Sign in to follow this  
boomblocks

Best Lego Star Wars Vehicle

Tie between Snowspeeder and Speeder bike. Especially after the Shadows Of The Empire game (N64) Speeder bike level. Super Nostalgic!

This is a Snowspeeder build with a pretty good skit.

Edited by boomblocks

While the Falcon is iconic, my personal favorite is the Slave I.

As this is a Star Wars forum, I feel the need to redirect this conversation towards the best Lego Star Wars vehicle. Title changed accordingly.

I never would have said this about the clunky, flimsy 2006 version, but the 2014 Imperial Star Destroyer is actually a lot of fun to swoosh and has an interior playspace that actually resembles the movie interior sets.

Also fond of my Slave I and Republic Gunship. The ATDP is also quite nice.

Republic Gunship and AT-TE!

We rarely get good upgrades.

These 2 sets were definitively good upgrades!

Edited by duboismerci

Second that, the AT-TE was the first set I bought out of my dark ages, then the Gunship following. If I had to choose other sets that matched the fun and excitement building those two, it'd have to be the Sith Fury Class-Interceptor and AT-AT. Both very well designed and look fantastic.

Edited by TheWolffe

1. UCS B-Wing

2. UCSTantive IV (2001)

These are my two favorite Lego builds. I have not been lucky enough to build the DS 2 or the Falcon but I dont think that it would change my opinion because I just like these two ships...

It has to be the UCS Falcon for me, that is the one I covet. Of the ones I own, the UCS Imperial shuttle, it's so majestic on display and puts a smile on my face.

Second that, the AT-TE was the first set I bought out of my dark ages, then the Gunship following. If I had to choose other sets that matched the fun and excitement building those two, it'd have to be the Sith Fury Class-Interceptor and AT-AT. Both very well designed and look fantastic.

I agree! The gunship and AT-TE were excellent sets compared to the original versions. I thoroughly enjoyed building them and the handles to pick them up. Sadly I don't own the Sith Fury Class-Interceptor. :blush:

I bought a Sith Fury Class Interceptor, intending to build it and eventually use it for parts, but it's just too pretty. It's like 850 pieces, all squeezed into something about the size of a TIE Fighter, so it's a really interesting and detailed build. The way the back "wings" open up is particularly neat.

From what I own, my top four favorite must be (in no particular order): Jabba's Sail Barge (2013 version), UCS Ewok Village, UCS Imperial Shuttle and UCS Slave I.

Although, from the whole theme, I don't know which ones are my top favorite since there are too many sets that have been produced, but from those I don't own some of my favorites are (again, no particular order): Tantive IV (2009 version, I think) and the UCS Y-Wing.

Sith Fury class interceptor was a really interesting build and design, very clever how it went together. It's and great set. Under rated compared to the fan favourites like The AT-AT, Star Destroyer etc..

The SandCrawler, just because its iconic look, the fact it's also kind of a base, and so much interior details that could be inside.

Mines probably a three way Tie between the ISD, UCS slave I and Sandcrawler.

Build wise for me, currently is the AT-DP or UCS slave I. My all time favourite will have to be the 2nd generation turbo tank because I found (Personally, anyway) it had massive potential for modification. I have 2 I've removed and replaced certain things.

There are two that stand out in my mind, one for nostalgia and another for the build quality. The nostalgia award goes to the Landspeeder in the recent Mos Eisley cantina set, its a great little model and takes me back to 1999 when the Star Wars Lego sets were first released with my first set being the original rendition of the speeder. The most recent version is fantastic and really shows just how good Lego have got at translating these vehicles into sets.

My second choice would be the X-wing from a few years back (9493). Its probably the most iconic Star Wars ship and I think the designers really knocked it out of the park with this one. It was my first big Lego set in a while and I was amazed at how the nose of the ship was realised in Lego form, if I remember correctly there are hinges under the hood that create the very "un-Lego" like angles needed. The way the wings can be locked in either position is also fantastic using the rubber bands.

An honorary mention goes to the A-wing from a couple of years ago. The A-wing was always my favourite ship in the Rogue Squadron games and I actually had a Kenner action figure scale toy of it when I was a boy. I got the Lego version of it in a sale primarily to get Admiral Ackbar, but I ended up loving the little ship as well.

The Gunships (LAAT, Droid, Police). They all translate very well into Lego and make nice impressions as models as well as toys.