8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

My Lego Store (Rochester, NY) just got them in today, and when I arrived after work, had free reign of the boxes for a little while. Managed to get 15 out of the 16, 100 percent accuracy on the feels, yay! In fact, about 10 minutes later a father and two sons came in, and they were having me help feel their packs to identify which characters were in the bags. And then it happened ... the kid picked up a pack and said the words I dreaded to hear ... "I think this is the Wildlife Photographer!" She was the only one I was missing. The kid asked me to feel the bag for him, and sure enough, it was the Wildlife Photographer. I smiled, said, "Good job, kid," and handed the pack back to the little guy. I think I showed great restraint in not mugging him for it. :D

Then about another 10 minutes later, a mother and her three children came in. They started feeling packets too. And yep, they found a Wildlife Photographer as well. That was my frustrated cue to give up for the night and go home. Will try again another day.

I want to see that head on the baby mold.

...And a Penguin Loop.

Heck, I'm still waiting for someone to put a Series 14 Mad Scientist hat on top of itself. That was a brilliant idea that, like the Penguin Loop, got ignored and buried beneath the comment masses.

I want to see that head on the baby mold.

...And a Penguin Loop.

Heck, I'm still waiting for someone to put a Series 14 Mad Scientist hat on top of itself. That was a brilliant idea that, like the Penguin Loop, got ignored and buried beneath the comment masses.

If I get them by next week, I'll do my best to get the legendary penguin-loop made. This needs to be made.

I went to TRU today looking for s16. They looked in the stock room, they did have them - but wouldn't sell because the box says not to sell until SEPT 1. This was in OK, USA

Sounds like it wasn't OK at all.

Also, I love the Teen Mom description for the Babysitter. That's what she'll be called now.

And I'd love to see that head above on the Shark Suit Guy. Rows of teeth...

Edited by x105Black

If I get them by next week, I'll do my best to get the legendary penguin-loop made. This needs to be made.

This would confirm your superiority to CM4Sci as an informant, for sure! The rivalry would be over, because we'd all know who makes Penguin Loops best.

I'll just photoshop 1 penguin to form a loop cause after tomorrow I will no longer own a full box.

Back on topic, surprisingly the only fig I was not able to find was the Serenader... and I felt all the bags in the case.

That's a bummer. I found him to be really easy to find. It was the hat. I think I was reminded of smooshing LEGO Movie blind bags. It's big, round, and most importantly, pointy.

I only picked up one of each figure (other than the figure I'm modding for my backpacking friend). I'll go back again soon and pick up a couple more Serenaders. I need to make a full Mariachi band!

My local Lego store in Los Angeles area had S16 out today. I was short on time and could only feel for the few I wanted, but still need to come back to find the babysitter. About to unwrap these packs right now!

Question - I have a female friend going on a hiking trip in a couple of weeks. I wanted to send her off with a female version of the Hiker. Looking for suggestions on hair. Anything with a ponytail (which would be perfect for her), is too big to fit with the backpack. I've already subbed the head with the female boxer.

As a follow up to what I posted earlier today...

I ended up using the hair that comes with Ann Lee, from the Monster Fighters sets. Excuse the potato quality, but here's what the final minifig looks like:

post-118175-0-72619400-1469079490_thumb.jpg

The hair is close in color to my friend, and she'll probably have her hair up while she's hiking anyway. So, I'm happy with it. Thanks for the assist folks.

Edited by Alpinemaps

As a follow up to what I posted earlier today...

I ended up using the hair that comes with Ann Lee, from the Monster Fighters sets. Excuse the potato quality, but here's what the final minifig looks like:

*PIC SNIP*

The hair is close in color to my friend, and she'll probably have her hair up while she's hiking anyway. So, I'm happy with it. Thanks for the assist folks.

The potato quality looks okay to me!

I like your mod, that hair looks good on there :classic:

1469078993[/url]' post='2617044']

My local Lego store in Los Angeles area had S16 out today. I was short on time and could only feel for the few I wanted, but still need to come back to find the babysitter. About to unwrap these packs right now!

DUDE, would you mind telling me which store? I promise I only have money for like two, and I haven't seen one box of any series in this city since series 13.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

According to facebook reports, these are hitting the streets on New York as well

It took me way too long to find this. Like five minutes.

Here's the supposed box distribution -

5 each

Banana Guy

Arabian Knight

Spy

4 each

Serenader

Imp

Hiker

Rogue

Dog Show Judge

Spooky Boy

3 each

Babysitter

Pirate

Cyborg

Ice Queen

Penguin

Kickboxer

Wildlife Photographer

MODS, can we get this added to the first post, just so it doesn't get buried?

EDIT: WAAIIIIIIIT a second. It says there's only three Wildlife Photographers per box! Does that mean no magical, mystical, mythical penguin-loop?

At least not with just one box....

Edited by rob-ot5000

I checked the Colorado Springs Target (one of them) last night. They had taken the Disney series down, but nothing is up in their place yet. I'm headed to the Lego store this weekend; here's hoping I can find a hiker (I imagine it'll be one of the most popular ones here in Colorado). And maybe a spy, a mariachi musician, and a babysitter.

Ooh, speaking of the mariachi musician: I wonder what this will mean for all those who inexplicably called the maraca player from S2 a "mariachi." I expect it won't mean much for most people who used that term, but Brickset will face an interesting choice. Do they rename the minifigure correctly to Maraca Man? Or do they keep it the same, knowing people will be confused when they search for the actual mariachi musician?

Edited by Tea Weevil

I do not know if it was mentioned yet. But "Brothers Brick" have a review of the series out.

Oh good! Thank you very much.

The rogue is weird. Cape printed on the front, but no cape because of the quiver. Dark green hood, but red cape print. Even if one gave him a cape, one would not know which of both colors to choose.

I do not know if it was mentioned yet. But "Brothers Brick" have a review of the series out.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/07/20/lego-collectible-minifigs-series-16-review/#more-75145

Thanks for the suggestion. It's quite a good review with quality photographs and well written text. Could have benefited from a few more pictures though.

The rogue is weird. Cape printed on the front, but no cape because of the quiver. Dark green hood, but red cape print. Even if one gave him a cape, one would not know which of both colors to choose.

I agree - a bit of a dog's breakfast. CMFs are designed by a team at TLG. One gets the impression that too many team members inputted on the rogue to the detriment of its design congruity.

The one in Glendale ?

Yeah my french accent is causing bad damage on the phone, so if I can skip the phone call to the store it would be great :grin:

And what about Paris, anybody knows ?

Edited by Lady_Scarlett

DUDE, would you mind telling me which store? I promise I only have money for like two, and I haven't seen one box of any series in this city since series 13.

The one in Glendale ?

Yeah my french accent is causing bad damage on the phone, so if I can skip the phone call to the store it would be great :grin:

Yes. Limit of 16 per customer.