LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

To be honest it's not an absolute and they do say it could take longer, but at this they could just up the wait times.  Sorry to hear that your order was messed up at customs.  

36 minutes ago, eldiano said:

In my experience, it wasn't YOUR shipment but it was the shipment your order came with, when I pestered lego customer service reps inquiring about the delays they mentioned that customs was holding their orders that came in the containers.  It's quite interesting how US customs is all of a sudden involved with action figures and toys. There's a time window where if your package has not arrived they legit WILL create a new order number and put you back in the line in waiting for the same parts you already ordered, this happened to me. 

And I get that these things happen. But I feel that they should be more up front about wait times. Rare has been the time I've gotten an order in under 3 weeks. It's happened, but it's not normal. And I'm okay with waiting, just give it to me straight. I wait 8 months for LUGBulk. I can wait 2 months or more for PAB. Just tell me that's what's going to happen. 

I. Hope a Ninjago baby dragon would show up on PAB eventually. I am not interested in buying some medium/large sets. 

Oh,  I have a quesiton. Are the bony weapons from Ninjago available in PAB?

42 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Oh,  I have a quesiton. Are the bony weapons from Ninjago available in PAB?

Yes they are. 2186

how long does it typically take for new sets inventories to release? specifcally interested in ninjago stuff

also do the figures ever become available for purchase? i seem to remember getting some from master of the mountain a few years back but could be remembering wrong

44 minutes ago, Surge said:

how long does it typically take for new sets inventories to release? specifcally interested in ninjago stuff

also do the figures ever become available for purchase? i seem to remember getting some from master of the mountain a few years back but could be remembering wrong

Lego has been changing the system constantly. But they stated it should take 3-4 months on average for new parts to be listed after their initial release in sets.

Figure parts are often available for non-licensed themes. But it's never a guarantee. 

On 6/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Yes they are. 2186

Thank you so much!! :)

So, what are we thinking about the purple helmet and air tanks from 80111? I have a bunch of parts sitting in my cart just waiting for those two to release before I actually submit the order. Are they ever going to show up on B&P or do I need to suck it up and pay the exorbitant Bricklink prices?

25 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Are they ever going to show up on B&P or do I need to suck it up and pay the exorbitant Bricklink prices?

I think they'll show up eventually. The fact that none of the prints and recolours exclusive to 80111 are there means they simply haven't listed anything unique from that set yet. Sure they make arbitrary decisions all the time, but it would be very weird if they suddenly started excluding parts from Lunar New Year sets from PaB, as there's no argument that random recoloured parts (like the cloud piece in cool yellow for instance) is licensed or something like that.

I thought I sort of had the PAB pricing figured out somewhat.  Dual mould seemed to be 3-4x price of plain pieces & printed pieces 2-5x price of plain pieces on average with printed pieces normally less than dual molded similar pieces.  And special molds have no rhyme or reason I can see since baby animals can often cost more than adult size counterparts.  I'd been waiting for the January parts to be released because there are a lot of sets I just want a couple of parts from so not about to just go out and buy every set.  Was shocked when I saw the price for the Penguin head from the Slushy Van so I figured it was dual molded which would account for the ridiculous price of $5.52 US.   Was shocked when I finally built the set last night to see it is just painted.  I did get the set on sale for 25% off at least so figured it was worth it rather than paying the price they were asking just for the head piece.  But I give up on trying to figure out how they price anything now.

That’s how I feel with the Jurassic Park sets, especially the 30th anniversary ones, were paying for the dinosaurs more than the actual sets to be honest.  

21 minutes ago, karrit said:

I thought I sort of had the PAB pricing figured out somewhat.  Dual mould seemed to be 3-4x price of plain pieces & printed pieces 2-5x price of plain pieces on average with printed pieces normally less than dual molded similar pieces.  And special molds have no rhyme or reason I can see since baby animals can often cost more than adult size counterparts.  I'd been waiting for the January parts to be released because there are a lot of sets I just want a couple of parts from so not about to just go out and buy every set.  Was shocked when I saw the price for the Penguin head from the Slushy Van so I figured it was dual molded which would account for the ridiculous price of $5.52 US.   Was shocked when I finally built the set last night to see it is just painted.  I did get the set on sale for 25% off at least so figured it was worth it rather than paying the price they were asking just for the head piece.  But I give up on trying to figure out how they price anything now.

They could also just price things based on expected demand or what the market will tolerate. Especially if they are trying to push people towards buying the sets. The corn piece for $5 was crazy, but then, so was the price of the set, until it finally got discounted to about half price, which was far more reasonable.

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

They could also just price things based on expected demand or what the market will tolerate. Especially if they are trying to push people towards buying the sets. The corn piece for $5 was crazy, but then, so was the price of the set, until it finally got discounted to about half price, which was far more reasonable.

The corn piece smell of goat, something wrong with that I think. The crazy PAB price, even sold out with that and did not return. The sets had only half a year on shelf's, with such a great part it should normally be in several sets this year, but it is gone it seems :sceptic:

The corn piece is LEGO being LEGO. They didn't even include it in the Friends Grocery Store.

I finally got the new forestmen hats today. They're noticeably different from the last version. The new one is much more opaque. The difference is quite obvious when you hold them in front of a flashlight. The new one is a bit darker and I think it uses a different plastic. I'm guessing that the previous version was polycarbonate and the new one is ABS, but I'm not sure. The new one has a bit of brush texture from the mold. The previous version was more polished. The last version had a very pronounced tube for the feather hole. The new one runs into the side of the hat, so it's a bit of a cross between the original 1990 version and the last version. The anti-stud on the 1990 version was a circle and the last one was a rounded square. The latest version is much more rounded. It's not a perfect circle, but it's not a square like the previous version. The last difference I noticed is the pip mark. The last version had a pretty unsightly pip mark and the new one is almost nonexistent.

This new version is a pretty good improvement over the 2.0 version that originated from the Chinese minifigures and it's priced a bit lower. The texture is a bit unsightly though, so I could see people preferring either one. It's a bit of a toss-up for me, but I appreciate the higher quality plastic on the new one and the absence of that gigantic pip mark. I'll probably replace my old ones with this new mold.

Edit: I just noticed one more difference. The hole in the feather tube on the last version was a circle. It's actually squareish on the new one. It could be that it holds the feathers better. We'll see.

Edit 2: I just compared how well each one holds the feather. The new one has more friction than the previous version, so I think it will hold the plumes in better.

Edited by jodawill

2 hours ago, jodawill said:

I finally got the new forestmen hats today. They're noticeably different from the last version. The new one is much more opaque. The difference is quite obvious when you hold them in front of a flashlight. The new one is a bit darker and I think it uses a different plastic. I'm guessing that the previous version was polycarbonate and the new one is ABS, but I'm not sure. The new one has a bit of brush texture from the mold. The previous version was more polished. The last version had a very pronounced tube for the feather hole. The new one runs into the side of the hat, so it's a bit of a cross between the original 1990 version and the last version. The anti-stud on the 1990 version was a circle and the last one was a rounded square. The latest version is much more rounded. It's not a perfect circle, but it's not a square like the previous version. The last difference I noticed is the pip mark. The last version had a pretty unsightly pip mark and the new one is almost nonexistent.

This new version is a pretty good improvement over the 2.0 version that originated from the Chinese minifigures and it's priced a bit lower. The texture is a bit unsightly though, so I could see people preferring either one. It's a bit of a toss-up for me, but I appreciate the higher quality plastic on the new one and the absence of that gigantic pip mark. I'll probably replace my old ones with this new mold.

Edit: I just noticed one more difference. The hole in the feather tube on the last version was a circle. It's actually squareish on the new one. It could be that it holds the feathers better. We'll see.

Edit 2: I just compared how well each one holds the feather. The new one has more friction than the previous version, so I think it will hold the plumes in better.

Do you have any picture of them you can post so it easier to compare?

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Do you have any picture of them you can post so it easier to compare?

I have to apologize because my photography skills are sorely lacking and I don't have a macro lens, or even a tripod to hold the camera steady. This is about the best I was able to do. I don't think these images really capture the color difference or the brush texture very well, but you can see some of the differences here.

https://imgur.com/a/mV3Exd5

Edited by jodawill

22 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I have to apologize because my photography skills are sorely lacking and I don't have a macro lens, or even a tripod to hold the camera steady. This is about the best I was able to do. I don't think these images really capture the color difference or the brush texture very well, but you can see some of the differences here.

https://imgur.com/a/mV3Exd5

A few new parts showed up this weekend, mainly from the recent Botanic sets. Including the magenta and purple pirate hats!

On 6/9/2023 at 7:02 AM, MKJoshA said:

Blacktron torso is in stock for me:

Appearantly not any more.

It's funny that last month Lego listed these under a new ID, and removed the old versions.

I got them and they are exactly the same, with a tiny support added in the middle inside. But right now you can only buy the right of the new mould, and the left of the old mould.

6465737.jpg

It's weird, but the green hunter's hat is still not listed in Germany - even not OOS.

Edited by The Reader
typo

Typical when they add new parts.  Stuff keeps disappearing from my cart and then showing up as available again.  Trying to decide if I should just go ahead & order what's in stock now & then eventually place another order or two or three as stuff reappears.

Received an order yesterday.

640x853.jpg

Exactly 5 months to the day after I first ordered them my Lion Knights have finally arrived! From when I first hit "buy" on Jan 20th Lego delayed shipping the order for over 3 months, I moved from the US to France, had to re-place the order because of the move, it got rejected at customs and returned, and I finally placed the order a 3rd time before it arrived in my hands. Not all Lego's fault, but frustrating still the same. Was it worth it? Maybe not. Am I happy to finally have my order? Yes. Yes I am.