Could only discover one mistake in the building instructions, two blue 3L pins appeared out of nowhere (Page 255 step 2 jumped to Page 256 step 4, seems they accidentally left out step 3):

Funny. My instructions have a step 3 which adds just these two pins. Apparently the instructions already have had an update.

Edited by rener

Easy.

The part is not missing.

You made a mistake in the previous pages.

You put this connector on the left side and the right side, whereas the instruction says to put it only on one side (don't remember right or left).

If you take that part back, you will have what you need to complete the model correctly. ;)

Aha! Well spotted. :blush:

has anyone built the B model yet?....it looks just as impressive as the A and it uses most of the parts. it seems very well designed and polished.

it does not look like a typical B model on that they had plenty of parts to make a fully realised and finished product.

my only complaint is that the cabin section is idential in looks and build design to the A model.

Easy.

The part is not missing.

You made a mistake in the previous pages.

You put this connector on the left side and the right side, whereas the instruction says to put it only on one side (don't remember right or left).

If you take that part back, you will have what you need to complete the model correctly. ;)

Thought I was missing the same part too and also made de same mistake. Probably the instructions aren't clear enough.

Aha! Well spotted. :blush:
Thought I was missing the same part too and also made de same mistake. Probably the instructions aren't clear enough.

To be more specific, the "error" is on page 24, where you probably used 2 connectors instead of 1.

019.jpg

I have just compared the crane sections in the instructions for the A-model and the B-model, and with deep regret I would like to inform you folks that the crane, especially the base of the crane, is built differently in two models. Which means farewell to the thought of not having to dissemble the crane when moving from one model to another.

I haven't checked the cabin yet. Let's just pray both cabins are identical.

I have just compared the crane sections in the instructions for the A-model and the B-model, and with deep regret I would like to inform you folks that the crane, especially the base of the crane, is built differently in two models. Which means farewell to the thought of not having to dissemble the crane when moving from one model to another.

I haven't checked the cabin yet. Let's just pray both cabins are identical.

regret???

but lego is all about building, not the final product, so i don't see how is that bad. Unless i'm missing sarcasm :)

Btw, mine was dissasembled yesterday and ready for buiding B model.

It's just an exaggeration intended to deliver some light humor. At least I did think I didn't have to disassemble the crane.

Hmm, I must have made a building mistake - if I use the left light for making the Arocs turn left/right everything works how it should, however if I use the right light everything works the other way round - so I turn the light to the left, the Arocs turns right - if I turn the light to the right, the Arocs turns left.

I have no idea what can be made wrong here - the right light can only be connected in one way???

Look at the bevel gears that are on the shafts the lights are mounted on. One should be above it's mated gear and one should be below. It's just like how 2 differentials need to be opposite to turn the same way.

Edited by allanp

I'm planning on motorizing the small truck in the B-model with one motor for driving and one motor for steering. Any idea on where to put them?

just finished building it...can anyone please tell me in which step I might have missed applying stickers #25?

just finished building it...can anyone please tell me in which step I might have missed applying stickers #25?

They are for the B-model.

To be more specific, the "error" is on page 24, where you probably used 2 connectors instead of 1.

019.jpg

Thx for the help !!

For removing the correct connector, it can be helpful to look page 96 (left side, in under)

I just finished placing an order for my Arocs, through a bricklink seller located in Denmark. The total price including shipping will probably be around the same as buying it here in the states, when it comes out. My impatience won out I guess, I believe that Jim's top notch review helped with that. :wink:

~John

Edit: It looks like they won't make us wait for the Arocs here in the U.S.A. it is already on the LEGO shop's website. In hindsight I should have checked there first. :blush:

Edited by John Daniels

I'm really likening this model. I do have a problem. I finished through bag three. I left the model sitting on the kitchen table overnight and my wife's cat chewed about two inches off of the long blue tube that runs from the pump to the crane. I tried rerouting it but there's just not enough length to connect to the crane. Anyone know where I can get a replacement hose? I didn't find it on brick link.

Hi Chris,

just contact LEGO customer service, explain what happened. I am pretty sure, this excuse will be honored with a spare part! :laugh:

Good luck!

Cats and Lego... don't get me started!! I keep all my Lego in a room under lock and key so that our cats can't get to it.

Haha I wouldn't let them near the boxes either! :laugh:

I just got my 42042 crawler crane delivered this morning and with it I received a voucher from the shop I purchased it from... which means I can get the Arocs for £135. Might get it sooner than later, I think... :grin:

I'm really likening this model. I do have a problem. I finished through bag three. I left the model sitting on the kitchen table overnight and my wife's cat chewed about two inches off of the long blue tube that runs from the pump to the crane. I tried rerouting it but there's just not enough length to connect to the crane. Anyone know where I can get a replacement hose? I didn't find it on brick link.

I think customer services will help but to be fair, this wasn't TLGs fault. You may have to pay for it or if it is not available you can buy any blue hose from bricklink that's the same length or longer and cut it to length.

http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?itemType=P&catString=530

I'm through with bags 1-3 and I haven't found anything yet that isn't on par with my expectations. Except for one thing, I had not expected the colour coding madness to have gone so far. I can accept it for axles and pins and their derivatives, but colour coding of liftarms and beams is nothing but crazy. Every single 2L beam is yellow, every single 2*4 liftarm is light gray and so on, no matter where they are placed in the model. I'm not sure when this started, my latest technic model was the 9398, and I don't recall it as being as colour coded as 42043. Since I don't MOC (where it is possible to choose your own colours), this takes out quite a bit of the fun in building and displaying technic Lego.

That said, I still think the model is marvellous (especially at night when all colours fade to gray...)

Haha I wouldn't let them near the boxes either! :laugh:

I just got my 42042 crawler crane delivered this morning and with it I received a voucher from the shop I purchased it from... which means I can get the Arocs for £135. Might get it sooner than later, I think... :grin:

Sounds like a nice bonus! Which shop did you order from?