just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Ah yes, I forgot about Jasmine! :grin: Still a shame Pocahontas or Tiana haven't shown up yet.

Tiger Lily, too.

A Star Wars series is never going to happen. Hasbro has exclusive action figure rights. This was litigated before the CMFs were even a reality.

Excited to consider the possibilities.

The chances for the first wave are very slim since her movie doesn't come out till likely after the series is out. But if it continues and isn't just a one time thing, we could see her. We may even see her in a Disney princess set. Scratch that, Lego seems to hate the non-white princesses :grin: I hope we can get Mulan in this series eventually.

Regular sets featuring new licensed would have better advertising effects (though LEGO have been missing that recently). So characters from the released films are more recommended for this series.

If Disney Princess sets officially discontinued, then the unreleased princess's are legit choices. I'd have mixed feelings about that, though. :sceptic:

It's offtopic, but yeah, Jasmine is the only "exotic" princess released in that theme so far. The diversity could have been better if each wave has more than one exotic franchise.

SW and SH are never available choices, not due to Hasbro and Disney Infinity, but just that LEGO's future regular sets probably have ensured room for unreleased characters.

You'll wait for a long time. Minifigure series for SW and Super Heroes count as action figures under the licensing policy, and for whatever reason, cannot happen.

The workaround is to put the same figures in a Lego Dimensions expansion box!

You'll wait for a long time. Minifigure series for SW and Super Heroes count as action figures under the licensing policy, and for whatever reason, cannot happen.

You've seen the license? :oh:

You've seen the license? :oh:

No, it's just common knowledge. Hasbro owns the rights to action figures from SW and DC/Marvel, and somehow CMFs would count as action figures. Therefore, it's not a possibility.

Anyone think we'll get any live action Disney characters in the wave?

John Carter

Tron

George Clooney from Tomorrowland

Tron

Tron

Tron

You can probably guess who I want to see in this wave...

I'd guess at Mary Poppins for live-action, as she's the lead of one of their most famous films. TRON figures would be cool, but don't really fit with the fantastical characters.

I could see Tron and/or Flynn happening, even though the third movie got cancelled (right after it got confirmed :hmpf_bad: ), which would be pretty cool. They could come with a new disc mold. And I don't think the fact that they are from a sci-fi movie makes any difference. That's like saying the Alien Trooper doesn't fit in with the Unicorn Girl and the rest of S13 or that Itchy and Scratchy don't fit in with the other Simpsons figures.

However, I think they will probably limit it to the animated movies since there are plenty of characters to draw from those already.

Looking at this picture, I'm really starting to get an interest in this minifigures series. If they look like this, then I'll definitely try to get most of them. Hercules, Aladdin, Mulan, Peter Pan, Tarzan, pooh, and Mickey all look amazing. Here's hoping for regular head pieces and not molds like the Simpson's.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Lego-Disney-Series-16-Collectible-Minifigure-Series.jpg

Edited by amazingbricks

Looking at this picture, I'm really starting to get an interest in this minifigures series. If they look like this, then I'll definitely try to get most of them. Hercules, Aladdin, Mulan, Peter Pan, Tarzan, pooh, and Mickey all look amazing. Here's hoping for regular head pieces and not molds like the Simpson's.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Lego-Disney-Series-16-Collectible-Minifigure-Series.jpg

That looks more like wishful thinking than anything. For one, I have a very hard time thinking they'd ever include any "bigfig" such as there are drawings for in that image. Those really kill the whole illusion of thinking that could be based on anything official.

Whoever made that, is some sort of seer

I think they will try to appeal fans from Castle, Pirates, Space

So, I expect minifigures like Cap Hook, the Evil Queen, Tron,...

Edited by Robert8

That looks more like wishful thinking than anything. For one, I have a very hard time thinking they'd ever include any "bigfig" such as there are drawings for in that image. Those really kill the whole illusion of thinking that could be based on anything official.

Well I never said we should get big figs. Lego would never make big figs in Lego minifigures series. The ones I mentioned, are the ones I would like to see in Lego form.

http://minifigpriceg...gure-Series.jpg

Oh ha I remember when this guy had this as an Ideas project. I think he had to take it down though. A lot of the designs are really cool :sweet:

If they turn out to be Villains, If they don't do a Judge Claude Frollo, I will not be impressed. He'd make one fine minifigure!

I'm kind of sceptical about this. They're limited to 16, and they could make hundreds of characters. It will be very interesting indeed to see who make the final 16.

I could see Tron and/or Flynn happening, even though the third movie got cancelled (right after it got confirmed :hmpf_bad: ), which would be pretty cool. They could come with a new disc mold. And I don't think the fact that they are from a sci-fi movie makes any difference. That's like saying the Alien Trooper doesn't fit in with the Unicorn Girl and the rest of S13 or that Itchy and Scratchy don't fit in with the other Simpsons figures.

However, I think they will probably limit it to the animated movies since there are plenty of characters to draw from those already.

I think Sam Flynn and Quorra stand stronger chances, judging by their appearances in Disney Infinity 3. Parts of me would kill for Beck, Tron or even CLU to show up though. TRON could be a strong theme on its own

I'm kind of sceptical about this. They're limited to 16, and they could make hundreds of characters.

This concerns me also. I can't figure out how they will achieve a decent sampling of characters without making it disjointed and arbitrary.

This is taking over the Simpson's minifigure series. It's coming out in May, Simpson's series have been coming out in May twice. It seems like Lego just wants to do a Disney series instead of Simpson's series now. I personally have no problem with this, it would take maybe four-five series to get most of the important characters. Maybe the plan now is two regular series and one Disney series per year. That's how the next couple of years are going to be like.

Edited by amazingbricks

This is taking over the Simpson's minifigure series. It's coming out in May, Simpson's series have been coming out in May twice. It seems like Lego just wants to do a Disney series instead of Simpson's series now. I personally have no problem with this, it would take maybe four-five series to get most of the important characters. Maybe the plan now is two regular series and one Disney series per year. That's how the next couple of years are going to be like.

Speculation or do you know for a fact it's coming out in may/ taking over simpsons?

So, the rumor about the The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop for 2016 was fake?

I've heard it from someone trustworthy.

Awesome. I fear we may not see this series officially for a while though. Maybe a mold will leak in a few months

It sounds like the Simpson's series is going to take a break. This is good news for those of you who don't like the Simpson's. We got leaked Simpson's series 2 molds on November 15 last year. So it's not that far away.

I don't think that series wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. That's why they released the CMF's, no? To get the characters out since it'd never be a long lasting theme