Paperballpark

[MOC] Manchester Brickadilly Station

While I'm not the biggest train fan, the Flying Scotsman has always been a personal favourite of mine. Seeing it crafted so beautifully with such attention to detail is mind-bogglingly awesome. Thank you for sharing! Hopefully next year I can even make it to STEAM to see it myself in person!

Well I didn't expect this to be featured on the front page! :blush: Thanks everyone!

This is the most beautiful way to get rid of excess round curved track that i have ever seen :laugh:!

Believe it or not, I actually had to buy more curved track than I had! I must have been the only AFOL who didn't have enough...

Is it going to Brick in London too?

Yes it will be.

Excellent re: Brick - see you there! Working on Fairy Bricks stall on Friday and will have a wonder around on the Saturday.

Are you planning more scenery etc, or is the project done now the station is complete?

I saw this model at the show on Saturday morning, it really is even more impressive in real life.

I'll get around to posting my pictures from the show at some point.

OH WOW!!! I'm not sure which is more impressive, the scale or the detail. It is a fantastic station and I bet it was one of the focal points of your layout. Excellent work!

Excellent work. Magnificent views and scale. Now I understand where you can use an excess of the curved rails. The idea of their use is not new. But the best implementation I've never seen.

Once again, stunning, and it's not in size, but in quality and attention in the performance of his plan.

zheleznodorozhnyi-vokzal_14657.jpg

Like others have said, it's definitely a cut above!!!

Well done and keep making awesome layouts like this!!!

This an extra large station. The scale is really impressive, and the roof is probably the most distingusihed part of it. The use of the rails as a support for the roof is really good. Well done.

I remember seeing this at GWBS, and I'm as impressed now as I was then! It's quite breathtaking in real life, your pictures do not do it justice! :wub:

Believe it or not, I actually had to buy more curved track than I had! I must have been the only AFOL who didn't have enough...

But it was a good way for me to get rid of my excess curved track. :classic:

Amazing job!

My grandfather would have loved this. He was an engineer on the Flying Scotsman for decades and was especially fond of the A3 incarnation of the engine.

The scale and detail of the station are just wonderful, wish I could see this in person.

The size is simply incredible! :wub: I'm in love with the roof, it's really well put together.

Are you planning more scenery etc, or is the project done now the station is complete?

I'm going to finish the back of the station so that it's like the front, with the towers etc. That will be it though, as it's already large enough! The scenery was simply because I happened to have 42 green baseplates - I'm not intending to buy even more.

What I do have a lack of though, is passenger trains. I intend to rectify that, and am already working on one to add to the station next year. I'm also going to get the HE motorised, because I'm sick of the main question from kids being "can you run the orange train?" I might even BL a couple of extra coaches for it, given that the station makes it look pretty small.