just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I can see Belle, Tyana and Cinderella using the new queen dress piece. Its not 100% accurate, but this is LEGO after all, and I think it would be better than the slope piece, and for now its a debate between the two. The dresses of all three of these princesses are puffy relative to the eveyday outfits they wear, and I think the queen dress piece would emphasize that contrast nicely.

Ideally, of course, TLG would make an in-between dress piece, but that could be said for every less-than-accurate LEGO part.

Ideally, of course, TLG would make an in-between dress piece, but that could be said for every less-than-accurate LEGO part.

Or they could just upgrade the slope piece to be the right height and have the right amount of clutch power. Really that piece would work for 2/3 (Except as already mentioned Cinderella, Tiana and Belle, also maybe Ariel) of the princesses but there's just those two technical issues.

The only thing that irks me about the slope dress piece is the slight height difference and that it doesn't have the pegs that regular minifiure legs have to connect it to the body. I hate that the upper body easily comes off with the dress slope. So glad they gave that new dress piece the pegs to connect it securely to the upper body.

I completely agree. Height difference and clutch power are the biggest issues with the slope. Also, I like how the new piece is rounded.

Or they could just upgrade the slope piece to be the right height and have the right amount of clutch power. Really that piece would work for 2/3 (Except as already mentioned Cinderella, Tiana and Belle, also maybe Ariel) of the princesses but there's just those two technical issues.

Yeah, that would work just fine for me too.

And then add 360° skirt printing.

I completely agree. Height difference and clutch power are the biggest issues with the slope. Also, I like how the new piece is rounded.

I like how they rounded the new dress piece too. It's my favorite new piece from LEGO.

So Warner brothers is doing that new Tarzan movie....do you guys think that maybe that's the reason why they are doing Tarzan because of the new movie?

So Warner brothers is doing that new Tarzan movie....do you guys think that maybe that's the reason why they are doing Tarzan because of the new movie?

That was already debunked as fake. I doubt we'll get Tarzan in this first series.

The series color is teal! Whoever said grey was a placeholder, congrats!

"A new series is available in May! Let yourself be surprised!"

LtiEzcH.png

I feel like that's the exact same thing they said about Simpsons Series 2 in the Series 13 reveal...

Cool color, though. Hopefully that does end up being the bag color.

NEW COLOR??? They do remember there are more colors! :oh:

This is like a sign of the apocalypse

But that color isn't very Disney related, right? :look:

The series color is teal! Whoever said grey was a placeholder, congrats!

Thank you. :grin: I was guessing the color would be blue-ish like the Disney logo and this is pretty close. In fact, the color in that picture seems to be a bit off, so I wouldn't be surprised actually if the real color turns out to be a bit more blue.

But honestly, I don't care about the color. I don't want to see teasers like this anymore, I just want to see pics of the figs already! :tongue:

What if this turns out to be something else...like, say, the rumoured Doctor Who CMF series?

I haven't heard these rumors. I've heard people saying they hope that it happens, but I have not heard rumors.

I would doubt it would happen. At least for now.

This is from the English catalog, very disappointing if it's true:

Looks like we're going to have to wait to get more details on this disney series.

Edited by amazingbricks

May 16th, 2016.

Is it possible that date is wrong? Or is the catalogue wrong?

Or are they referring to a different CMF set?

So excited for this series to come out, are the rumors of the D2C to accompany this series still circulating? I'm so hyped, I can't wait for this to come out. Sad to see no princesses though.

So excited for this series to come out, are the rumors of the D2C to accompany this series still circulating? I'm so hyped, I can't wait for this to come out. Sad to see no princesses though.

Whatever that 71040 Minifigures D2C is.

It hasn't been confirmed that the D2C will be associated with the Disney series, but it makes a whole lot more sense, since, what do you make for the theme as a whole? A Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle would be great, but it's too early to assume.

How come there are 2 catalogs with different release dates?

As far as I remember, the CMF's are released worldwide simultaneously

Edited by Robert8