I predict it will be less than a month before someone claims they can make it fly by motorizing it!

And will fail miserably

I claim I can probably motorise It. But I couldn't use power functions, and I'd have to replace the wings with something else and make them biggeR. And the landing gear would have to go, and perhaps the fuselage. But it would almost certainly be able to carry some Lego. ;)

I predict it will be less than a month before someone claims they can make it fly by motorizing it!

It's a hydro-plane, I bet we'll see 50% of those claiming they'll make it float as well.

Are those inline pin connectors at the sides of the engine silver?

Also, are the rear side panels also the new 5/3 panels? They seem like it on the side thumbnail on the box. That means we are getting 7 of them.

I think the 5/3 panels would be useful as static vanes to go behind a fan in a large jet engine model. The fan would use the #17 or #18 panels that are more aerodynamic.

No chance of a flat-pitch propeller causing significant forward thrust on this plane!

Mark

This discussion kinda hits home for me, its fire season where i live, and fire planes go overhead alot and there are some pretty bad fires in my area.

Woah!...part #2695 has not been seen in White since 1999!!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2695&colorID=1&in=A

Are those inline pin connectors at the sides of the engine silver?

Also, are the rear side panels also the new 5/3 panels? They seem like it on the side thumbnail on the box. That means we are getting 7 of them.

Yes....either flat or metallic silver, there have been a number of sets from 2015 using them.

Well, that's quite a nice plane. I see this part appears in white now.

It looks LBG...it matches the other parts surrounding it.

10727525_887845041237224_154995839_n.jpg

Looks very cool! Picture from the New York Toy Fair

Does it have a Pull Back feature? I just thought because it's displayed in front of the PULL BACK poster.

Edited by Emmi

Hm, why does it say 999 pcs here? Wasn't it just over 500 originally? The box is obviously not finalized since it's missing the stickers, etc. but why is the piece count different this time?

Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Technic-002.jpg

I'd say since it isn't 100% ready yet, they just put a random number to fill in the space on the box.

What a nice plane.

I was fearing that this year would be a bit of a dissapointment, but they seem to have hidden some nice sets form us up until a week or two ago. Well, I say "fearing", but might as well have said "hoping", since this is going to cost me dearly again. Especially since next to this plane the Arocs also is a "want" for me. Luckily the City line hás been a dissapointment, so that frees up some budgets...

Damn it, I'm adding this little plain to my wishlist. Good thing it'll be in stores for a while, because I don't think I can slot it in for this year :D

I know its not the topic, but I love the light blue and hope, we will se more technic sets with this color. Today my ordered light blue panelshas arrived an now I will update my 9392 quad from orange to light blue :wink:

Here is where I see those light blue panels come in handy ... along with a collection of many other light blue pieces and flex axles.

lamborghini-aventador-baby-blue-1.jpg?3b149d

Wow that does actually look pretty cool! The sides of the cockpit are a bit too square though