One more set:

Been posted.

I don't see a seat under there, the box advertises that he can sit under there.

Edited by CM4Sci

For absolute cheapest, you would want to get the robo horse instead of the library to get Lance. Robo horse 19.99 euros, and library is 24.99 euros so :D

If price was the only concern, yes. But if quality and other parts figure into it at all, which they do for me, I'd go with the Library.

I'm mostly looking for the cheapest (and best quality) way to get Lance, Macy, and the evil guy in this set:

WjGWN4o.png

Along with as many books and other useful pieces as I can get, which aren't many since I'm not into the blue / trans neon color scheme of the Knights.

It's modular though, if that's anything. :wink:

According to the description in the retailer site, it with goes with the Fortrex set

If price was the only concern, yes. But if quality and other parts figure into it at all, which they do for me, I'd go with the Library.

I'm mostly looking for the cheapest (and best quality) way to get Lance, Macy, and the evil guy in this set:

*snip*

Along with as many books and other useful pieces as I can get, which aren't many since I'm not into the blue / trans neon color scheme of the Knights.

Ah kk. Well nevermind what I said then. :P

This is a castle theme. There's a castle and knights, wizards, jesters, princesses and everything is castle themed. How come previous themes with magic powered vehicles and with dragons, witches and orcs are historic themed but this theme with magic powered vehicles is not?

This is a castle theme. There's a castle and knights, wizards, jesters, princesses and everything is castle themed. How come previous themes with magic powered vehicles and with dragons, witches and orcs are historic themed but this theme with magic powered vehicles is not?

It seems the tech factor weighed more than all that

BrickJagger and I were wondering the same thing. That's why we decided to open a poll about it :classic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115668

Just checked the set number in a retailer site and yes: This is the Merlok 2.0's Library set

So, no Merlok 2.0 at all. Not even in his own set :look:

Unbelievable...

Merlok 2.0 is in Fortrex as a hologram. Just like in the show.

It's not a minifigure :)

I don't think it's magic. It seems to be some sort of Sci-fi technology.

Merlok 2.0 is in Fortrex as a hologram. Just like in the show.

It's not a minifigure :)

In the show it's a hologram minifigure...

Edited by x105Black

Wow so many sets! Really like one with Aaron and bad guy with giant fists, many useful pieces and great minifigs. Also a Chariot of Beast Master with Macy is great one as well, the villain pliant great, but Macy is. Clays car seems to be cheapest way to get him and I guess its around 40-50$. So far I am probably going to buy sets with Aaron and lava guy with big fists , Clays car and Jestro Evil Mobile. Probably gongs buy some Ultimates sets as well. But overall great looking theme!

This is word from a man on the inside, people!

Looking at your previous history with Exo-Force, Ninjago, and the Exo-Suit, I'm assuming that mech set with the king in it is your handywork?

It's a beautiful set. Probably my favorite of the entire wave!

Edited by Penkid11

This is word from a man on the inside, people!

Dang, there I go again, not recognizing the actual employee.

No offence, but when will we see real historical Castle sets?

Edited by x105Black

e9IzMtM.png

The unusual wheel configuration leads me to believe that this vehicle splits into smaller vehicles. The front section seems to have a pair of detachable bikes due to the symmetry. The section with Clay looks looks like a detachable aircraft due to the angles and wing shaped fins. The parts on the rear wheels suggest something more than just decoration.

Edited by Arigomi

Dang, there I go again, not recognizing the actual employee.

No offence, but when will we see real historical Castle sets?

Well, last time was like 20 years ago. After that, all waves had fantasy/magical/supernatural elements

The technology in this is magic-powered?

-50 hype

Anyway, that Mini Fortrex is adorable. Love the look of these, but... magic? Seriously?

I can completely see how from an internal developement point of view this theme might be considered a castle theme, however the vehicles featured here are much more technology looking/inspired/based than any previous themes.

Consider the perspective of someone who knows nothing of the story behind Nexo Knights, what is there in those images to suggest those vehicles are magic powered? To my eye the villains vehicles look more magic based by the inclusion of magical creatures pulling them etc, but the knights look all tech - right down to the wizard being a hologram.

All the elements you describe for making it castle could be applied to Star Wars - knights and wizards represented by Jedis, jesters in the comic refief characters like Jar Jar Binks, and C3P0, princesses in the way of Leia and Amidala, and many locations have a castle look, particularly tatooine and naboo.

The fact that there is such a focus on technology, regardless of how it's powered, makes it science fiction. That in itself is not a bad thing, but traditional LEGO castle fans (AFOLs at least) will always be more welcoming of themes that allow them to build traditional, historical looking castle scenes - some like myself might have an interest in fantasy more than history, but still traditional fantasy works well alongside traditional Castle themes.

Considering the sets shown so far as parts packs, I suspect space/sci-fi builders will see more to appeal to them than those that want to build castles. I knw from my perspective any that I buy will mostly be for parts, and the villains parts will easily serve fantasy builds, while the knights will much better serve sci-fi builds.

One thing I will admit is that I completely didn't get Chima until I built Eris' Eagle interceptor (which I believe was one of Nabii's designs) at which point the whole theme fell into place, while I'm stil not a fan of tech/magic mash ups, a good bird styled jet like that could easily be used in other settings (for me it's like a fill in for either a Hawkjet for Hawkman or the Screaming Eagle V-Tol from Saints Row the Third)

Based on some of the Ninjago dragons I might take more of an interest in Nexo Knights if some good dragon based sets show up, which does seem relatively likely in future if LEGO are considering this a castle theme.

Well, last time was like 20 years ago. After that, all waves had fantasy/magical/supernatural elements

What was so supernatuaral about Kingdoms? The Farmers? The jousting? The jester? The wizards that only came in sidesets (the advent, the chess set and 1 tiny 19 piece box)?

To me kingdoms had everything to be the perfect castle line, the 2 wizards you can easily leave out..

Nexo Knights looks so weird that i actually starting to really like it, din't think io would go for it so seeing the first pictures.

Edited by firefox

Here some pictures of the hors bick that I have made seeing the pics and with the bricks I've got in stock :

10443348_1660009734241658_3019930905863949943_n.jpg?oh=a3dac8f044303ab103d96285726024e3&oe=568EDE40

12112409_1660009717574993_6766767031564458897_n.jpg?oh=0442ad9db4fd43c5a5fa7999379f57f8&oe=5691C941

12115963_1660009727574992_8737011178582727519_n.jpg?oh=ebdb05fd96eb80b92018eba5f3995c4a&oe=56C74CB9

What was so supernatuaral about Kingdoms? The Farmers? The jousting? The jester?

Nope. The Wizard, the dragon, the witch

The fantasy factor is still there

The technology in this is magic-powered?

I thought this was clear in the trailers

It's Merlok 2.0's magic. Fortrex comes with a spellbook. The shields are magic-powered (Nexo Powers): Tornado, fire, etc

Edited by Robert8

I am seeing a few good pieces in there but not enough to make me want to buy any of the sets.

The black Mohawk in the set with the giant mechanical horse is cool.

The 1 x 1 pyramid parts look useful for greebling on Space projects (or decoration on City buildings)

The books might be useful depending on the actual printing they have

Not sure where LEGO is going with that pod-racer looking thing though.

Some nice fig parts in there too.

And I am drooling over various parts in trans-fluro-orange (these pics answer once and for all the question that has been asked, namely that the good guys do indeed get trans-fluro-orange and the bad guys get trans-orange)

I mean "historical" in terms of medieval technology levels rather than futuristic technology levels, not in adherence to actual history. A tank is a tank, and a motorcycle is a motorcycle, no matter what's powering them.

Your Poll should show that while there may be a majority who think it is a Castle theme, there is quite a significant number of people who don't see it that way.

I completely understand that this theme has a lot of things that are traditionally the realm of Castle themes. But what really makes those work in a traditional Castle theme is the fact that they exist in a traditional low technology Castle world. This level of technology is arguably more important to the feel of Castle than any single one of those other elements. In my opinion, you can certainly have a Castle theme without a Jester, or a Princess, or a Dragon, or an Orc, but I don't think you could have a real Castle theme without the setting, which is medieval. I figured that's what Castle really meant when used as a theme name.

I guess I'm wrong, and I feel that LEGO considering this a Castle theme speaks volumes for their understanding of what fans loved about Castle themes. It also means it's not very likely that we'll see any real Castle themes for a while, which is seriously disappointing. I'm lucky I'm into Star Wars, CMFs, and some Superheroes, as I'll likely have things to collect in those areas for the next while.

I will give LEGO credit for drawing inspiration from previous Castle themes with things like heraldry, though. That was a nice touch.

Still, I think this fits in the Action Adventure category here, as it's a theme based around a television show.

I thought this was clear in the trailers

It's Merlok 2.0's magic. Fortrex comes with a spellbook. The shields are magic-powered (Nexo Powers): Tornado, fire, etc

What was clear was that there is magic and spellbooks. What wasn't obvious was that Nexo Powers are magic, and that their technology is magic-based. I thought the Nexo Powers were technologically driven superpowers, and that the tech was just advanced tech (Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."). Maybe I'll have to watch them again.

Edited by x105Black