Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] When Themes Collide

Brilliantly conceived and executed! Fantastic work in every sense.

It's how I imagine mind flayers, a monster in Dungeons & Dragons, wound up in D&D's realms of fantasy.

A brilliant idea! Both the castle and the spaceship are really well done too, excellent work!

Brilliantly conceived and executed! Fantastic work in every sense.

It's how I imagine mind flayers, a monster in Dungeons & Dragons, wound up in D&D's realms of fantasy.

That's not far off from their canon origin story! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

That's a fantastic, unusual idea to mix 2 distant epochs. Very impressive and well done. What inspired you?

I just think mixing well known themes is fun. About a year ago I saw Chris Roach's LegoTransformers on YouTube.

I thought, Lego + Transformers = fun. Hey, I like fun! I gotta go get some Lego...

The second thing I ever made was a "Theme mashup" The Simpsons + Mecha = Homer Simpson Mecha.

I just think it's funny.

There's loads of steampunk mashup mocs out there too. Like all the steampunk Starwars ships. I like them a lot.

I hadn't tracked the user name, but I just clicked through your flickr and found you made a lot of the MOCs that I've enjoyed seeing lately.

WOW. Just wow. Amazing work.

Of all the great MOCs that can be found all around the internet, this is the one I've been looking at the longest. It's just so imaginative, so well designed and built, and so fun. I love the work on the minifigs as well, they all make the scene alive and hilarious - including of course the poor little guy under the engine.

Great job and thank you for sharing - it made my day

WOW. Just wow. Amazing work.

Of all the great MOCs that can be found all around the internet, this is the one I've been looking at the longest. It's just so imaginative, so well designed and built, and so fun. I love the work on the minifigs as well, they all make the scene alive and hilarious - including of course the poor little guy under the engine.

Great job and thank you for sharing - it made my day

Hey thanks. I'm glad you noticed all the little things I put in there :)