Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

I do not underststand the conection to the BWE

is it august yet

lol

I bet your one of those kid that keeped asking "Are we there yet"

In the words of many parents "We will be there when we get there" :hmpf_bad:

just a thought is the possibility to make the tracks move independently to make it turn instead of back and forth

Edited by legobeast73

WildDistinctKangaroo.gif

Yes, there is nothing quite like looking thru a thread for new replies, and seeing pointless drivel. We're all impatient, but seriously.

will it be possible to take the IR from 42030 and use it on 42055

It's LEGO! Anything is possible if you have enought money imagination!

It's LEGO! Anything is possible if you have enought money imagination!

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

i would also love to see it with actual working lights

i could see myself building a scene with the following sets

42055 too

does anyone know how much 42055 will be in USD yet??

Please stop asking these kind of questions. This information will be available when the sets are released. Furthermore, there's enough information to estimate the price. No need to ask.

will it be possible to take the IR from 42030 and use it on 42055

Another useless question.

I don't get the reason why people keep saying "the majority of the parts will be pins" and then "it is not that great a set"...

Yes we got it, most modern/studless sets have more pins than anything else, but does it make the sets less appealing? :sceptic:

The MK II Mobile Crane from 2013 had 1000 pins at least.

Where do you get that information from? The way I counted:

6628 x14

87082 x35

6558 x214

4274 x18

32556 x11

3673 x8

32054 x64

32002 x15

2780 x495

874 pins in total... :wacko: Information like this is funny. But anyway the point is moot. Let's get back to the BWE itself, and not how many pins it is going to get...

I am looking forward to getting those "quarter-turntable" or "gear-arc". I miss the Hailfire set so this large turntable is nice thing to have - also it would be great if we could build a true ball-bearing turntable with these parts and LEGO balls for some really heavy machinery. Not sure how common these new parts will be in the future...

I don't get the reason why people keep saying "the majority of the parts will be pins" and then "it is not that great a set"...

Yes we got it, most modern/studless sets have more pins than anything else, but does it make the sets less appealing? :sceptic:

Have to agree, the pins are no less a piece then any beam etc. You can't make these sets without them. Just purchased the 42030 which should arrive at the end of April, hopefully that will tide me over until this set is released :P

Edited by Riley-NZL

If this topic only gets useless posts, (which it does imo, and this one included), can't you close this for a little while untill we get more information and have usefull stuf to discuss? same story with 42056-topic.

-Edit: sorry for another useless post. :sceptic:

Edited by roppie11

I think the reason for the useless posts, that the members can't wait for August to arrive and are excited about getting their dirty paws on a 4000 piece set (remember you could not wait for Christmas morning to arrive) so they want to talk about it.

No matter how pointless the conversation, "are we there yet, are we there yet?" :cry_happy:

If you remove the huge conveyor arm, you'll get a huge portal gate through which Loki summoned the Chitauri :grin:

Edited by nguyengiangoc

If you remove the huge conveyor arm, you'll get a huge portal gate through which Loki summoned the Chitauri :grin:

The Bucket Wheel Excavator - burdened with glorious purpose!

Actually, I think that frame could work as a handle to carry your BWE around. We'll have to see how balanced it is when it finally comes out.

Another 5 months before its release, its killing me the wait time better build something in the meanwhile

Is that definite? I thought it was due before that. So many great Technic sets due this year, I was hoping to spread them out a bit.

How come we have not seen a reverse-engineered version by dokludi?

I'm sure efferman can generate files for 3D printing the curved gear racks ... hmmm, unless that's a 'patent/copyright' violation :(

I think I'm going to build the ghost rider 2 version of this maybe make the wheel spin crazy fast in relation to everything else