Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

On 11/21/2023 at 1:42 PM, Wardancer said:

The Dreamzzz Nightmare King will be available soon with some magazine.

I picked it up this evening in Surrey, UK. Woohoo!

Usually, continental Europe is ahead of the UK on the magazine releases so it may already be out where you are.

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

I picked it up this evening in Surrey, UK. Woohoo!

Usually, continental Europe is ahead of the UK on the magazine releases so it may already be out where you are.

Thanks, but I already got one for a high price months ago to make my Harpy Queen: 

Harpy Queen Madeira Nocturnia

I am not sure what to do with another. 

3 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Thanks, but I already got one for a high price months ago to make my Harpy Queen:

One is scary enough! *oh2*

Great minifigure by the way :thumbup:

Edited by AmperZand

Is it cheaper to get it from a magazine than buy the parts from PAB?

10 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Harpy Queen Madeira Nocturnia

Is that a custom figure?  Where does the hair come from in that color and I haven't seen most of those parts before.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Is it cheaper to get it from a magazine than buy the parts from PAB?

Yes, the PAB price was very high for the tge headgear.

14 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Is that a custom figure?  Where does the hair come from in that color and I haven't seen most of those parts before.

Click the image, there is a full breakdown of the customisation of the parts. Or see the post in the minifigure customisation workshop section.

The march Ninjago wave has some great sets and figs.  There is some nice pieces in the sets too with a gold climbing hook and a large dish piece that used for a moon.  There also is a new armor piece.  There is also a new dual molded sword.  The temple looks great just a terrible price.  

8 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

This set is beautiful.

Yes Just really high price for some reason unless there are a lot more pieces than it looks like.  It's a really great design.  

Leaked image of the snow white set are out looks like we will get the prince and the witch.  This set could easily be used to expand a village.  It looks great.  The dwarf parts are going to be great.  

11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Leaked image of the snow white set are out looks like we will get the prince and the witch..

Legoleak on Reddit has been on fire lately.

I've been watching 'Ronja: the Robber's daughter ' and in it the robbers wear wooden masks when out raiding. And it gave me an idea.

It's not in the most useful colours, but I think the new Ninjago wolf warrior mask could make for a cool masked bandit, perhaps if it was a black hood with a brown ( wooden) mask it would make a pairing with the new Wolfpack torso.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:10 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I've been watching 'Ronja: the Robber's daughter ' and in it the robbers wear wooden masks when out raiding. And it gave me an idea.

It's not in the most useful colours, but I think the new Ninjago wolf warrior mask could make for a cool masked bandit, perhaps if it was a black hood with a brown ( wooden) mask it would make a pairing with the new Wolfpack torso.

The heads are double sided and one side has a metal mask on it like what you are describing and some of the figs have the star wars hood in dark blue.  So I think those figs would work for something like that.  I would have to try the head out on one of the rogues from the cmf or when the Town Square comes out try it on the new wolfpack guy in that set.  

A blurry pic of the Ideas DND set are out - looks like a great tavern-stone build with lots of landscape building. 

I can make out 6 DND mini figures as well as a red dragon and 3 other brick-built creatures 

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

A blurry pic of the Ideas DND set are out - looks like a great tavern-stone build with lots of landscape building. 

I can make out 6 DND mini figures as well as a red dragon and 3 other brick-built creatures 

Owl bear, displacer beast and a beholder are the 3 brickbuilt creatures. The dragon is now a red dragon with cloth wings. The minifigs are a green Dragonborn bard (recolour of vidyo dragon head), a rogue, a warrior, a white haired High-Elven druid, a conjourer with a book and a black-robed warlock on top of the tower by the looks of it. Furthermore there is a small myconid colony under the bridge (using the Dreamzz bodies for 2 of the myconids).

Edited by Metanoios

Yeah the DnD set looks great.  That's definitely a day one buy the set looks awesome and the dragon, owlbear and beholder all look great.  Can't wait to see better pictures.  

The Snow White set has some new parts I see a lot of potential for. On the minifigs, it has some fun recolored hats and two new short beard shapes without mustaches, and some relatively generic torso patterns (though the high waistline indicated by the belts makes them less than ideal for full-size minifigs, so will be of most use for children or for fantasy species like dwarfs, gnomes, hobbits/halflings, etc).

The building itself also has nice recolors like the 2x3x2/3 rock plate in Flame Yellowish Orange, providing a nice new option for thatched roofs, and the 1x2 cylindrical panel in Reddish Brown, which will be useful for all sorts of wooden architectural elements, furnishings, or tree trunks.

The set also introduces a new 2x2 half-circle tile in Medium Nougat for the headboards/footboards of the beds, which could also be of good use for other furniture, wooden signs, or small wooden shields.

In general, the animals, accessories, and building elements/building techniques alike seem to have a lot of potential for medieval or fantasy builds. While the price might be too steep for a lot of individual builders to seek it out as a parts pack, I could imagine LUGs taking interest in it for parts drafts.

There are a lot of nice new parts in the Snow White set but since it's a licensed set it's unlikely we will actually be able to purchase most of them off PAB unless they get recolored or reused for non-licensed sets.  Like those decorative Owl tiles will most likely never be offered on PAB.  The Dwarf hats are a bit more generic so there is some hope there.  We never did get James Potter's Dark Blue Winter Scarf from the Harry Potter CMF on PAB but did in other colors.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:39 AM, karrit said:

There are a lot of nice new parts in the Snow White set but since it's a licensed set it's unlikely we will actually be able to purchase most of them off PAB unless they get recolored or reused for non-licensed sets.  Like those decorative Owl tiles will most likely never be offered on PAB.  The Dwarf hats are a bit more generic so there is some hope there.  We never did get James Potter's Dark Blue Winter Scarf from the Harry Potter CMF on PAB but did in other colors. 

Yeah, all the printed elements are likely IP-locked, since they're specifically based on backgrounds, props, or character designs from the film. No telling whether LEGO will make the dwarf hats available on PAB in all these specific colors, since their reasoning for what parts they do or don't restrict on PAB can be kinda esoteric. But fortunately we know that none of the molds themselves are IP-locked, so they all stand a good chance of continuing to appear in non-Disney sets in the future:

• Happy, Bashful, and Doc use the same hat as the Minifigures Series 4 Lawn Gnome
  • Sleepy, Grumpy, and Sneezy use the same hat as the farmer child from 10332 (Sleepy even uses it in the same color!)
  • Dopey uses the same hat as the Minifigures Series 11 Holiday Elf (and a bunch of other elf figures in the years since)

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Those great pieces had gone unnoticed to me. Thanks! Now I will have them in my sights :classic:

Sadly they are not likely to show up at Pick a brick, and will also be expensive on Bricklink. However I have hope that they reuse them in more Sets, especially smaller ones.

Are the wooden doors from the Mario reveal new? Don't recall them at all. Could fit very well for a castle

New thick 1x4x10 castle door with curved top revealed in two new Super Mario sets. I have a strong hunch these will appear in the new HP Hogwarts Castle set as well:
LEGO_71436_alt3.jpg