Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

11 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

According to @Bob De Quatre's review of the Heartlake City School set, the shield pieces that are used (with stickers) for the tragedy and comedy masks in the drama room are glow-in-the-dark! Certainly not a traditional color for shields, but could lend itself to some interesting uses. If nothing else they could make for interesting armaments for the classic glow-in-the-dark ghosts!

Or Nearly Headless Nick.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

According to @Bob De Quatre's review of the Heartlake City School set, the shield pieces that are used (with stickers) for the tragedy and comedy masks in the drama room are glow-in-the-dark! Certainly not a traditional color for shields, but could lend itself to some interesting uses. If nothing else they could make for interesting armaments for the classic glow-in-the-dark ghosts!

That is interesting will have to look into that.  Could be useful with my ghost and ghoul warriors.  Thanks.  

A good number of new parts to discuss, between recently released set inventories and newly announced sets.

In recently released sets, the Wizard Chess set has three kinds of helmets and two kinds of swords in both white and black. Two of the other Harry Potter sets also have unprinted Reddish Brown triangular shields. The Heartlake City School set from Friends also has the 1x2x2 arched window frame in Reddish Brown, used for the base of an easel.

In newly announced sets, there's all sorts of things to discuss. The new Frozen Ice Castle set has no shortage of icy parts for fantasy builders, including new 2x2x5 (I think) diagonal wall panels in Trans. Light Blue—in solid colors I expect that could potentially become a new standard type of wall panel for castle sets. It also includes the hourglass mold from the 2016 Elves set, recolored to a more realistic transparent with tan "sand". There's another Disney Princess stable set that also features the stable doors in what looks like Medium Nougat—this is the second realistic "wood" color for that part after the Dark Brown ones we'd previously seen in the upcoming Harry Potter bathroom set.

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

A good number of new parts to discuss, between recently released set inventories and newly announced sets.

In recently released sets, the Wizard Chess set has three kinds of helmets and two kinds of swords in both white and black. Two of the other Harry Potter sets also have unprinted Reddish Brown triangular shields. The Heartlake City School set from Friends also has the 1x2x2 arched window frame in Reddish Brown, used for the base of an easel.

In newly announced sets, there's all sorts of things to discuss. The new Frozen Ice Castle set has no shortage of icy parts for fantasy builders, including new 2x2x5 (I think) diagonal wall panels in Trans. Light Blue—in solid colors I expect that could potentially become a new standard type of wall panel for castle sets. It also includes the hourglass mold from the 2016 Elves set, recolored to a more realistic transparent with tan "sand". There's another Disney Princess stable set that also features the stable doors in what looks like Medium Nougat—this is the second realistic "wood" color for that part after the Dark Brown ones we'd previously seen in the upcoming Harry Potter bathroom set.

Yeah I ordered some of the harry potter chess stuff.  I'm just waiting for the great helms to go on sale now.  I got a lot of the new animals.  Also waiting on those ninjago villains to become available too.  

On 4/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, Alexandrina said:

I definitely hope so. Shops in the UK are due to open on the 12th, presuming there's not another spike in the meantime, so I might try and get to the Lego store in either Bristol or Cardiff and see if they have any kicking about.

Did you ever manage to track this part down? I tried my local (Bluewater) and couldn't see it. 

On 6/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, Seaber said:

Did you ever manage to track this part down? I tried my local (Bluewater) and couldn't see it. 

I actually did! I popped down to Bristol a couple of weeks back, and their BAM station was made up of about a dozen different premade minifigures (legs, torso, head, hair/hat and one accessory) which an employee had to handle - but as luck would have it, one of those premade figures included the torso I was after, and the skirt to go with it. I did end up with a magic wand I didn't particularly need, but it was a worthy trade-off imo.

The fact that Bristol had it means it's probably still in production, so I imagine it will appear in more places once BAM returns to normal.

11 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I actually did! I popped down to Bristol a couple of weeks back, and their BAM station was made up of about a dozen different premade minifigures (legs, torso, head, hair/hat and one accessory) which an employee had to handle - but as luck would have it, one of those premade figures included the torso I was after, and the skirt to go with it. I did end up with a magic wand I didn't particularly need, but it was a worthy trade-off imo.

The fact that Bristol had it means it's probably still in production, so I imagine it will appear in more places once BAM returns to normal.

Ah nice one. Bluewater has that set up too, but all they have atm is nurse, chef, business man etc, no castle stuff at all. Hopefully it'll be back to normal soon and I can get one of those lovely torsos :wub:

Does anyone know where this torso comes from?  Part number or set?  Looks good for medieval setting.

Thanks!

096EA79E-34B4-48FA-8B16-48A923FB8BE6.jpeg

50 minutes ago, INTENSS said:

Does anyone know where this torso comes from?  Part number or set?  Looks good for medieval setting.

Thanks!

It's from the Dino theme from 2012 - specifically, set 5884 Raptor Chase.

And yes, it does look great for medieval minifigs!

2 hours ago, Ardelon said:

It's from the Dino theme from 2012 - specifically, set 5884 Raptor Chase.

And yes, it does look great for medieval minifigs!

Fantastic -thank you!  

Will need to go find a few on BL now…

Not exactly new , or historical parts, but DOTS actually has a bunch of 1x2 and 1x4 white bricks that multiple bricks tall, might be useful for some easier white builds like smaller pirate forts to fill in areas.

Edited by TeriXeri

This new Spider-Man set might be of interest to historic builders. It has a decent selection of historic-compatible parts (including a gold sextant, a candelabra, and the new hourglass with tan sand, which is only currently available in the massive Frozen Ice Castle set). Dr. Strange has a new molded cape, too.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:55 PM, Lyichir said:

This new Spider-Man set might be of interest to historic builders. It has a decent selection of historic-compatible parts (including a gold sextant, a candelabra, and the new hourglass with tan sand, which is only currently available in the massive Frozen Ice Castle set). Dr. Strange has a new molded cape, too.

The new cape is great. I hope that LEGO does it in other colours.

The candelabra is already available in the Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets set as well as through Bricks & Pieces.

The cape is interesting, a throwback but massive improvement over the old plastic capes. A few custom companies do something similar. They should last longer than the fabric ones, especially for minifigs in kids' playsets. 

Just a heads up for anyone looking for the new sheep mould from set 10775 (Disney Mickey & Donald’s Farm), I bought some on back order today and was told they’ll be back in stock on the 11th.  I paid less for a dozen than that set costs.

Interesting thx, will see if that happens in europe aswell.

As a sidenote, was thinking of moccing the lions from the city wildlife sets as mounts for my fantasy army. Trouble having inspiration to make a saddle for it, any input or links for some thoughts are much appreciated

A few recent parts available from B&P and that I find interesting for medieval & fantasy builds :

51416961746_974dc75502_c.jpg

Those parts are mainly from july and august 2021. I'm not that thrilled by the new september sets - not many things for fantasy: the Mandalorian armorer, maybe some printed parts from the HP calendar (such as the Leaky Cauldron flag), and the odd lavender head from Bro Thor's set...but, of course, none of them are available on B&P. We'll see what will be available tomorrow from the Hogwarts icon set!

PS : and I'm still waiting for the sheep to show up on B&P too...   

Edited by Aurore

On 9/1/2021 at 6:00 AM, Aurore said:

A few recent parts available from B&P and that I find interesting for medieval & fantasy builds :

Those parts are mainly from july and august 2021. I'm not that thrilled by the new september sets - not many things for fantasy: the Mandalorian armorer, maybe some printed parts from the HP calendar (such as the Leaky Cauldron flag), and the odd lavender head from Bro Thor's set...but, of course, none of them are available on B&P. We'll see what will be available tomorrow from the Hogwarts icon set!

Yeah those look like some great parts! After diligently checking the US B&P I was able to order a flock of sheep and some of the white masonry bricks, though both were sold out again the next time I checked.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, Aurore said:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling to find sheep back in stock on B&P. I have been checking very regularly but they are always sold out it seems.

Do you remember what set that white hairpiece is from, it looks interesting. I already picked up a couple of those dark brown doors too (set 76386), was thinking of using them for my stables in the future!

@Frike The white hairpiece is from Monkie Kid "Bone Demon" set (80028). I'm also glad they made the stable doors in more subdued colours than the original pink and lavenders! 

Woohoo, Madam Pomfrey has been announced by Promobricks in one of the 2022 Harry Potter sets! We'll most probably get a new headdress that would be perfect for female medieval minifigs. :excited:

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Woohoo, Madam Pomfrey has been announced by Promobricks in one of the 2022 Harry Potter sets! We'll most probably get a new headdress that would be perfect for female medieval minifigs. :excited:

I had no clue who this character was.  Looked her up, very excited for the minifigure for castle.

@Aurore I just found sheep on B&P back in stock for the first time!! I did add pieces to other projects but I got so excited that I forgot about that white hairpiece.

@Frike That's great! So glad for you! The sheep still don't show up as available on B&P here in France, but that means they may be coming soon! :excited:

Wait, what...?? I was casually browsing my insta feed when I stumbled upon the mention of a Creator Expert Creator 3 in 1 Viking Ship for 2022 on promobricks! I don't read german well enough to assess precisely where it stands on a scale from rumor to official fact though - somewhere inbetween as far as I can understand. Ideas or more info, anyone? :moar:

Edited by Aurore
Thanks icm!