ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The sets names for the friends line for this summer are out. There is a magical roller coaster ride with 900+ pieces. I am hoping for new track color!

I am also hoping that the legos ideas goldmine roller coaster is selected!:)

According to Promobricks, 10291 will be this year's Fairground set and it shall cost only 100 Euros.

Since - apart from this new information - we haven't seen or heard anything of this set yet, I bet it will firstly be released in July, perhaps with a VIP early access in late June.

I'm very surprised about this price - if it was correct, this would be the cheapest CE / 18+ Fairground set ever!

So what could it include? Imo a big ride is for this price excluded. You remember the abandonned Food Stands on Ideas? They didn't show up in the Bricklink Ideas Program. So maybe Lego gives us some sort of fairground accessory pack with a food stand, a drinks stand, a shootings gallery and a candy stand? What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That's a very low price compared with the others. I wonder if it will be the swinging chair ride shown in the background of the roller coaster? It's tall, but not substantial in terms of bricks required, so possibly keeps the same scale as the other rides, but at the lower price point?

I hope it's a swing ride, but different from the one in the box art of the Roller Coaster. Something like this would be amazing:

bdb9c7b1744a1787dd1a7073fb5f1c20.jpg

I might see TLG pull it off at a 100 euro price point, thought it may look a little tiny when compared to the other fairground sets.

You guys seem to forget that when the first fairground set launched 2014, it launched at £119.99 / $149.99 / 129.99€

The Fairground Mixer it had 1,746 pcs

i’m just glad this isn’t the one off year where we don’t get a new set. Given the history so far, it tends to be 2 release years, break, 2 years, break. 

I would love to see Lego get creative with the colors and make it colorful. I doubt it’s a mechanical set due to price. My bet is a sky fall ride. It would be possible to just manually lift it up and then it would drop with a lever release.  I skipped the Haunted House and Carousel set because they felt dull to me. The haunted house  should have been a ghost train ride… 

16 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to Promobricks, 10291 will be this year's Fairground set and it shall cost only 100 Euros.

Since - apart from this new information - we haven't seen or heard anything of this set yet, I bet it will firstly be released in July

Not accurate information. Release is set for July tho. So we should be seeing the official announcement any day as May comes to a close

£80 / €95 / $110 Are the listed price points with a possible bump in price for North America to $129 which falls in line with a mixer sized set. 

Edited by ncx
More commentary

I, for one, would welcome a slightly lower priced Fairground set, maybe along the lines of the Fairground Mixer set, which I completely missed out on.  I feel the fairground needs some smaller stalls and amusements to populate the spaces between the big four rides.  I’ve dropped the UFO carousel in, and have the pirate coaster to somehow fit in too, but its lacking closeness, so perhaps we’ll get these this year, which will no doubt disappoint some.  

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I hope it's a swing ride, but different from the one in the box art of the Roller Coaster. Something like this would be amazing:

I might see TLG pull it off at a 100 euro price point, thought it may look a little tiny when compared to the other fairground sets.

I kinda hope it's not one of those just because of the reported low price point. One would be great but it needs to be bigger, like carousel sized but taller obviously. That would be really quite spectacular, seeing something the size of the carousel spinning and rising up and tilting like that. I wouldn't want the designer of such a potentially spectacular set to be limited to only 100 euro.

I am all for smaller sets to fill out between the bigger sets. For 100 euro, I'm thinking maybe a simple twister ride, kinda like a bigger and more realistic fairground mixer (like with all the triangular truss work of the roller coaster Tycoon twister) but without the truck and side builds of the first mixer and with optional motorisation.

image.png.ebdd56c2f68c2cbc87d2116662f39f47.png

There isn't really much else I'd want to see done so cheaply TBH! Maybe they could do an octopus ride? As much as I want a swinging pirate ship, top spin, enterprise, swinging chair ride and many many more, these all need to be at least 2000+ pieces to be done well. And once they release one at a smaller, less detailed, less realistic (which would be fine for city) scale then it becomes less likely they will release another at the "proper" scale for the fairground collection.

Now of course, they probably could do a launched looping coaster, where the coaster fires from the station round a new loop piece, up a hill and then reverses/falls back down and around again into the station. That might be doable for 100 euro. But that might also be better done as a small alternate build from a much larger steel looping coaster set. 

Edited by allanp

1 hour ago, ncx said:

£80 / €95 / $110 Are the listed price points with a possible bump in price for North America to $129 which falls in line with a mixer sized set. 

Is there a reliable source for this information? Brickfanatics reports 140 Canadian. That's all I can find. Promobricks is usually very reliable and 100€ seems more plausible to me than 95€. 

Edited by Kallego

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

My guess is bumper cars :tongue:

Maybe, it would fit the rumoured price point, but one of the most recent creator Ferris wheel 3in1 builds is bumper cars, and I'm not sure what a bigger version of that would actually do. Maybe they could have a long, winding chain under the floor with magnets to move the cars around, but so far the fairground collection has been very good a realistically recreating ride mechanics, so it would be a shame to break that tradition.

19 hours ago, allanp said:

Maybe, it would fit the rumoured price point, but one of the most recent creator Ferris wheel 3in1 builds is bumper cars, and I'm not sure what a bigger version of that would actually do. Maybe they could have a long, winding chain under the floor with magnets to move the cars around, but so far the fairground collection has been very good a realistically recreating ride mechanics, so it would be a shame to break that tradition.

Having built the bumper car version of the new 3in1 Creator Ferris Wheel (as well as the other two builds), I can say that the bumper car build in that set is far too small. Something about four times the footprint would give a good space for playing with the cars, and there could be a lift-off roof for it too. That would probably fit into the price range mooted.

I'm going to throw my (hope for) +1 to the food stalls, specifically the lego ideas submission ones. Those were literal perfection and impeccably executed, and exactly what is missing from the lineup history. 

9 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'm going to throw my (hope for) +1 to the food stalls, specifically the lego ideas submission ones. Those were literal perfection and impeccably executed, and exactly what is missing from the lineup history. 

Yes! Something like the Winter Village Market minus the carousel would be neat. Maybe even a mix of food & carnival games. That’s what I really loved about the Fairground Mixer, it had a nice assortment. Either that or City needs to bring something like they did with the People Pack(and Accessories Pack).

I thought once more about the only 100 Euro priced 10291 what it could be and came to following conclusion:

different stands (like mentioned earlier)

OR

"slide tower" (wouldn't need technical elements and so should be possible for this price)

OR

swingboats (I know that the B-model of the Creator 3 in 1 ferris wheel are swingboats - but in 2018 we got the CE Coaster and the Creator 3 in 1 Pirates Coaster at the same time, too)

But a bigger fairground ride with functions I still definately don't see with this price.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

"slide tower" (wouldn't need technical elements and so should be possible for this price)

I could see this being done. Another possibility is a water park, or some sort of water themed ride. Considering the new parts they introduced in the friends theme, I’d actually think they could make some sort of fun park with those tube pieces.

Well the price point makes sense - considering the two available right now are the two out expensive ever, I'd expect a considerably cheaper one.

20 hours ago, wooster said:

5006746-1.jpg?202105250458

There’s a new gift with purchase in June, of a dragon-shaped swing ride.  Could that be a prelude to the new Fairground ride?

https://images.brickset.com/sets/large/5006746-1.jpg?202105250458

Hadn't seen that GWP, but I'm intrigued now.  Would love a swing boat, but I'd prefer a bigger one at a later date.  Ideal would be one like the one at Legoland parks, but I doubt we'd get that.

LEGO posted a strange teaser earlier, some are saying LEGO Light Kits, but now I am thinking maybe a teaser for the upcoming Fairground set?

42 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

LEGO posted a strange teaser earlier, some are saying LEGO Light Kits, but now I am thinking maybe a teaser for the upcoming Fairground set?

Have a link? I don’t get on Facebook anymore. Twitter is mostly where I hang out lol 

Just now, ncx said:

Have a link? I don’t get on Facebook anymore. Twitter is mostly where I hang out lol 

https://brickset.com/article/59649/lego-teases-something

I'm guessing it's the "Night Mode" light kits that were shown as prototypes (?) months ago. A month-early tease would be for something way more significant than a 100$ fairground set. IMO, the dark background, glowing brick silhouette, bright colorful studs and "It's ON!" caption point towards the light kits. Not sure about the glitching effect. Perhaps because it is an electric component?

1 minute ago, Terrasher said:

https://brickset.com/article/59649/lego-teases-something

I'm guessing it's the "Night Mode" light kits that were shown as prototypes (?) months ago. A month-early tease would be for something way more significant than a 100$ fairground set. IMO, the dark background, glowing brick silhouette, bright colorful studs and "It's ON!" caption point towards the light kits. Not sure about the glitching effect. Perhaps because it is an electric component?

I just looked at something and there was also this stupid thing…

https://paperblockchain.com/lego-ready-to-land-in-the-nfts-the-news-that-breaks-bricks/

On 5/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Brickset seems to be assuming it's related to the light kits, but it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to speculate that the launch of those could tie in with the next fairground set being designed to utilize them (either as an included feature or an optional expansion like motorizing past sets).

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Brickset seems to be assuming it's related to the light kits, but it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to speculate that the launch of those could tie in with the next fairground set being designed to utilize them (either as an included feature or an optional expansion like motorizing past sets).

Ahhh that’s an excellent point. It makes me wonder if they will make light sets designed for “specific sets” or they will make generic sets and include inspiration inside?