don't dig it at all.

I am sorry you feel that way. Many of the main aspects are there. Maybe you have a different image of the De Lorean in your Head. At least this MOC is the closet anyone got to a De Lorean ;)

this is simply , the sweetest thing I have ever laid my eyes on dude :thumbup: :thumbup: And having loved this movie as a kid I love this model soooo sooo much :D ( when you do rebuild the model I would love to see more pics of the interior and the chassis )

Edited by CollinsLegoTechnicDen