just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

It is a little disappointing mainly the pit. But good minifigures. I like how Lego is giving us hearts in on stickers with Heros pasts loves on them

Haha. Wow. I mean, I had been expecting something rather impressive, but after the first shot of the Ra's al Ghul minifigure I was like okay nah this'll be dreadful.

But now I see it, it's probably not that bad. It's just too...cutesy. I don't know what the right word is, but that's the one that comes to mind. Ra's and Talia both look pretty uninspired though.

I'll just buy talia and ra's separately. Set is subpar, and that pit is just facepalm worthy.

I didn't really expect much from this set, but that pit turned out to be smaller than I thought! Otherwise, it looks pretty decent, but I'm definitely getting Ra's seperately. I've never seen Talia in a red suit anywhere, and she has Wonder Woman's face of all the ones they could have used, and one of the two of Princess Leia's frowning expressions come to mind.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Wow.... Kinda disappointing. I would rather not have the vehicle and instead have a much more detailed Lazarus pit. The whole staircase/castle thing is weird too. What a 'meh' set :(

I'm really disappointed. It looks like a bad barrel escape set from the hobbit line. Talia is the most disappointing minifigure there, really? Wonder woman's face? Very mad

Edited by amazingbricks

Can someone explain to me why Lego can have Talia locking her son in a cage without getting in trouble for encouraging child abuse?

The set and figures with the exception of Ra's are all subpar. Very disappointing.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Ouch. That does not... look good. At the very least they could have enclosed the top of the doors and increased the size of the pit. :laugh: At $30 it's a maybe (I do love tan parts :wub:), at $40 I Bricklink Ra's and Desert Batman.

I don't know what everyone was expecting out of this set... $30ish with 4 minifigures, a vehicle and a build... Of course the Lazarus pit was gonna be comically tiny and undersized. The figures are great, the buggy is aight, and at least the build has some useful elements...

Well... That's a set alright. Honestly, I can barely manage to come up with an opinion either for or against it. If anyone was dying for more LOTR sets I think they'll be pleased. Otherwise it's just a very average set. Just enough new characters to make people happy, just enough old minifigure parts to make people unhappy. Build is interesting, but nothing new or groundbreaking.

The builds for the pit and fortress are both very basic and underwelming but the set does provide a nice selection of parts. The Bat Buggy looks decent though and its nice to finally have Ra's and Talia. I'm glad they went with dark red for Talia's costume since it looks a lot more interesting and distinctive over the black one from the video games.

I like it, but am slightly disappointed in the Lazarus Pit itself. I think it's a great, small set for what will probably be $40. In sick of vehicle centric sets. Buggy aside, it still looks legit.

Personally I love the set :laugh: It's small and goofy but it has some nice details and although simplistic Ra's and Talia are spot on for the animated series. Also the new cape and hood combo on Damian looks great and I don't mind the buggy. For me the batman is the let down of the set.

Wow! That's actually surprisingly good-looking to me. It's a play set (which we're always asking for in Super Heroes), it's more of a cohesive set than the other Summer 2016 DC sets, and it's a better-looking play set than last year's very similar Hydra Fortress Smash 76041. The Lazarus Pit is basically exactly what I assumed it would be, and the rest of the set is better-designed than I was expecting.

The figure selection is a tiny bit disappointing, what with having another Robin and using a made-up, specialized batsuit instead of either Knightmare or shirtless Batman, but didn't we already know that was the case? We're getting Ra's al Ghul in a set, so I'm finding it hard to find major fault with the minifigures either.

That set is great. :classic::thumbup:

It reminds me a bit of Barrel Escape set from the Hobbit.

The buggy is not the best vehicle, but way better than the buggy from 2008. :tongue:

Ooof. Well, the Bat-Buggy is getting scraped for parts here, I really wish the Batman had a tan helmet and cape or brown or something other than black, and what's up with the old helmet style making a resurgence? Ra's looks great, Talia is...there lol. Damian's cape being frayed is cool, but I loathe the new style capes so womp womp. I don't know why everyone's getting so worked up over the Pit, it's Lego - make it bigger! :laugh:

Personally I quite like it! Glad to be getting a new variant of Bats along with 2 new characters in Ra's and Talia! And I like that they've mixed up the Damian we've already got with a good and new cape so I'm more than happy :). Buggy looks cool but I won't have much use for it as I don't have a lot of room to display so it'll either be sold on or broken down and put away in storage. And the pit!! Bit small of course, but like Retrotaco said.. it's Lego... build build build!!!

When it was rumoured the buggy was the main part of the set I didn't expect the rest of it to be huge anyway so yeah, I like! :classic:

Cheers for sharing J2G.

I like the set. The build looks good for such a small set, i even like the dune buggy. The lazarus pit is a bit like the sarlacc pit, that's ok. Talia is pretty generic alas, and i think i would have liked batman more when having a tan mask and cape. Pretty good set imo.

Pit is too small, but I love this set. Don't quite understand all the negativity there, but to each his own I guess.

I had no expectations of the set. It actually looks decent and very reminiscent of the hobbits line. It's a good value set

I must admit for a small set, and the price will be a factor here, I think it's not bad at all. Two new characters and a variation on a favourite (isn't there always?) a seemingly well made vehicle and a nice little environment to round things off.

As much as I'm not overly keen on the Bats variant I think it's quite a good little set.

Is it just me or does Talia look a little like Maria Hill decided to wear a red SHIELD costume on 'Dress Up Friday' while getting Wonder Woman to do her makeup?

Edited by Robianco