Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Where did you find this out?

Apparently Lego mailed the notification out to members. Saw the ad posted on FB. I was going to hold off on purchasing the RO sets until the 2nd, but I guess this will force my hand to buy at least one on the 30th. Pretty cool, but would have been nice for the mini-figure to be an exclusive RO one.

Thing is it says double VIP points, on september 30th? I though it started October first?

My bad, it reads double VIP starts september 30th, not October first.

My wallet is ready ma boys.

Edited by RetroInferno

The Revan promo seems random and definitely unexpected. It's nice, though, considering the figure is going for a ridiculous amount of money on Bricklink right now.

Lego really seems to be on a crusade agaisn't the secondary market, first revamping the Death Star, setting a contest for the Escape the space slug and now Revan, a mini fig worth 50$ on Bricklink...

Not that I'm at all complainning though!

That's interesting they are rereleasing it. Probably gong to make it cheaper on the aftermarket. I'm not a fan of the old republic but I'm wondering if I should get it and see what the promo is for toys r us too.

If it doesnt have ice cream machine man im out lol

Same here!

In 2016 a 110$ set with only 4 minifigs is a huge rip-off, and isn't acceptable .

Apparently it is, you bought it.

Darth Revan Is BACK!!!

Very exciting, I love that minifigure.

Does anyone know if Revan will be available in the UK?

I missed out on the figure first time round as I'd never played Knights of the Old Republic, but I fell in love with the game when I discovered it last year.

Does anyone know if Revan will be available in the UK?

Really hope so, it would be an incredible disappointment if this was just a US/Canada thing, but I wouldn't be surprised. The double points are a wonderful incentive to pick up the RO sets without waiting an extra day and Revan is just icing on the cake.

Sadly Revan will be Can and USA exclusive by the looks of it,

And 5 FO trooper polybag for a 65 euro purchase? That speaks ton of the perceived value Lego has of that polybag...

Btw, do my european cousins ( France ) even have a double VIP event for october?

Edited by RetroInferno

The 'Slug contest' is also available in The Netherlands, so there is a possibility that Revan will be a promotional giveaway..

And a Double VIP event is expected, but not yet confirmed.

Edited by Kevii23

I just hope they'll giveaway the A-wing Fighter Pilot polybag from Rebels instead, it's such a nice figure :wub:

Or anyone else know of a way to obtain it without buying it from expensive resellers? :/

I'm so happy I have a second chance to get Revan, and 2x VIP points to boot! I'm surprised there isn't a "spend $50 to get exclusive minifig" So that's ice. I'll be getting the AT-ST for sure.

As one who already has revan, i say "nooooooooooo" *darth vader voice*

I can understand if you don't like the minifigure and were hoping to sell it, but if you do like it, you should be happy that now others can share in your joy.

I wonder if Lego has listened to the complaints of the community at large about the theme (Assault on Hoth, May 4th figure, wtc...) and decided to throw us a fan favorite figure as well as double vip points.

Or maybe SW took a hit in sales this year and they need something like Revan to revitalize their sales for this quarter

Bought Rebel Combat Frigate set today and I like it a lot more now that I've built it. The build itself was quite difficult , mainly because of a lot of technic parts, and strangely it took me 2,5 hours to build it compared to 3 hrs it took me to build Milenium Falcon ( which has more pieces). Exterior is quite nice, but interior is horrible! Barely enough space for 4 minifigs, and rather bad representation of ships control room. The minifigures of the sets except Ahsoka are either repeats or plain new additions( Commander Sato), and there's only 4 minifigs + astromech in 110$ set! Lego could have easily included another named character like Zeb or Seventh Sister Inquisitor, or a couple of generic rebel troopers. In 2016 a 110$ set with only 4 minifigs is a huge rip-off, and isn't acceptable . And price per part ratio is off the charts . Overall while this ship looks cool on the shelf it's not worth 110$, Ahsoka is the only reason to buy this set which would sell without her. You'd be better off saving some money and just Bricklinking Ahsoka's minifigure .

TRU had it for 20% off two weeks ago. I grabbed one as soon as I saw that.

Even if Revan is US/Can only, it should bring prices down for the rest of us.

However...

I seriously, seriously hope it's not US/Can only. It'll be a great excuse for me to buy a set again this year.

I just hope they'll giveaway the A-wing Fighter Pilot polybag from Rebels instead, it's such a nice figure :wub:

Or anyone else know of a way to obtain it without buying it from expensive resellers? :/

There's supposed to be a promo at TRU at the end of the month but there's no news on what it is.

As one who already has revan, i say "nooooooooooo" *darth vader voice*

Why?

This doesn't make the figure uglier or something like that.....yes, it makes the figure less valuable on the aftermarket, but imho that's not important as we're all fans, not scalpers....right?

People who missed out last time can now get it....even for free! Good for them! It's a great minifig!

Their financial report clearly states that North America was lagging sales wise, they'll continue pumping good promotions for that market I guess.