Sign in to follow this  
Jorrith

Husbandry Challenge: If you pay peanuts...

Farmer Lars: HEY YOU! GET BACK HERE!

So many things were racing trough young Donar's mind, how he abandoned his aprenticeship with an enchanter stealing his spellbook, how he eventually got into nocturnus bluffing his way into people believing he is a wizzard, and how things could have gone so wrong for him... Wishing for a meal and some coin, and probably ending up to be one..

​Donar: I'm sorry sir! But i'd rather live!

20763581454_da3dc14c87_c.jpgDSC00515 by J H, on Flickr

Stealing an enchanter's spell book is one thing, but some spells should never be used by those who don't know the power. This unfortunate soul has bitten off more than he could bargain with. With the current unrest in historica, the village lords of nocturnus had to enforce tax on the enchanting of pumpkins. What once was just rewarded with a simple meal, must now be paid with gold. Farmers are tempted to choose a cheaper alternative to paying the village lord's wizzard for his services, and things happen....

I never should have taken in this hack! Farmer Lars thought... But the damage has been done, a montrous pumpkin is plowing his field, hunting for flesh. All because of a spellbook that was stolen and wielded by someone that shouldnt...

21199360989_fe4c2f9ff9_c.jpgDSC00518 by J H, on Flickr

20763561564_2dc84a6ebb_c.jpgDSC00526 by J H, on Flickr

21375427122_4fcedd9ea0_c.jpgDSC00531 by J H, on Flickr

21375421302_ddf455d7ef_c.jpgDSC00534 by J H, on Flickr

More pics on my Flickr

OOC: Hi there! I hope you like my entry for the husbandry challenge, it is based on two things that stuck in my mind: In Nocturnus food eats you! (Lord Vladivus said that) and when the new scooby doo sets came out, i had to do something based on A day on the farm by MassEditor... Those new pumpkin heads were just the thing for this idea... I like to put an evil twist to things, and someone hoping for food, and in the end turning out to probably be it, is just the thing for nocturnus! Also i wanted to make this entry humorous, the dark lands are not, so i'd wanted to incorporate a funny note to the build. Also i have been building with few colors in previous builds, and i've tried to improve on that aswell.

Well i hope you like it, it has been a fun build with a few personal challenges, and it turned out ok i guess. Not 100% sathisfied with the cottage's roof, but the deadline is due so here it is.

Thanks for viewing, and C&C Welcomed!

Cool Build! I like your pumpkin feld and also the plants next to the house!

Edited by Petric_G

Very nice build and congratulations to Nocturnus for getting the quintessential Nocturnian piece :wink:

Awesome! I nearly bought the Scooby Doo set today for that very piece- seeing it here is making me regret the decision not to!

Excellent use of the plant guy's head! Great pumpkin patch too! Wouldn't want to be that intruder!

Thanks guys! It has been quite the build, the cottage turned out bigger than i've hoped so i had to make my base a little bigger than i was initially aiming for... But without it would just be a field and it was a good chance to practice some new techniques. :laugh: Also nearing completion i've realised i had to little orange 1x1 round plates, and plant leaves, so i've bricklinked some more just a week before the deadline hoping the seller would ship fast. He did. :classic: The purple roof was definatly something i wanted to try, nice to see Lord Vladivus has also chosen for purple roofing, this color might be the next hot thing to the new pumpkin heads for nocturnus indeed!

Great build! Original story, very Nocty atmosphere, great execution of your ideas :thumbup: Some criticism: it bears quite much resemblance to the build that inspired you for this build, though I like yours better. Wh

After an objective observation (before reading the story), I thought this to be yet another take on the 'farm'-concept. Objectively, I think it's not a original entry, but with the back story taken into account, I think you gave it a nice, original twist.

Oh, and eh... Hail Nocturnus! :grin:

Top-notch Nocturnus cottage and pumpkin field :thumbup: The mottled stonework and purple roof are excellent, and I like that you angled the house in the landscape.

It's good to see a build showing off Nocturnus' famed pumpkins :laugh:

Wow ! Great build ! What a good cottage! I love this building design ! I am not a guild member but such kind of build is attracting me...

Very nice build Jorrith, excellent pumpkin patch, and great house and purple roof as well! :wink::thumbup: Neat touches with the carnivorous plants and the tree, and the apprentice running away is quite appropriate! :laugh::grin:

Great looking cottage, Jorrith - and the landscaping is very good too!

My favourite part is (apart from the story :tongue: ) the path left after that angry pumpkin! :wink:

The whole thing gives a twisted farmer maggot vibe :laugh: