Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Lavenwood Vale

Avalonia, with it's enchanted forests, rolling hills and green pastures, contains some of those most scenic and serene lands in all of Historica, and Lavenwood Vale fits the mold perfectly. A land between filled with lavender leaved forests and open fields, the citizens here enjoy the productive harvest, and the protection of the Rangers of the Vale. A farmer makes his way home from town, passing one of the Rangers' garrison towers.

The break from Nocturnus, as well as the Historica tour, continues. Nothing complex about this, just been wanting to use the old lego tower technique in a build as well as do a classic fantasy build, for a while now. As always thanks for looking, commenting and critiquing. There are a couple of more images on my flickr page if you guys' are interested.

24568300650_54f79b7c9f_b.jpg

24837501786_9c0b78a831_b.jpg

24770329361_4ebf214c34_b.jpg

Fantastic build Blufiji! The tower looks really nice, and the lavender works surprisingly well! It's great to have you building in our wonderful guild!

My one nitpick is that the pictures are very dark. I took the liberty of editing the first shot, increasing the exposure and messing with the temperature and saturation a tiny bit.

24747305432_0d2a2640cd_z.jpg

Fantastic build Blufiji! The tower looks really nice, and the lavender works surprisingly well! It's great to have you building in our wonderful guild!

My one nitpick is that the pictures are very dark. I took the liberty of editing the first shot, increasing the exposure and messing with the temperature and saturation a tiny bit.

24747305432_0d2a2640cd_z.jpg

I am going to remember that! That picture looks gorgeous. And thanks for the comment.

Masterful is really the word to use here! The lavender tree is magnifiscent and the base with it's vegetation and irregular sharing is beautiful too! :thumbup:

That tree is awesome! I really like the tower and the landscape, but that tree... :thumbup:

Baseplate, the tower and its entrance, horse with saddlebags, the grass and flowers, the small rocks, green blending into tan and brown - all just perfect.

But that tree, that tree... :wub:

Very nice! Surprisingly I actually like the purple leaves!

A truly lovely build! That tree is something else. :thumbup:

That tree is awesome! I really like the tower and the landscape, but that tree... :thumbup:

Masterful is really the word to use here! The lavender tree is magnifiscent and the base with it's vegetation and irregular sharing is beautiful too! :thumbup:

Baseplate, the tower and its entrance, horse with saddlebags, the grass and flowers, the small rocks, green blending into tan and brown - all just perfect.

But that tree, that tree... :wub:

Thanks guys, always nice to see you guys giving feedback. As far as the tree, I was a bit heditant at first, but then I remembered this was Avalonian in nature, so it fit right in.

Fantastic build, masterfull in many ways.

A tree with a nest in it!

And more grass than usual - is that 200 pieces or 300? Looks great in the end!

Doung rough math in my head, closer to about 500, along with 20 or so broad leaf leaves. Thanks man!

Great tower. But I think I like the wooden top even more than the walls. The highlight is definitely the tree. I'm surprised how well lavender goes with standard green. Though I like the layout of the base I'm not sure about the brown border. Maybe it's my personal taste but I would have found green a better choice.

Edited by Jacob Nion

The squat look of the tower is perfect, and topped with that wooden section... :wub:

Very pretty landscape as well, I quite like the lavender tree and boulder :classic:

The lavender tree is great and i like the tower, the total picture gives me the feeling that spring is coming soon !!!

The squat look of the tower is perfect, and topped with that wooden section... :wub:

Very pretty landscape as well, I quite like the lavender tree and boulder :classic:

Great MOC! I love the path and all of the foliage!

The lavender tree is great and i like the tower, the total picture gives me the feeling that spring is coming soon !!!

Nice tower design and one of the best uses of the lavender leaves I have ever seen. :thumbup:

Lovely mixture of tree and turrets..!

Nice tree! Great tower too- the wooden section is great!

Thanks Guys!

Great tower. But I think I like the wooden top even more than the walls. The highlight is definitely the tree. I'm surprised how well lavender goes with standard green. Though I like the layout of the base I'm not sure about the brown border. Maybe it's my personal taste but I would have found green a better choice.

I thought the lavender ended up highlighting the green nicely as well. The tower was meant to be simple in design, as I tend to draw upon people like Kevin hall and Anthony Sava when it comes to building in a traditional English style. As far as the layout, I was attempting to keep it uniform-Deep Soil (Brown) Organic Substrate (tan) then Grass (Green), like in real life. It could've easily been just green as well, but both work. Thanks man!

Very nice! The tree really makes everything pop because of the contrast. Personally I would like to see a taller tower, but the squat look does fit this build well.

The lavender tree is beautiful! Very nice round tower as well! :thumbup:

Beautiful MoC, and great to see you building in Avalonia! The building technique and look if the stone and timbers on the tower is excellent, but the character of the tree is just amazing! So organic!

Very nice build Blufiji, excellent tower, but I'm going to go with SK about the wooden top being even better! Great job with the landscaping as well, especially with the grass, and the only couple of pieces of advice from me would be to maybe have the brown irregular border extend only one or maybe two studs beyond the dark tan instead of three or four, and perhaps take out the lime green too (I don't know, it just looks a tad off to me). However, overall this is great and very fitting Avalonian MoC! :wink:

Beautiful build, Blufiji! :wub: The rockwork, tree, path, and tower are all top notch :thumbup:

The wooden section on top of the tower is great as well :classic: