alois

MOC - The church of Saint Leonore

I wanted to built a church as a centerpiece for my town, Blokstad. churches are large compared to normal houses, so I had to find a compromise between realistic domensions and my wallet/available space in my Lego room. I decided to built a medieval Dutch church; it is not inspired by any church in particular but it could be the church of any village in Holland. This has another advantage: churches in Holland almost never have vaults, so no need building them. I only built one aisle, in order for it to fit on on two 48x48 baseplates; this also makes the building more interesting for the eye I think.

The pictures:

16414955559_58e1fab05a_c.jpg

15981019883_0102e33d5b_c.jpg

16393507317_6e6833c688_c.jpg

15978628954_e4698758ab_c.jpg

For more pictures, have a look at my flickr account.

This is awesome! I love the brickwork, the altar, and the organ. This is super-realistic.

Just as a side note, do you think that TLG doesn't make churches to avoid religious controversy?

The organ is fantastic and I love the color scheme!

One suggestion: the clock face seems a little small to me, have you tried the (big) clock from Town Hall?

The organ is fantastic and I love the color scheme!

One suggestion: the clock face seems a little small to me, have you tried the (big) clock from Town Hall?

I didn't want to make it too obvious that a Town Hall was used to build this :wink:

Very nice! The buttresses are so simple but they work very well, and so does the apse. I also like the different textures on the roof. I agree with Bennemans's comment about the clock.

I didn't want to make it too obvious that a Town Hall was used to build this :wink:

Fair enough!

you could try one of these with the clock in the middle, just to enlarge the face:

11833.jpg?4

I do agree with you btw that the fact your building is asymmetrical makes it more interesting! And the little white extension at the back is a very nice touch!

Your finest and most AWESOME work yet 'alois'.......I :wub: the buttresses and stain glass windows........totally Brick On 'alois' ! :grin:

Great build. The pipe organ is perfect. Very nice usage of bricks there. Keep us updated once this is incorporated to your city! :)

I really like that church! Nice color scheme, changes from the LBG. And the organ is really nice!

Looks great! Good job with colors!

Would be great for some Castle/Fantasy theme scene. I see hordes of barbarians or orcs/trolls runs to it and the noble knights defend the church ;)

Would be great for some Castle/Fantasy theme scene. I see hordes of barbarians or orcs/trolls runs to it and the noble knights defend the church ;)

It is a building in 2015 (hence posted in the Town forum), built in various other centuries, so knights or even orcs/trolls wouldn't belong here.

This is beautiful! Love the organ, the shape of the church and the brickwork.

Brilliant work. The architecture is spot on and I love how your interior is designed and carried out. There is an internal shot on your Flickr account that is simply stunning, where the lighting and imagery is just perfect!

Fantastic, Just like the rest of your builds! Are the primary colors used Reddish Brown and Dark Orange? Is the base 2x 48x48 plates?