Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Hypothesis time on! It lego remade the 19L flex axle in black why not remake the 3# red connector everyone wants? Hypothesis time off.

In the meantime I think I might want to get the stunt plane or the hydroplane racer...... Or both :grin:

You know who designed the helicopter? Milan Reindl/Grohl's LEGO. He knew how much we needed that axle!

You know who designed the helicopter? Milan Reindl/Grohl's LEGO. He knew how much we needed that axle!

Than he knows how much we need that 3# red connector!

I have two of those connectors....

Starting price 1€ :tongue:

Seriously though they will come back again sooner or later.

Am I the only one upset over the color vomit of axles? First we had just black. Then came light grey. Now we have red, black, light and dark grey, yellow, tan, orange. I'm sure I'm missing a couple. Looks like I better hit brick link for all the black and grey axles before they disappear.

Pressure valve about to blow!

Colour vomit SSSSUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSS! I hope these new colours are just because they are needed in another set later this year and they need to use up the run of parts in other sets. Having odd length axles be grey and the 2M axle red is already pretty bad (it was much better when they was all black) so I really hope this isn't the new norm. They have 1:1 diagrams on every page of the instructions whenever an axle is needed so why colour code them? To make them easier to find? Uh, I'de much rather spend a few seconds longer looking for parts than have the finished model look like a frickin pizza! 8480, the barcode truck and 8448 coloured their axles perfectly. All black except for where it wouldn't look good, in which case they were coloured the same as the main colour of the model (white, green and red respectively). That was perfect and as a child I never had a problem with building them, do that again TLG! At least do it for the larger models built by older kids. And ease up on the gears and pins too. All pins and gears should be either light grey, dark grey or black. No bright red or blue or tan or any of that. Gears, axles and pins show up all over the place and really should be neutral colours. Red, blue, brown and tan are definitely not neutral.

I dont know about you guys, but I am really never a huge fan of the 1H sets. Im not really sure why, but again these sets don't really interest me. Bring on the 2H sets :sweet:

Having odd length axles be grey and the 2M axle red is already pretty bad (it was much better when they was all black) so I really hope this isn't the new norm. They have 1:1 diagrams on every page of the instructions whenever an axle is needed so why colour code them? To make them easier to find? Uh, I'de much rather spend a few seconds longer looking for parts than have the finished model look like a frickin pizza!

I hope you're not thinking of eating that Technic pizza,

:wink:

But I can only agree and hope that the coloured axles are needed for future sets. However these sets may not be Technic - we're seeing more Technic parts in System-based sets, and you could argue that Lego care more about consistent colour schemes in those themes than in Technic.

I'd say that a technic fan will find his way around a problem, the other sets, more suitable for kids need more attention in the deaign fase, so the end user doesn't mess things up and gets a nice set with matching colours :)

You get lots of axles in grey and black, you might find a way to make other colours work, hell, you may need them in these other colours, so put them in a nice little box untill their time comes.

I'd say that a technic fan will find his way around a problem, the other sets, more suitable for kids need more attention in the deaign fase, so the end user doesn't mess things up and gets a nice set with matching colours :)

You get lots of axles in grey and black, you might find a way to make other colours work, hell, you may need them in these other colours, so put them in a nice little box untill their time comes.

Than he knows how much we need that 3# red connector!

which one is it ?

These reviews helped me make up my mind on the 3 largest sets. Go-cart=yes, Dragster=yes, Helicopter=probably not, maybe on sale. Thanks for the reviews Jim! :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

For me the dragster is a definite no, the go kart a very small maybe and the helicopter a maybe.

Still have my hopes on the Volvo and Claas.

I for one hope that black and grey axles don't get phased out. I don't understand why Lego have decided to change the colours - black and grey were just fine. The new axles aren't even warranted by the set designs, so what's happened here?! :wacko:

Also, am I the only one who wants the Mine Loader? :laugh:

I haven't seen the review yet, so I can't tell.

But ay first glance it does not interest me.

And I also think that TLG should stick with the black and grey axles.

Seen it, but no, not for me.

I like go-kart very much - colours, concept and new parts. Also, my first (and for many years only) technic set was go-koart (http://brickset.com/sets/1972-1/Go-Kart).

Helicopter is good for parts, but I dont like its shape that much.

Others, I dont like, because I 'm not really fan of small Technic sets (with some notable exceptions). But, for waht they are, I guess htey look ok.

But what of they are going To change the colors of the axles, it will be a circus of colors in future sets.

But in some places it will look good to have colored axles.

Red axles in a red truck cabin.

Yellow axles in yellow loaders and crane bodies.

Yellow and red are pretty common colors in Technic, so having a few axles of different sizes in those colors may prove very helpful,

My guess is they are not changing axle colors just providing some stock of different sizes in those colors.

I (and probably anyone here) already have more black and grey axles than I will ever need and will be quite happy with a few yellow and red ones.

Not my, could use a truckload off grey and black axles

Luckily they are so plentiful that even if they were to be phased out, I don't think prices would skyrocket anytime soon. You can probably buy them in the hundreds for a low price whenever you get the money :wink::thumbup: