Sign in to follow this  
jaapxaap

Free build: The Hermit House

Hey all!

Have you guys ever considered to live your life as a hermit? Probably not, but after reading(and watching) this thread you maybe want.. :)

Cause my latest build i just finished is a hermit house, located in Nocturnus, somewhere in the mountains around Kyrrath...

Well, Here are the pics:

21502034762_65b97f9d43.jpg

21326254509_3ea2f4584d.jpg

21521826171_9262ae63e8.jpg

It was pretty fun and challenging to build, and sometimes kinda frustrating :c

It actualy is sturdier than it looks it is....

I hope you enjoy this build, and if you have C&C, feel free to post! I really appreciate feedback!

Have a nice day!

Jaapxaap

P.s. If you want to see it in real life, This and other builds will be shown at LegoWorld 2015, in the Netherlands! If you visit please have a talk with me :)

Edited by jaapxaap

Clearly the HOA in Kyrrath area's most important function is enforcing the purple roof requirements! :grin: One of these days I'm going do one of those net & tile roofs. They're awesome.

More seriously, while I appreciate the texture contrast due to the studs of the timbering, I can't help but think 1x tiles would have been better here.

Keep 'em coming Jaapxaap :thumbup:

The region of Kyrrath-known for it's purple (government enforced) buildings and it's lovely architecture haha!

Very nice! The purple looks great as usual, and the angles are impressive. I don't think the tan works all that well in the landscape, though. I think it has too much contrast with the dark purple; some darker color (probably brown, or maybe dark tan) would probably work better and fit the overall style of the MOC.