Geneva motor show is ongoing and there is no sign of the Porsche LEGO. Do we have a clear date for revealing?

We don't, it seemed just likely to most of us for them to reveal something there. So it was speculated.

A small exchange with Jeroen Ottens about wheel arches on his beautiful 328 Hommage got me wondering if, with the pending release of wheel arch panels with the Porsche, we will eventually see Technic wheel arch panels for different wheel diameters. Is there a precedent which could offer guidance?

A small exchange with Jeroen Ottens about wheel arches on his beautiful 328 Hommage got me wondering if, with the pending release of wheel arch panels with the Porsche, we will eventually see Technic wheel arch panels for different wheel diameters. Is there a precedent which could offer guidance?

Who knows, but that means too many molds for every tire diameter and for every vehicle type. Just look what TLG did after 42039 release. They had the chance to bring us another new wheel arch with the 42050 or even 42043 but they used panels ( :wacko:) and liftarms respectively.

Anyway the new wheel arches looks suitable for the standard 1:10 Supercar models.

But, the question here, is:. How often will TLG release this new WA in the other sets and colors? Being honest, I see the new WA as a very exclusive and expensive piece

Argh, Seems like we will never know anything till it is actually out. @ Rollermonkey might as well start saving now as much as possible, just in case.

I just want a release date so I know how long I have to save up for it.

I am fairly certain it comes out in June, but don't quote me on that.

Not to digress but, how about a travel back in time and a MOC for this blue beauty? I believe it's a 1955, but could be wrong.

I wonder if all curved panels are available in blue .... maybe not, but I have an entire collection of the old ones that came with the blue/white F1

160216040730-seinfeld-auction-1955-porsche-550-spyder-780x439.jpg

Edited by DrJB

Below is a link to my brickshelf with what I have built of the car in Ldraw with the bodywork in the 4 colors that the 911 GT3RS is available in

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=563012

So far I have just under 1350 parts with no gearbox or anything really joining the parts of the car together to form any real chassis.

Also I put the 4 different files into rebrickable to see what parts didn't exist in the various colors I had used and white and orange are missing about 15 pieces in those colors while purple and silver were missing about 45. So that may not be great for the chances of the set coming in the latter colors or maybe we will get a lot of new pieces in so far unused colors......hopefully the latter :grin:

Below is a link to my brickshelf with what I have built of the car in Ldraw with the bodywork in the 4 colors that the 911 GT3RS is available in

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=563012

So far I have just under 1350 parts with no gearbox or anything really joining the parts of the car together to form any real chassis.

Also I put the 4 different files into rebrickable to see what parts didn't exist in the various colors I had used and white and orange are missing about 15 pieces in those colors while purple and silver were missing about 45. So that may not be great for the chances of the set coming in the latter colors or maybe we will get a lot of new pieces in so far unused colors......hopefully the latter :grin:

That is absolutely brilliant man!

Seeing these colors, I think the purple is the most badass.

Could you perhaps create a version where you swap 4 curved panels on the white body to red ones so to create the stripes effect?

Edited by jonny789

Great job, so my hopes of it being purple are pretty much shot down, but at least there's a chance for orange :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Kman860

That is absolutely brilliant man!

Seeing these colors, I think the purple is the most badass.

Could you perhaps create a version where you swap 4 curved panels on the white body to red ones so to create the stripes effect?

Let's hope for either Purple/Black or Silver/Black. Both look superb!

I'm thinking lego_porsche_body_orange1.png_thumb.jpg, thanks to Jelo in post #1065, above. (and Jim's hints). Still hoping for some nice stripes or other details.

Edited by JGW3000

I have updated all my pics of the different colors with some extra pieces and also to change parts of the car to black that are black on the real car, skirts, supports for rear wing, mirror attachment etc Have also added a white with red stripe version.

Also have added some extra pics and have worked out how to put them on here now (new to this eurobricks thing)

Orange

lego_porsche_body_orange1.pnglego_porsche_body_orange2.png

Purple

lego_porsche_body_purple1.pnglego_porsche_body_purple2.png

Silver

lego_porsche_body_silver1.pnglego_porsche_body_silver2.png

Whitelego_porsche_body_white_1.pnglego_porsche_body_white2.png

White with red stripelego_porsche_body_white_stripe1.pnglego_porsche_body_white_stripe2.png

I'm thinking lego_porsche_body_orange1.png_thumb.jpg, thanks to Jelo in post #1065, above. (and Jim's hints). Still hoping for some nice stripes or other details.

I agree and I must admit that orange and black looks very cool!

The hint is give in my Maze review btw.

Purple would be amazing.

It would require some serious courage from TLG, and for us to buy a purple lego porsche, but it would look so cool.

Orange is the safe choice i guess.

Orange seems like a strange choice to me. It isn't a safe colour, only marginally safer than purple, and the real car's lava orange looks much closer to Lego red than Lego orange.