I certainly would prefer if the 2015 masters stay as the main heroes.

and each wave we get only a few allies. and the rest bad guys (like in 2003) they would certainly have more variation in design than good guys, specially if Lego is bringing functions to Bionicle back

I definetly want the waves to be traditional

Winter: 6 medium and 6 small sets, maybe 1 or 2 titan.

Summer: Couple of titans/vehicles and 6 medium sets

Maybe lesser titans and less exclusive sets. I really don't think that Mazeka or Axalara T9 for instance gave any profit. And as much as I like the word "exclusive" I really don't want to began hunting for them again.

I definetly want the waves to be traditional

Winter: 6 medium and 6 small sets, maybe 1 or 2 titan.

Summer: Couple of titans/vehicles and 6 medium sets

Maybe lesser titans and less exclusive sets. I really don't think that Mazeka or Axalara T9 for instance gave any profit. And as much as I like the word "exclusive" I really don't want to began hunting for them again.

What's the point of not having the smaller sets out in summer? At that time I can only really see that many children to buying one or two medium sets, if at all, let alone a vehicle. If they had of released vehicles for Christmas time, it is easily available to children, their main audience. :P

I think there needs to be other toa teams somewhere down the line. Sure, maybe sales were never as good once they left the mata, but Bionicle wouldn't have lasted nearly as long if they hadn't changed, IMO

What's the point of not having the smaller sets out in summer? At that time I can only really see that many children to buying one or two medium sets, if at all, let alone a vehicle. If they had of released vehicles for Christmas time, it is easily available to children, their main audience. :P

I know what you mean. I theories next wave that we will get Jungle, Stone, Water enemies(?) as titans and the other three will be normal sets. That still only is about 6 sets. How many sets usually come out in the summer?

I dunno, if the Inika/Mahri return I hope they get better, more character specific weapons.

I think the Inika weapons were pretty in line with the characters or their elements: Jaller's and Matoro's swords looked like modernized versions of their Mata equivalents' (and Jaller's fancy gold sword fit a military commander like him well) , Hewkii's axe fit his strong guy character type, Hahli's harpoon and Kongu's crossbow fit their elements, Nuparu homaged Onua with his claws while his laser drill and shoulder mounted launcher included looked like something a quirky inventor like him would think of (technically it was the Red Star who gave them their weapons, but Lego's about imagination, right?).

The Mahri weapons were more generic, something I'd give to a Matoran or a Dark Hunter rather than a Toa. I still liked most of them them a lot (Jaller's sword is just sweet), but when I think of Jaller & co I think of the Inika weapons. Plus they light up! I admit it, I still play with them.

Edited by Shakar

Also, speaking of Toa incarnations, I find it interesting that every Toa team has had at least 3 set appearances (Though not necessarily 3 forms as Toa) The only exceptions are Pohatu, Lewa, Jaller, Matoro, and Hewkii, who all had 4 incarnations.

What were Pohatu and Lewa's fourth incarnations?

Should it be a reboot, it would be cool to see a Toa team of just some of the stand-alone characters. A team with Lhikan, Lesovikk, and Takanuva would be the coolest thing in the world. And they could just market them as being Legendary Toa or somesuch.

Got to say that the perfect "New Mahri" team would be them with both weapons, because the Mahri ones are pretty suiting in some cases too. Halhi's talon looks like a trident, a traditional watery weapon, and Matoro's twin cutters would be handy for climbing icy cliffs.

Since we hopefully won't have launchers, they can carry both, one in each hand. Except Jaller. Jaller needs his twin Energized Flame Swords. The Power Blade can go on his back.

THe only problem I have with the Inika weapons is that they're too small for me to use in my MOCs, where the Toa are generally a few units taller than the Inika, and unlike other weapon parts, they don't look good with extended hilts, nor do they fit well with the Mata Nui shield piece.

As for that legendary Toa team, love it.

I hope we get a completely new Toa team down the line. I'd like to see old faces again, but I don't want the story to get too predictable by following characters we already know about. If it's not a reboot, LEGO can use whoever they want!

And that's a great idea, Kalhiki.

Edited by Studs Not On Top

Recently I have examined these preliminary images, I have found some details:

-Each Protector will have a shooting function which is powered by a gear. (BTW

-Each Toa/Master will have gears that can control their own arms like the older versions from 2001-2005 (due to feedback from classic BIONICLE fans, and it is likely to be a huge success this year, due to this)

- There will be a new headpiece, according to the "click connection" Mask of Creation, and I hope the head will be a remake of the 2001-2004 Toa Mata/Metru heads,

-Some Toa is different (in colors) For example Gali will have some dark azure shells, while the Toa colors remain unchanged with addition of keetorange, purple, gold, silver and transparent instead of tan, blue, bright blue, bright green, orange, dark grey and light bluish grey

Hope you like it! :tongue:

-Each Toa/Master will have gears that can control their own arms like the older versions from 2001-2005 (due to feedback from classic BIONICLE fans, and it is likely to be a huge success this year, due to this)

- There will be a new headpiece, according to the "click connection" Mask of Creation, and I hope the head will be a remake of the 2001-2004 Toa Mata/Metru heads,

-Some Toa is different (in colors) For example Gali will have some dark azure shells, while the Toa colors remain unchanged with addition of keetorange, purple, gold, silver and transparent instead of tan, blue, bright blue, bright green, orange, dark grey and light bluish grey

No offense, but this is old news for pretty much well everyone who has been seriously following this thread :wink:

I liked the launchers, just think they should be used more sparingly. After a Toa team uses them, give them a break for the next Toa team, then bring a new launcher if you want or keep it melee for a while. The only launcher I really didn't like was the Nynrah Ghost Blaster, shoulda kept the Midak Skyblaster. I don't want melee to be sacrificed for dual-wield blasters on Toa, though.

As JayWalker said... those are literally all things that we have been talking about for pages and pages now. :P

Would anyone like to expand on this?

The Axalara T9 set and Rockoh T3 set included a Lewa and Pohatu figure, respectively.

The Axalara T9 set and Rockoh T3 set included a Lewa and Pohatu figure, respectively.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. They seem to be the only cases of the same character being released twice in one year, unless you count Takua and Takanuva.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Imo, I don't think we'll be seeing any major vehicles in the near future.

(Most likely in a couple of years if they think it will be more successful than and '08 '09 vehicles)

Edited by MonkeyChud

Well.. Dekar and Hydraxon kinda count. :P But stil, making more than one version of a character in the same year is more of a thing HF started. I don't mind it that much, but I hope they don't start spamming Tahu everywhere like with Rocka..

Well now that I am back from the dead

Wow, I have to say that 2015 for Bionicle will be a great year! I wonder what we'll get to see in terms of storyline though.

However, it sounds like the sets will be a mixture of old and new parts?

(sorry I haven't been on for like years)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. They seem to be the only cases of the same character being released twice in one year, unless you count Takua and Takanuva.

There's also Mata Nui and Toa Mata Nui in 2009, and the two versions of Vezon in Vezon & Fenrakk and Vezon & Kardas (though that latter case is kind of special because one is a combi model of the other).