Well, I'll probably do my usual and pick up all the sets at once, but Tahu and Pohatu will definitely be built first as those were the first Bionicles I ever got around 12-13 years ago. I even remember where I bought them from (Woolworths), too bad the shop chain doesn't exist anymore otherwise I would have bought them from the exact same place I originally first bought them. Ah well, the LEGO Store will work just as well I guess :sweet:

Too bad they're not the prices they were in 2002 (less than £5 for a Toa back then), but never mind that, I can live with these current prices anyway :grin:

Well, my first set was the Visorak Battle Ram :P So I'm not sure how that's going to work. I'll probs get Gali and Kopaka first, as water and ice were always my favourite.

My very first (complete) set was Tehutti and later Toa Whenua, so I'm definitely getting earth defender and onua first, and later maybe Tahu and Gali

Seeing as these guys are CCBS, I'm really torn about not wanting Kopaka or Onua. I have enough white and black in my CCBS collection as it is... But Kopaka was my second Bionicle set, so I feel bad about not wanting him :< But alas, my first was Tahu in 2001, so my first will be Tahu in 2015. I'll probably then aim to get Gali, Pohatu and Lewa, and maybe one or two of the Guardian/Matoran things. Probably the water and stone ones, maybe the jungle one.

Edited by LewiMOC

Well, I'll probably do my usual and pick up all the sets at once, but Tahu and Pohatu will definitely be built first as those were the first Bionicles I ever got around 12-13 years ago. I even remember where I bought them from (Woolworths), too bad the shop chain doesn't exist anymore otherwise I would have bought them from the exact same place I originally first bought them. Ah well, the LEGO Store will work just as well I guess :sweet:

Too bad they're not the prices they were in 2002 (less than £5 for a Toa back then), but never mind that, I can live with these current prices anyway :grin:

Technically my first set was a mask pack.. But if I think of Tahu and Gali as my first sets I'm lucky to say I remember the place and it still definitely exists - heck, I still go there sometimes.

There's just something so fun about getting sets in stores you can't find in web shopping. : P

As for the Toa prices, while the price hike is definitely something that happened and will continue to, remember these guys have a lot more pieces and are a lot more complex than the 2001 Mata.

And, I realized each Toa couple I posted (let's put Pohatu and Kopaka together for obvious reasons) is made from one Toa that is going to be a larger set and a medium sized one. So I'll be able to buy the new Toa in 3 couples in the same order I followed in 2001, while spending the same money each time. Nice.

My first Bionicle was a Pahrak Kal back in '04, on my birthday. Vakama and Matau were bought that very same day, and Tahu and Lewa will be my first rebooted sets :D

Also Pohatu because he is my favourite Mata.

Our first sets were Turaga Onewa and Nokama but I guess we won't be able to get those first now. :P

-Gata signoff.png

And, I realized each Toa couple I posted (let's put Pohatu and Kopaka together for obvious reasons) is made from one Toa that is going to be a larger set and a medium sized one. So I'll be able to buy the new Toa in 3 couples in the same order I followed in 2001, while spending the same money each time. Nice.

Are we sure there're two size classes for the Toa. All the packaging (for the Toa, at least) seems the same size to me.

I see Defenders being small, all the Toa being medium, and the LOSS a large set.

Well, my first Bionicle set was-

Oh wait, that's right. I never bought one. I do have an unfinished ice-dude (couldn't care less about the name) unfinished green dude (see previous answer) and an instruction booklet for Tahu. I think they were Toa Mata. But they were all second-hand, and came in one pack with a bunch of other stuff.

Getting Tahu or a smaller one first anyway.

I'll probably buy whatever set that has the best parts first. From what I've seen, I think that will be Onua for the trans-purple.

My first bionicle set was Vezok back in '06. Still my favorite set. Although I'm torn between which new set to get. I'm thinking tahu or lewa, But I also like onua and kopaka, But then again I like pohatu and gali. So much for saving money next year.

Meanwhile Bzpower's community is still discussing the "is it fake or real???" leak topic.

Do you think Bzpower will still lay in the shadows next year? Yes or yes?

Excuse us for following LEGO's explicit communication and not allowing illegally obtained images be discussed. One of our former admins isn't in charge of the team that reports misbehaving sites to corporate at TLG like EB's is.

I guarantee you BZP will have a more important role to play as 2015 draws nearer. EB may have a more active community, but the fact remains that for constraction BZP out-classes and out-activities all other communities by several magnitudes.

My first set was Lehvak, but I think I'll buy Tahu first, since he's the most iconic Bionicle character :P (also that lava surfboard *.*)

Kalhiki, it seems highly likely that the toa have 2 size classes. If you look at Tahu's lower legs, they use hero 2.0 chest armour He is going to stand a lot taller than say, Gali, who seems to use much smaller shells.

Meanwhile Bzpower's community is still discussing the "is it fake or real???" leak topic.

Do you think Bzpower will still lay in the shadows next year? Yes or yes?

Excuse us for following LEGO's explicit communication and not allowing illegally obtained images be discussed. One of our former admins isn't in charge of the team that reports misbehaving sites to corporate at TLG like EB's is.

I guarantee you BZP will have a more important role to play as 2015 draws nearer. EB may have a more active community, but the fact remains that for constraction BZP out-classes and out-activities all other communities by several magnitudes.

I wanted to answer to TwistLaw's post but then I had to go someplace and it slipped my mind. Thank you, DV. I don't get why BZPower gets so much hate from some people. And unlike what you said, TwistLaw, people in our community are just as well aware that the images are most likely real, so that's not what people are discussing there. The difference is that our site respects LEGO's wishes and Eurobricks doesn't, but that's not our fault. As to your question, my answer is no. No idea if BZPower will return to its old levels of activity (I suppose not), but I can assure you BZPower will play a more important role in the fanbase once again starting next year. Already now activity has greatly increased and many new members are joining at the sole chance of BIONICLE returning and it's not even been confimed yet.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Anyone disappointed Kopaka doesn't seem to have a shield? Giving him one shouldn't be hard, but still.

Anyone disappointed Kopaka doesn't seem to have a shield? Giving him one shouldn't be hard, but still.

He does, he uses what Tahu uses for his lava board, but as a shield.

I don't get why BZPower gets so much hate from some people.

And I don't get why it continues to be a topic of discussion in this thread- I've stated before to keep BZP discussion/flaming/whatever else out of this topic, let's everyone keep it that way. I won't say it again.

Annyway, most likely I'll get the whole round at once. It'll be interesting to see if they release the sets similar to how they did before, where the "defenders" get released before the rest of the sets. I recall in my area Matoran sets would always get released before canister and boxed sets, helped ease the wallets a bit in my opinion. Though with how Lego has been releasing both small and larger sets at the same time lately, they may choose to just do it all at once.

Kalhiki, it seems highly likely that the toa have 2 size classes. If you look at Tahu's lower legs, they use hero 2.0 chest armour He is going to stand a lot taller than say, Gali, who seems to use much smaller shells.

BTW, here's a more accurate mock-up :

tahu2k12.png

I think I'm going to buy some of the defenders first, normally I like the ice characters, so if the Ice Defender looks good once better pictures come out, I might buy him first

I'm thinking of getting a few of the same defenders and a Toa of their respective element, so I could get a small "village" display.

Otherwise,I'm getting Kopaka first, he was my favourite character from the Toa Mata. :P