Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

A supercar as flagship has to be RC, which means that only one of the volvo excavator, the 4wd tractor, or the bucket wheel excavator will be motorized since only two sets/year is motorized.

If the supercar was a licensed set then it would had said i.e "Ferrari" or "Lamborghini" (or whatever it would be) instead of just "ultimate supercar"

So with that in mind, isnt a bit strange that we got 2 licensed sets and none of them is the flagship? we should take this leaked list with a little bit grain of salt... time will tell!

Edited by GoldVillage

The supercar does not have to be RC or even motorised (though it probably will be), we don't know it it is the flagship or if we have the names of any 2H sets yet (do we?), and I don't think they are forced to release exactly 2 motorised sets per year, could be 1, could be 3 I suppose.

Edited by allanp

As I said, I only briefly saw a model, and there have obviously been many changes since then. But it was around 1:8 scale, and seemed to have some sorts of power functions

What colour was? Do you remember some of the shapes?

1:8th scale means it's most likely going to be an F1 car. Think about it. The only 1:8 scale cars from TLC have been F1 cars I don't really see TLG making a 1:8 super car because the complexity/ part count is likely going to be too high....

1:8th scale means it's most likely going to be an F1 car. Think about it. The only 1:8 scale cars from TLC have been F1 cars I don't really see TLG making a 1:8 super car because the complexity/ part count is likely going to be too high....

How can someone judge scale just like that by looking on a tiny pic? my 2 cents is that it gonna be a RC Lamborghini look alike car, thats where the "LP" comes in ;) with a remote controlled gear shifting system and openable doors.

Yes, Lego made only F1 as 1:8 car... But I don't think that it will be F1... In street car they can put more functions as in F1...

Lime color would not be bad... or white... but no red car please... !!!

It could be Huracan because it's new and maybe Lamborghini want to make also promotion...

Lamborghini-Huracan-at-2014-Beijing-Auto-Show-front-three-quarter.jpg

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

How can someone judge scale just like that by looking on a tiny pic? my 2 cents is that it gonna be a RC Lamborghini look alike car, thats where the "LP" comes in ;) with a remote controlled gear shifting system and openable doors.

I thought it was IP, not LP. IP would mean intellectual property so that makes sense.

And you sure do seem like dreamer :tongue: I seriously doubt we'll ever see TLC making an RC car with a remote controlled gearbox and doors. These days we don't get proper gearboxes even in manual models. :laugh:

^Max, lime would actually be great. I agree, anything but red would make me happy.

Edited by sm1995

It can aslo be one of it's deadly rivals, the 488GTB

c252d625e82f4a7aad671bffe9da81e1.jpg

...or it's cousin, the Audi R8

676ca45228ef400eba66377233efe525.jpg

I want pink and purple and violet beams and panels... please)

Yeah!! We need purple on Technic!!!!!!!

I thought it was IP, not LP. IP would mean intellectual property so that makes sense.

And you sure do seem like dreamer :tongue: I seriously doubt we'll ever see TLC making an RC car with a remote controlled gearbox and doors. These days we don't get proper gearboxes even in manual models. :laugh:

^Max, lime would actually be great. I agree, anything but red would make me happy.

My bad, could been "i p" as well! however remote controlled gears and doors are easy to do... just use servos ;)

A supercar as flagship has to be RC, which means that only one of the volvo excavator, the 4wd tractor, or the bucket wheel excavator will be motorized since only two sets/year is motorized.

If the supercar was a licensed set then it would had said i.e "Ferrari" or "Lamborghini" (or whatever it would be) instead of just "ultimate supercar"

So with that in mind, isnt a bit strange that we got 2 licensed sets and none of them is the flagship? we should take this leaked list with a little bit grain of salt... time will tell!

What's the cycle when it comes releasing RC models from TLG?

8043 - 2010

9398 - 2012

42030 - 2014

oops, I answered the question myself :blush:

RC it is next year..

If that Ultimate IP Car turns out to be the flagship and RC-ed, at the moment I can't see how it will be different from the Super Car 8070. I think all the RC functions a car can have are those 6: steer, drive, and the 4 functions of the 8070. So it doesn't seem to be much of a difference. Well unless there are some more RC functions for a car that I haven't thought of yet.

If that Ultimate IP Car turns out to be the flagship and RC-ed, at the moment I can't see how it will be different from the Super Car 8070. I think all the RC functions a car can have are those 6: steer, drive, and the 4 functions of the 8070. So it doesn't seem to be much of a difference. Well unless there are some more RC functions for a car that I haven't thought of yet.

It can turn into a mecha ;-)

Ultimate Intellectual Property Car ?, wow this got to be licensed set then. and probably flagship RC.

but seeing theres already volvo in the list, could 2016 be the year where lego technic could have 2 licensed sets ?

I'm gonna buy both of them either way :D

Edited by Waterkamp

The B-model of the CLAAS could be a CLAAS Scorpion.

30c287979302486bab6f78fefa6a8e50.jpg

Ultimate Intellectual Property Car ?, wow this got to be licensed set then. and probably flagship RC.

but seeing theres already volvo in the list, could 2016 be the year where lego technic could have 2 licensed sets ?

I'm gonna buy both of them either way :D

In fact, there is aslo the CLAAS Xerion, so this could be the first year with 3! licensed technic sets!!!! (CLAAS, Volvo, UipC)

Until now (excluding SW) there has been 3 licensed sets (Unimog, Volvo front loader and Arocs, so this could be the year where the number duplicates!

I have bad feeling that IP Car will be Mercedes... :D :D :D

They can continue in cooperation after Arocs and Unimog... :)

Maybe convertible would not be bad... +1 function... :) Mercedes-Benz S Cabrio is coming now... :) ...and silver panels? :P

00_55d1072137712.jpg

mercedes-benz-s-500-cabriolet-by-evren-milano-76694_1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-S-class-cabriolet-placement-626x382.jpg

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

That volvo car will be delicious :wub: .Can wait how ultimate ip car turn out.

Nice to see all the great car suggestions, but let's not turn this topic in a super car wish list :tongue:

I dont want a car: I WANT A TANK! with drive, turret rotation, lifting barrel, and a $50 price tag :laugh::grin: not going to happen because Lego does not do weapons. :angry: