This is a counter to Kai NRG's build: link

LittleJohn countered Garmadon's build here: link

The design was based off of JKBrickwork's ballista and medieval ballista images. The ballista uses only official LEGO parts. Two twisted 'fishing pole' strings are what gives the ballista its shooting capability.

The Ulander's fiery darts were proving rather devastating, punching a hole in the outer wall of Ras-el-akhen. But with each shot their ballista grew drier and more flammable, until as one of them lit the bolt for the next shot, the ballista burst into flame:

overview.JPG

front.JPG

side.JPG

fire.JPG

Video:

It shoots 18 inches, not counting the distance the bolt slides after it hits the ground :laugh: . Otherwise, about 2 feet.

I put K12 as the location in the title, to mirror Kai's post. I'm not sure if the attack was moved to a different location, as Ska has it listed for H5 in the guerrilla thread.

If you see something out of order per the challenge rules, please let me know.

C&C welcome :classic:

Hah! It really fires. Love the separate terrain pieces. Feels like a wargame setup.

SK, this is brilliant - I like your take on the ballista (And the fact that it works too is just great) and the mirroring of Kai's terrain (in "spots" so to say).

A worthy counter! May the high Council forever prevail - For the Republic!

Ha, fantastic counter! It's very smart how you explained the failing of the ballista. And the shooting function is awesome; also it's JKB's design, it's definitely hard to copy and needs a serious level of technical understatement.

Nice build! The little rock segments that aren't attached to the main base really provide a nice aesthetic.

A nice counter, :thumbup: for actually making it work! Good job on the landscaping as well! :thumbup:

Very cool counter!! Great job with making it work as well!!

For the Republic!

:thumbup:

Nice counter SK, nice work on the ballista, and great job making it work :wink::thumbup:

Clever counter and fantastic ballista design! The landscaping is quite lovely too.