When I say fanboy, I mean these types that buy everything not looking at price or quality.

I get the feeling you could be defending that statement quite a bit ������

Edited by Boulderer

From my perspective is this set overpriced and is paying only for popular License.I can buy for 150 euro arocs(Yes is also licensed but there seems to be no price added) with pneumatic parts that I can sell for 50 euro alone.It has large motor, 2800 parts 12 tyres, etc.

If I want Porsche I will buy diecast not stickers on some parts that skyrocket price.Fanboyism is ignoring these facts, in history they archieve better supercars and they didnt need any license.

If you compare prices of sets at least compare them equally. If you mention 150 euro for an Arocs (50 euro below Lego's suggested retail price) you better do the same for the Porsche. 'But that means 250 euro Appie, which is still alot for a car with 70+ panels, new rims and 2900+ other parts'. Fine that's your opinion. I don't agree.

Edit:

And no, I am not a Porsche fan, far from it, I find the 911 the most boring ever and would have hoped for an Aston Martin, but I am still getting this set. Plenty of MOC potential.

Edited by Appie

Having no idea what "under the hood" at this point I think it's pretty hard to say what it's worth right now. It looks fantastic but only time will tell if it's functionality, level of mechanical authenticity and whatever new parts it may have make it worth the price.

One thing I'm really hoping for is that the Porsche does NOT use any stickers, it should be all printed pieces ... I mean at this price point we can expect that. Yeah I know MOCers might be against printed pieces but I'm sure the new parts won't have any stickers ... therefore no special prints and then all is fine. I just mean the Porsche logo HAS to be a printed part, and all the other stuff as well.

The Porsche emblems are more than likely going to be stickers. I cannot see Lego doing special printed panels for a Technic model. They have never done that before that I can recall.

The Porsche emblems are more than likely going to be stickers. I cannot see Lego doing special printed panels for a Technic model. They have never done that before that I can recall.

Then again it's also the first Technic +16 set? and the first to have a premium, special packaging ... so I really hope for printed panels/pieces, however you name it.

But maybe for MOCer, they will hate it, because if the printed panels are useful but it wouldn't match to the theme of their MOC. IMO.

Having no idea what "under the hood" at this point I think it's pretty hard to say what it's worth right now. It looks fantastic but only time will tell if it's functionality, level of mechanical authenticity and whatever new parts it may have make it worth the price.

That's your opinion. What can be seen and is known (3k parts among which loads of panels and new rims), warrants the price imo. Whatever information is added to that in the coming months will only be for the better.

the thing i am wondering about is, why is it 16+. there are more big sets out there but none of them is 16+. I don't know if i'm the only one around here, but i expect something quite special.

Then again it's also the first Technic +16 set? and the first to have a premium, special packaging ... so I really hope for printed panels/pieces, however you name it.

The Arocs has a printed Benz 3 point star logo. For a set of this size, it'd be pretty odd for the Porsche emblem to be a sticker.

the thing i am wondering about is, why is it 16+. there are more big sets out there but none of them is 16+. I don't know if i'm the only one around here, but i expect something quite special.

Not sure such logic holds with us grown ups. My little girl goes always by the age advertised on the box, as a justification for me to buy her that friends set .. "Look dad, it says this is for kids my age".

Seriously, I guess if you're younger than 16, you may not appreciate how valuable such set is, but also the set might not be within your budget (still living with your parents and want to burn $300+ on pieces of plastic? ... Think again kiddo, we need to trim down your allowance). On the other hand, this might be used by parents trying to dissuade their young that the set is for older people (I like this one!) ... :laugh:

Edited by DrJB

That's your opinion. What can be seen and is known (3k parts among which loads of panels and new rims), warrants the price imo. Whatever information is added to that in the coming months will only be for the better.

I hope so and I think it will be worth it just as long as it doesn't turn out like a ferrari racers set, all looks and hardly any funcionality, which at this point I think is highly unlikely.

CM4Sci is proof enough for me to believe what Banjo says.

I agree, so I guess we're looking at a June release :sweet:

Lego usually reserves the 16+ rating for the collectible sets rather than the playsets, but since this is Technic, there has to be an action element or else it would be a really boring set. But, we have to wait to find out. It's impossible to tell based on the crappy picture and scant details we have.

I believe it's the first 16+ set because this is really aimed at adults. I expect the build to be very challenging and I expect a lot of manual funcitonality - working gearbox, openable doors that can be somehow locked maybe, openable hood, fully detailed and working engine, maybe you can move the seats forward and backwards, maybe there's some sort of brake function also? and so on ... and last but not least, parents probably won't buy their kids such an expensive "toy" (in there eyes it is a toy) - but for me this is a display model and a model that should teach us new clever building technices and functions and make us happy when we see all the great stuff working in action (gearbox, etc.) As someone said above at this price point I at least expect a printed Porsche emblem (like the Arocs had a printed Mercedes emblem), even if the rest are stickers, but I hope all is printed, how annoying would it be to have stickers all around the interior/dashboard section? I would really hate it.

I expect the piece count to be around the one from the Arocs ... I'm still shocked how great this looks, I mean just compare it to previous "super-cars" from Lego, this is an incredible achievement and I can't wait to see it in finalized color, etc. very soon.

Edited by Emmi

The Arocs has a printed Benz 3 point star logo. For a set of this size, it'd be pretty odd for the Porsche emblem to be a sticker.
Unimog didn't have it's logo printed. And sticker applied on a curved pieces would look just horrible, because you there is no way of doing that properly good. SO the piece wasprinted, yes.
As someone said above at this price point I at least expect a printed Porsche emblem (like the Arocs had a printed Mercedes emblem), even if the rest are stickers, but I hope all is printed, how annoying would it be to have stickers all around the interior/dashboard section? I would really hate it.
Printed pieces are great. I just hope exclusive pieces won't be printed.
I'm still shocked how great this looks, I mean just compare it to previous "super-cars" from Lego, this is an incredible achievement and I can't wait to see it in finalized color, etc. very soon.
When you play twice as much as it cost previously you expect it to look better!

Maybe 16+ means we will get an old style instruction book with multiple changes in each image ... ;-)

Maybe 16+ means we will get an old style instruction book with multiple changes in each image ... ;-)

I would welcome that. It's annoying to follow the modern-style instruction, where nothing seems to happen, except for turning pages or scrolling down the pdf. Also, a pdf with a proper resolution and colours would be nice, because I want to store the instruction manual sealed.

Edited by Beard

Printed pieces confirmed, the steering wheel has Porsche logo print on it, definitely!