8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

I can imagine they would appear there first.

Then again, real horses don't even seem to exist in that world.

When he says it right after one of my posts, you should generally regard it as someone trolling me for my negative views on Nexo Knights. Some people get a kick out of teasing me over this.

To be fair, you're still trolling EVERYONE with your sig and profile pic.

To be fair, you're still trolling EVERYONE with your sig and profile pic.

Fair enough.

Signature removed.

I would rather have new animals then any other new molds. Especially a small perched bird or a squirrel, rabbit or other common small rodent.

The Friends line already have plenty of those although in cartoonish scale...

The Friends line already have plenty of those although in cartoonish scale...

... and therefore not compatible with minifigure scale or style.

Minifigure scale is kind of wonky too, though. I just built the Modular Pet Shop, and it was rather glaring that the cat and the mouse that are given to you are both the same size - actually, the mouse might actually be bigger. :laugh:

I don't think the scale of Friends animals would be an issue - they'd just need a reprint with System eyes and they should be fine to be included with CMFs.

A squirrel would be a nice addition, in particular that there aren't many opportunities for a squirrel mould to be made to complement a figure or theme. I can't see there being much new for the hiker though.

Minifigure scale is kind of wonky too, though. I just built the Modular Pet Shop, and it was rather glaring that the cat and the mouse that are given to you are both the same size - actually, the mouse might actually be bigger. :laugh:

I don't think the scale of Friends animals would be an issue - they'd just need a reprint with System eyes and they should be fine to be included with CMFs.

Yeah, it looks like a large rat and a small kitten, which honestly wouldn't be that far off in size.

Friends animals have a much different style of shape, as well, so it's not just a matter of printing or size.

Both the penguin and the baby seal, with proper non-cutesy printing, are fine for System scale. The longstanding System monkey is far out of scale, but it is still in current use. That's why we never got Jack the undead monkey in POTC.

If we do get a smaller penguin mold, maybe someone will recreate the dancing penguins scene from Mary Poppins.

Edited by gedren_y

Scale is not the broblem - the design of animals is. The "girl series" use round molds while "standard series" use more blocky style. They are slowly mixing, and I hate this fact. I liked my animals square.

Scale is not the broblem - the design of animals is. The "girl series" use round molds while "standard series" use more blocky style. They are slowly mixing, and I hate this fact. I liked my animals square.

Hate is such a strong word... personally, I don't like it... but is there anything we can do to prevent it from mixing? The Friends theme is still under the LEGO brand whether we like it or not and to distinguish that one style should only be confined to one theme or another is out of our control.

Anyway, hope that we get a penguin in whatever form it will be.

Both the penguin and the baby seal, with proper non-cutesy printing, are fine for System scale. The longstanding System monkey is far out of scale, but it is still in current use. That;s why we never got Jack the undead monkey in POTC.

I love that monkey, even though I realize the scale is wrong.

I agree, it's the round, soft, cutesy style that's the biggest problem. Scale is just another issue on top of that.

New tid bit rumor I've heard is the secret agent is based off of James bond :)

You sure it's not the ornithologist James Bond? Could be the wildlife photographer...

The fact that the Secret Agent is remiscent of James Bond is interesting, but I'm wondering what distinguishes a secret agent from a guy wearing a really nice suit? Maybe he will have some sort of unique accessory?

A squirrel would be a nice addition, in particular that there aren't many opportunities for a squirrel mould to be made to complement a figure or theme. I can't see there being much new for the hiker though.

Reading from your list of desired minifigures the Peruvian tradition Andean minifigure could be possible if they made it a female and the new queens dress piece is perfect for it.

The fact that the Secret Agent is remiscent of James Bond is interesting, but I'm wondering what distinguishes a secret agent from a guy wearing a really nice suit? Maybe he will have some sort of unique accessory?

These are exactly my thoughts. He could have a gadget of some sort, but I can't think of anything in particular at the moment... A pistol seems unlikely as LEGO does not produce contemporary firearms: everything is either historical muskets, flintocks, rifles, and revolvers, or space-age blasters and rayguns...

If the Dog Show Judge is male, he'll likely come in a suit, so how different will that one be in comparison to the Spy's?

Edited by telaruhn

Reading from your list of desired minifigures the Peruvian tradition Andean minifigure could be possible if they made it a female and the new queens dress piece is perfect for it.

I was thinking something like this...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bolivian+lady&biw=1366&bih=622&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA2fmhl9DMAhVMJ8AKHX7XA3oQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=CKd_v_xr_Q53fM%3A

The only problem is I'd like several different ones - a lone Bolivian lady would not be much use, whereas several would be exactly what I'm looking for.

These are exactly my thoughts. He could have a gadget of some sort, but I can't think of anything in particular at the moment... A pistol seems unlikely as LEGO does not produce contemporary firearms: everything is either historical muskets, flintocks, rifles, and revolvers, or space-age blasters and rayguns...

If the Dog Show Judge is male, he'll likely come in a suit, so how different will that one be in comparison to the Spy's?

Hopefully one will be a white tuxedo. However, I am sure somebody said the dog show judge was female. I guess they's have a coloured blazer or something less James Bond.

Maybe the James Bond spy has a cocktail that's shaken and not stirred. And a printed tile with stolen info that will save the world?

I think a recoloured Sonic Screwdriver would be an appropriate accessory to get with the Spy, if he's in the same stile as James Bond.

While it would go against their guidelines, a martini glass would be funny. I'm pretty sure it won't be a trench-coat spy, but I sure wish it was.

If the spy is indeed based on James Bond, it is likely that the minfigure will not have any new mould, but lots of printing and maybe a pistol, which is kind of boring. I hope I am wrong in this. Hope we get some leaks soon.