Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm hoping for more and better images of the Rebel Combat Frigate. Hopefully they'll be released soon (though there is a possibility that the set might be released within a month I suppose). I really want a better look at the Ahsoka fig and the interior and the rear of the ship, or alternative features.

LEGO released the official set description for the Combat Frigate a few days ago. It is $109.99 USD and the official release date is on August 1st. Unfortunately there are no official pictures on the website as of yet.

Here's the official set description from shop at home:

Imperial forces are on the hunt for Ezra and his rebel friends aboard the Rebel Combat Frigate. If they’re forced into battle, get into position with the lifting handle and fold out the wings. Then load the spring-loaded shooters, arm the stud shooter and fire! Can you fend off the Empire’s Agent Kallus and escape to safety? That’s up to you…

• Includes 4 minifigures: Ezra Bridger, Agent Kallus, Ahsoka Tano and Commander Sato, plus Chopper Astromech Droid.
  • Features foldout wings, spring-loaded shooters, stud shooter, a useful lifting handle and removable upper cover for easy access.
  • Remove the top and play out adventures within the starship.
  • Grab the lifting handle and make-believe you’re piloting a real starship!
  • Fire the weapons to act out exciting deep-space battles.
  • Weapons include Ahsoka’s Lightsabers, Ezra’s Lightsaber and Agent Kallus’ built-up blaster.
  • Also includes a wrench accessory element.
  • As featured in the Star Wars Rebels animated TV series.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9-14.
  • Rebel Combat Frigate with engines closed measures over 4” (12cm) high, 14” (38cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.

Edited by avengers777

Thanks for the official set info, but why 75158 is cost $110? The set only comes with 936 parts as I remember. Like the other summer sets, this set is also overpriced.

Bleh. That set isn't interesting enough to pay $110 for--now if it WAS, it might be worth the money. Also, @ArmstrongYong, the Freemaker Adventures sets aren't overpriced so much... boring, sure, but not TOO expensive.

110 USD? If it's decently sized it may be excusable. On a side note Freemakers arent over priced but that star scavenger ought to be Lego's ugliest ship in years, and it's play features are horrendous.

^^Okay, yes, the StarScavenger is awful. But still... I do not think that Ahsoka set is worth as much as the Clone Turbo Tank, and especially not worth MORE than either Ultra Agents base, Benny's Spaceship, that evil Elves castle, the Bridge Battle, the Imperial Shuttle, etc.

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

110 USD? If it's decently sized it may be excusable. On a side note Freemakers arent over priced but that star scavenger ought to be Lego's ugliest ship in years, and it's play features are horrendous.

I think that 75158 is undersized for the $110 price tag.

Here's a picture of 75158: 75158-1.jpg?201605150902

There's a couple of 2x2 R5 astromech head at the side of the ship, and now take a 2x2 round brick to imagine the scale.

Mmhh, seems a tad bit short, and the interior size doesnt appear to hold much either isn't?.... And that ashoka is gonna sell around 40$ on bricklink that's for sure ...I'll save my money on rogue 1 thank you very much :)

Edited by RetroInferno

The Rebel Combat Frigate could stand to be several studs larger, for the price, but it's still OK. The poor Star Scavenger would be alright if it weren't for the two-thirds taken up by that derpy play feature, I can't believe kids would want that, it looks so stupid. :wacko:

$110? Yikes! Is ahsoka worth $110? She's the only good thing about that set, I'd recommend just bricklinking her.

The ship itself is ok and the set itself is good to get Chopper and Agent Kallus with his helmet (75083 is now retired, and Kallus's helmet is previously only available in that set). But the price tag? Not so much I think.

Ok, well if you want to justify the set, think of it like this, you're paying $40 for Ahsoka, and for only $70 you get 3 other figures and a full set! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

$110? Yikes! Is ahsoka worth $110? She's the only good thing about that set, I'd recommend just bricklinking her.

3s3k1d.jpg

Four figures with only two being new is inexcusable for a set this small and this expensive.

Edited by Forresto

Yeah, this is really disappointing... this set also broke the $90 summer exclusive price trend that's been going on for the past five years. If they were really dead set on making it $110, then we could have at least got some more figures (Seventh Sister... :sceptic: ). At this point I guess I'll just wait for a sale.

Bricklink prices for Star Wars minifigures have unfortunately been getting worse and worse lately. Luminara from the new Clone Turbo Tank, which is the same price as the Combat Frigate, is currently going for $25+. I'm shuddering thinking about Ahsoka costing $30 or even more on her own... and at that point it'd probably be better to just buy the set.

Yikes! That's fairly expensive for what you actually get. But that's pretty much been the case for the past year and a half. I'll probably still buy this set anyway though. :P

I'm shuddering thinking about Ahsoka costing $30 or even more on her own... and at that point it'd probably be better to just buy the set.

That seems to be the trend. These resellers may end up pricing themselves out of sales.

While I don't really want the set, I'm starting to look at all of the pieces to get a good idea of usefulness to justify the cost.

I've been keeping an eye on Luminara and Quinlan out of curiosity. I don't buy single minifigures on the secondary, but I am also noticing the trend of increased prices on minifigures this year. With Luminara and Quinlan each hitting $50 in a $110 set, it reminds me of Boba Fett hitting $50 these days in a $200 set. But the difference is Boba Fett is a much bigger named character and a bit more deservant of that price point ratio.

Lego Star Wars.... You're going down a path I cannot follow... TLG you're breaking my heart..

Well I'd like to get a freighter style ship with usable interior (yeah I'm looking at you GHOST...)

+ I just love the Rebels show of course & Ahsoka.

However, the description doesn't sound like there's anything exciting. I guess the "middle back part" is used for storage (baaaah) while there are like a few seats, consoles in the middle part + (huge shock!) 2-4 clips.

By all the great designs of the last years - TLG has flucked up 90 % of the interiors of their SW vehicles. Upgrating my ISD felt like moving into a new apartment. With lot's of weapons racks, a hyper drive & a room for Darth Vader...

With the AT-TE, the ISD, the CTT & other bigger sets you could just see how the designers have no idea about the content - they probably just saw a few pictures..

So don't get your expectations up for a conference room or whatever..

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

^ I won't mind if some of the interior space in a set is been sacrificed for a more sturdy build. My main problem with 75158 is the price tag like most of the summer sets. Some of the users once said that the summer sets is been build smaller to appear for kids, but with the price tag I think it's the opposite: Why a parent want to buy a undersized $100 set while there's other sets that have a much better value out there?

LEGO released the official set description for the Combat Frigate a few days ago. It is $109.99 USD and the official release date is on August 1st. Unfortunately there are no official pictures on the website as of yet.

Here's the official set description from shop at home:

Imperial forces are on the hunt for Ezra and his rebel friends aboard the Rebel Combat Frigate. If they’re forced into battle, get into position with the lifting handle and fold out the wings. Then load the spring-loaded shooters, arm the stud shooter and fire! Can you fend off the Empire’s Agent Kallus and escape to safety? That’s up to you…

• Includes 4 minifigures: Ezra Bridger, Agent Kallus, Ahsoka Tano and Commander Sato, plus Chopper Astromech Droid.
  • Features foldout wings, spring-loaded shooters, stud shooter, a useful lifting handle and removable upper cover for easy access.
  • Remove the top and play out adventures within the starship.
  • Grab the lifting handle and make-believe you’re piloting a real starship!
  • Fire the weapons to act out exciting deep-space battles.
  • Weapons include Ahsoka’s Lightsabers, Ezra’s Lightsaber and Agent Kallus’ built-up blaster.
  • Also includes a wrench accessory element.
  • As featured in the Star Wars Rebels animated TV series.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9-14.
  • Rebel Combat Frigate with engines closed measures over 4” (12cm) high, 14” (38cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.

Interesting that they don't count chopper as minifig. I mean, didn't they count all the brickbuilt droids in sandcrawler, also counting all the battledroids as minifigs?

Astromechs aren't usually included as minifigs, not that I agree with that.

And that ashoka is gonna sell around 40$ on bricklink that's for sure ...

A bit less than that, I think. You'll be able to get one for at least around $25 to $30 or less.

Edited by General Magma