LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

1 hour ago, Canticleer blues said:

While looking through some of the new pieces on PaB, I found some that I couldn't identify. They don't have images on the site, and their numbers don't seem to match any entries on Brickset or Bricklink. Here's the info from the site:

"Mini Hair W. Crown" 6359858/75872 (Sand Green)

"Mini Wig W/ Hat No. 1" 6407462/86085 (Reddish Brown)

Would anyone be able to identify them?

I noticed them too a few weeks ago and ordered them out of pure curiosity. So, well, at the latest, we'll have the answer in a few months when I will get the order! :laugh:

Just checked in on the U.K. site at available animals -and seem to have been a whole bunch of price changes - in all directions. Brown printed owl has jumped up in price, while the eagle and male lions have gone back down, for example.

16 hours ago, Maple said:

The funny thing is I haven't closed the window of the old site in weeks. Still is functioning, or was yesterday. 

I like how I can look at all the cheap hairpieces, but they aren't listed low to high when I click on it, there are randomly priced ones too.

I wonder what will happen if you try to place an order. And also what happens to prices if the order goes through as they usually charge current prices and not what it says in the order. I used to do the same for the winter close down period, it was possible to open lots of private browser tabs with independent occurrences of B+P in each one, and it was possible to still place orders. But then, the pricing wasn't changed like now.

3 hours ago, teamzissou said:

I THINK the sand green one with crown is Statue of Liberty hairpiece but not certain. No idea about the other 

Could well be the case given that the Statue of Liberty comes in an (apparently canceled) New York skyline type thing.

4 hours ago, Canticleer blues said:

While looking through some of the new pieces on PaB, I found some that I couldn't identify. They don't have images on the site, and their numbers don't seem to match any entries on Brickset or Bricklink. Here's the info from the site:

"Mini Hair W. Crown" 6359858/75872 (Sand Green)

"Mini Wig W/ Hat No. 1" 6407462/86085 (Reddish Brown)

Would anyone be able to identify them?

My best guess for the second is a chef's hat like this one ; but it is just because Promobricks mentions today a new mini-chef for the Lego House

I bought $60 worth of parts, mostly grey 32x32 baseplates through the new BnP yesterday. So I crossed the threshold to get rid of the $7 service fee. But I still got charged $2.95 for shipping. I thought the new BnP was supposed to have the same Free Shipping thresholds as set orders?

33 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I bought $60 worth of parts, mostly grey 32x32 baseplates through the new BnP yesterday. So I crossed the threshold to get rid of the $7 service fee. But I still got charged $2.95 for shipping. I thought the new BnP was supposed to have the same Free Shipping thresholds as set orders?

Yes, I noticed the same. I also was under the same impression. Maybe worth a call to CS.

I'm trying to keep an open mind on this, but the most needed improvement - and you would think the theoretical aim of merging the two services would be to eliminate this kind of confusion. But so far this merger just seems to be cosmetic, unifying everything under one storefront, when there are in effect still 2 separate systems in place. Which IMO is actually more confusing... And don't get me started on losing the new 2022 elements...

I'm still hopeful that this is just the first step, laying the groundwork for a more functional B&P site, but in the meantime I'm afraid we will have to deal with the results of TLG's growing pains

6 hours ago, MAB said:

I wonder what will happen if you try to place an order. And also what happens to prices if the order goes through as they usually charge current prices and not what it says in the order. I used to do the same for the winter close down period, it was possible to open lots of private browser tabs with independent occurrences of B+P in each one, and it was possible to still place orders. But then, the pricing wasn't changed like now.

I don't think it will go through, but I only have one chance. If you copy and past the link it says error.

But I can see the price changes and the fact so so many pieces aren't included. To me this is just LEGO trying to get people not to use the service.

1 minute ago, Themiddlebrick said:

I'm still hopeful that this is just the first step, laying the groundwork for a more functional B&P site, but in the meantime I'm afraid we will have to deal with the results of TLG's growing pains

LEGO has had a website for 25-30 years and have never made it function correctly. During sales it would mess up. It only works now because there are no longer sales and nothing is in stock during holidays.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

That was already the case with the old B&P, but the trick is that you have to have at least one non-B&P item in your cart, even just a minifig blind bag.
So it half counts, but probably only due to poor programming.

1 hour ago, Chiaroscuro said:

https://www.newelementary.com/2022/03/bricks-pieces-joins-pick-brick-new.html?m=1

So no new elements on the new PaB? Kittens, squirrels, all gone? Did you guys in Europe noticed that a month ago? The new system just went live in US yesterday.

Apparently, the removal (from all regions) came with the launch of the US and the rest of the world

I would not worry so much about it - they will come backat sometime. I can imagine some mess in the config data related to this change, such things can happen in IT (but should not).

4 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

I would not worry so much about it - they will come backat sometime. I can imagine some mess in the config data related to this change, such things can happen in IT (but should not).

Well I agree not to worry about it, that is because there is very little we can do about this change (except voice our opinion). According to multiple sources inside and/or close to LEGO this was apparently a very intentional decision, we just don't know why. They could indeed come back, perhaps after a lag time of a certain amount of months, who knows. Only TLG can tell us why they made the decision and so far they have chosen not to. Maybe New Elementary will get an answer as a "recognized fan media".

49 minutes ago, Themiddlebrick said:

Well I agree not to worry about it, that is because there is very little we can do about this change (except voice our opinion). According to multiple sources inside and/or close to LEGO this was apparently a very intentional decision, we just don't know why. They could indeed come back, perhaps after a lag time of a certain amount of months, who knows. Only TLG can tell us why they made the decision and so far they have chosen not to. Maybe New Elementary will get an answer as a "recognized fan media".

one point is that the omission of the new parts will help to decrease the current delay of 6 weeks. Of course we don't know how much new parts are preferred against others but at least for many people here on EB these are preferred. And at some time they want to sell their new parts again - they don't want to keep them.

Anyway also older parts are not visible currently, e.g. 65617 has no parts in other colors available, not only the new one i reddish brown

Edited by Mr Ogel

I placed a small order earlier today. Hours later I returned to research parts and my parts order is STILL THERE waiting for "add to cart." I doubled checked my order conformation . Its the exact same total of the parts I picked and I did receive order confirmation from LEGO. So strange

Also earlier I mentioned constantly being diverted to CAD instead of US. I was exploring parts by LEGO>support>Replacement parts (the old way of buying from Bricks & Pieces). Later when I placed my order I went a different route and didnt have problems which was Shop>Bricks>Pick A Brick

Hopefully that will help someone 

Edited by teamzissou

4 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

https://www.newelementary.com/2022/03/bricks-pieces-joins-pick-brick-new.html?m=1

So no new elements on the new PaB? Kittens, squirrels, all gone? Did you guys in Europe noticed that a month ago? The new system just went live in US yesterday.

No, we were mostly ok until now. The new 2022 elements disappearing is happening to everyone at the same time as far as I’m aware.

I mean there are many alternative compatible brands, selling parts much cheaper and in a larger variety of colours. All those ball joints not colour fixed, many kinds of smooth curved plates, tiles and undersides don't have to consist of 2x2 smooth tiles, as they are the only smooth "underside" elements Lego has except for some technic parts that only look smooth. :pir_laugh2:

I feel stupid though that I didnt make another order. Just looking some days ago all the party I wanted were available and now non of them even show up. Well it's not like I haven't enough Lego at home :pir-laugh:

I at least wish that TLG gives us an honest and transparent reply on what will be the new policy. If they say "nope people stopped buying sets cause they can order all the great stuff for a few cents and our poor factory workers go crazy by putting an insane amount of special orders together" - I would get it. They are a profit oriented company and since I found B&P I barely bought any sets. Not that this will change but a great update would at least be to know a bit better WHEN parts will be available.

2 hours ago, Mr Ogel said:

I would not worry so much about it - they will come backat sometime. 

I'm not worried about it. LEGO has become a horrible mess of a company. Building another $170 set that's missing pieces and had the wrong pieces in the wrong bags. This is the second one in the last month. They don't want my business I will start spending my money on other brands that have similar quality and 1/3 of the price.

You have no idea if LEGO will bring back the pieces people want. They warned this was going to happen in the press release in January. 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I'm not worried about it. LEGO has become a horrible mess of a company. Building another $170 set that's missing pieces and had the wrong pieces in the wrong bags. This is the second one in the last month. They don't want my business I will start spending my money on other brands that have similar quality and 1/3 of the price.

I guess I don't buy or build that many new LEGO sets per year, but I've still never had so much as a single missing or incorrect piece for the last 20 years.

It seems like a smart business decision to withhold new parts from the service for a certain amount of time. As a fan and consumer it's incredibly annoying, but for me I don't feel like I absolutely need all the new stuff immediately as long as I have the option to get it eventually.

It would be great if LEGO was transparent to the point of offering a timeline and sticking to it, like new parts will become available two months after a set's release or something like that.

I agree that I'm okay with a several month delay as long as they do eventually release the parts to us.  It would be really crappy if they decide they will no longer sell specialized parts separately but if they decide to go the route of only selling basic bricks but not anything specialized where would they draw the line.  It seems they want to sell us individual bricks so to me it should be all or nothing with the only exception being what they determine are Licensed parts.  But even there there isn't any consistency.  You can buy the grills for some of the Mickey Mouse vehicles but not the minifig heads or a few other pieces.  Harry Potter some torsos & even some heads but not all.  Ditto for Star Wars. 

I do wish they would place low limits on how many animals and other specialized pieces one can buy upon initial release and slowly raise them over time.

57 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I guess I don't buy or build that many new LEGO sets per year, but I've still never had so much as a single missing or incorrect piece for the last 20 years.

It seems like a smart business decision to withhold new parts from the service for a certain amount of time. As a fan and consumer it's incredibly annoying, but for me I don't feel like I absolutely need all the new stuff immediately as long as I have the option to get it eventually.

It would be great if LEGO was transparent to the point of offering a timeline and sticking to it, like new parts will become available two months after a set's release or something like that.

If you don't build and buy LEGO sets then there isn't any issues to be had. If I don't buy any LEGO then I wouldn't be missing pieces. :pir_tong2:

I didn't have that many issues from like 2005 to 2020. I bought the Disney Train Station, new in bags on eBay. It was missing a mason brick, instead it came with a Dot piece that's not even in the set. Bought the last $150 Rocket Launch Transport, missing the loose 16x16 plate. (Bought some random brick brand and the plate was in it's own box.) Bought the $200 Frozen Castle, the pieces were in the wrong bags. The Gingerbread House was missing two 1x2 plates. The Flower Fruit Mountain is missing two pieces and the 8x16 plates, that was supposed to be loose in the box, was in bag 8, it's needed to build bag 7! (Still building it.)

This is all just the last couple years, most are in the last 6 months. When I went to order the peoples from LEGO they sent me a form letter saying I was ordering too many pieces. Yeah 25 pieces because I didn't want LEGO sending me a piece at a time. Now I'm going to ask for the missing or scratched pieces every month. I've had enough.

It's not like BUYING bricks from LEGO is a free service. They can even increase the prices on the new pieces, stick limits on them, having them on the new service and then admitting that's not going to happen for the new (they will 'try') is silly. There is no reason to deny pieces that were on the old system. If all the other pieces switched over okay, then LEGO is denying us the pieces.

28 minutes ago, Maple said:

If you don't build and buy LEGO sets then there isn't any issues to be had. If I don't buy any LEGO then I wouldn't be missing pieces. :pir_tong2:

I said not many, compared to some people. Around 10-15 sets a year I'd say, and I haven't experienced any issues.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

You have no idea if LEGO will bring back the pieces people want. They warned this was going to happen in the press release in January. 

I buy about 30-40 sets per year, and I had my first ever missing piece last week. Although about 3 days after it was missing I found it in the kitchen.
I have used the missing bricks section quite often though. Mainly due to damaged sticker sets, although I have also had about 5 replaced large transparent pieces and a couple of large black pieces replaced due to scratching. I also had one piece which looked like it had either melted, or didn't have enough plastic in the mold to make the complete piece.

If this is the reason for LEGO to stop selling new parts 

8 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

people stopped buying sets cause they can order all the great stuff for a few cents

I wouldn't expect LEGO to make you know precisely when the pieces will be available or people could simply wait. For the same reason, if this is the case, I don't expect a new piece to be available in the short term.

12 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I mean there are many alternative compatible brands, selling parts much cheaper and in a larger variety of colours. All those ball joints not colour fixed, many kinds of smooth curved plates, tiles and undersides don't have to consist of 2x2 smooth tiles, as they are the only smooth "underside" elements Lego has except for some technic parts that only look smooth. :pir_laugh2:

I know it's not the place (or is it?) but which other brands have shops like Lego's?
I know Cobi has one, but parts are pretty expensive, and AFAIK the colors aren't even compatible.
I've never found a place that was selling any of those special parts (indeed lots of great, chainable slopes, stud inverters & all) individually.

For years I've been buying in China and I'm pretty happy with the quality, but I wouldn't count those as "brands" because they're not branded and you never know who produced the parts. They're also not much cheaper, so I sometimes feel silly for buying clones at Lego prices, except that they buy me months of delays, that's precious enough. If Lego produces a recolor, by the time I'll spot it on promo pictures, it's gonna take like 2 months for the sets to be released, a week (or possibly months again now) for them to be sold, and another month or more for the delivery. Instead of waiting, I've already bought the recolor as a clone and I can use it right away as it's now "proper Lego". And if Lego isn't happy with that, well take my money, but you don't seem to want it. (that being said, I spend so much more in sets than parts, that's why they just don't need to care)

Edited by anothergol