1C4CsAn.png

All the new moulded pieces revealed in the 4 Star Wars Ultrabuilds (Not including heads/masks)

For purposes of discussion of if they will be included in future Bionicle sets.

I could see them including the shin-guard shell and the shoulder add-on, but I hope the others remain exclusive to Star Wars. Bionicle is not meant to have torso-shells like that.

Edited by Master_Data

Not sure how good the shin guards would look for Bionicle. Just seems too Star Wars-y to me.

Not sure how good the shin guards would look for Bionicle. Just seems too Star Wars-y to me.

Personally i associate them more with Gorm or Galidor, though you do bring up a good point. Not sure how they'd work either, but i do like that we have a shell piece that sticks close to the body and works as a good leg coverage piece. The legs on Obi-Wan Kenobi definitely feel like a more condensed version of what Kopaka's legs could be in the future, maybe if they printed detail on the shin guards then it'd fit the theme?

Personally i associate them more with Gorm or Galidor, though you do bring up a good point. Not sure how they'd work either, but i do like that we have a shell piece that sticks close to the body and works as a good leg coverage piece. The legs on Obi-Wan Kenobi definitely feel like a more condensed version of what Kopaka's legs could be in the future, maybe if they printed detail on the shin guards then it'd fit the theme?

I just realized how well Galidor could work now with the CCBS. (I loved that theme as a kid.)

Honestly, any of those new molds can work well in Bionicle under the right circumstances.

Mostly I just want that shoulder armor in black. The only use for the lightsabers that I can think of are as teeth for some sort of demon.

Depending on if you can attach the hilt at either end of the lightsaber, i could see it being used as a trans-staff piece

Edited by Scarilian

Bionicle is not meant to have torso-shells like that.

It likely will never feature them. Those torso shells are specifically designed for the largest torso bone, so not only are they highly specialized in their style even without printing, the likelihood that they of all torso shells being used for a titan-scale BIONICLE set is small.

I just realized how well Galidor could work now with the CCBS. (I loved that theme as a kid.)

While I'm sure some characters could be made to work, others would be far more questionable. Take Nick Bluetooth for example. Could a shell be introduced with the intention of replicating baggy blue jeans? And would it be worth it?

While I'm sure some characters could be made to work, others would be far more questionable. Take Nick Bluetooth for example. Could a shell be introduced with the intention of replicating baggy blue jeans? And would it be worth it?

Maybe some of the bulkier blue torso shells could work. (Even if they kind look like he was wearing rave pants.)

I could see them including the shin-guard shell and the shoulder add-on, but I hope the others remain exclusive to Star Wars. Bionicle is not meant to have torso-shells like that.

Hm. Definatley gonna find some uses for those new leg shells and that new addon. It's that chest piece that really bothers me, Its just too big. I hope someone can come up with a use for it

First two waves ? When has the second wave been announced ?

I think there was somebody (apparently a reliable source) in the Star Wars rumours forum that said there was going to be a second wave of these Constraction figures.

Anyway, that concept art is beautiful. I especially like the Earth region, but I think that's because I like crystals and caves (nothing to do with me being a geologist... :tongue: ).

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

I think there was somebody (apparently a reliable source) in the Star Wars rumours forum that said there was going to be a second wave of these Constraction figures.

I doubt they would miss the opportunity to give us more Star Wars sets, specifically given they made new pieces specifically for the line, though unable to find the source in the Star Wars rumors forum...

Probably going to turn Vader into Gorm... xD

Set wise, everything except the lightsabers blades (which are simply too recognizeable) and maybe the torso shell should be fair game.

MOC wise, aside from the torso shell, which I really don't like much, I see myself using ALL these pieces. The new shins and shoulders are obvious.

As for the lightsabers, I think the weapon could work really well to equip a Toa of Light or Plasma with; but the individual parts look very useful too- the blades can mimic energy attacks, while the hilt parts look like they could be very good..well, hilts, replacing 6538f (and its older variants) to spice up the look of a weapon.

Edited by Shakar

I doubt they would miss the opportunity to give us more Star Wars sets, specifically given they made new pieces specifically for the line, though unable to find the source in the Star Wars rumors forum...

Starts from this comment. Sounds very much like a further 6 SW constraction figs given it's quoting a post about Obi-Wan looking mechanical. If that's so - I'll have stuff to buy in December :laugh: . But this really belongs in the Star Wars constraction thread :wink:

I'm glad the hilts indeed look generic enough that it could potentially have a wide variety of detailing Technic and Constraction uses. No lie, I used to make lightsabers for Constraction figures, and I'd often use one of these in pearl light gray to make the hilt. But I prefer the new mould of hilt by miles compared to my solution :classic:

I too see them re-using the shin guard and the new shoulder add-on in Bionicle, printing or no printing. After all, on the legs it's used in conjunction with the Kaiju fin, which is used in Bionicle (at least in Lewa). The torso shell could potentially make an appearance (maybe it would be good for a robed Bionicle character? I don't know), I've a hard time seeing the general shape of it being licensed (of course the printed variants would be).

Starts from this comment. Sounds very much like a further 6 SW constraction figs given it's quoting a post about Obi-Wan looking mechanical. If that's so - I'll have stuff to buy in December :laugh: . But this really belongs in the Star Wars constraction thread :wink:

Eh, Sir Von Lego has been right in the past... hopefully he is right again... which would mean we could see a bunch more new pieces or recolors which will hopefully be used in Bionicle 2016. Mostly talking about the potential re-use of pieces for Bionicle, though not sure which that would fall under...

Eh, Sir Von Lego has been right in the past... hopefully he is right again... which would mean we could see a bunch more new pieces or recolors which will hopefully be used in Bionicle 2016. Mostly talking about the potential re-use of pieces for Bionicle, though not sure which that would fall under...

Well... this all kinds of interesting information but supposedly, there will be leaks and possibly the actual 2016-Bionicle sets on some Toy Fair before they even reveal the next Star Wars constraction sets. So I'ts rather a thing to speculate what new pieces from the Bionicle 2016-sets will the 2016 Star Wars constraction figures use :D

Well... this all kinds of interesting information but supposedly, there will be leaks and possibly the actual 2016-Bionicle sets on some Toy Fair before they even reveal the next Star Wars constraction sets. So I'ts rather a thing to speculate what new pieces from the Bionicle 2016-sets will the 2016 Star Wars constraction figures use :D

Ah, you are probably right. Bionicle leaks are more likely than Star Wars movie-based set leaks. Only a few months from the episode VII release and we've seen the Summer Bionicles but not the summer Star Wars, so guess its all top secret at this stage.

Either way, look forward to the new pieces, when did we begin seeing the 2015 winter wave again?

Ah, you are probably right. Bionicle leaks are more likely than Star Wars movie-based set leaks. Only a few months from the episode VII release and we've seen the Summer Bionicles but not the summer Star Wars, so guess its all top secret at this stage.

Either way, look forward to the new pieces, when did we begin seeing the 2015 winter wave again?

The first leak appeared in early July.

Now that we know the actual base of the construction of the figures they'll be not as hard to figure out as the toa, even easier if the rumors about the playtesting turn out to be true.

Ty :3

Now that we know the actual base of the construction of the figures they'll be not as hard to figure out as the toa, even easier if the rumors about the playtesting turn out to be true.

If the play testing rumors are true then i am definitely hyped for the 2016 sets, the ecto-blaster sounded awesome, either way, hopefully we see the sets around near July then. I always like seeing the next wave before making purchases just incase we end up getting a big set that i need to save up for. Fingers crossed we dont just end up having the Toa again, unless ofcourse they have a bunch more new pieces :3