1 hour ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Can I ask, whether someone knows if it's possible to connect these two parts together (in a working way, to create a half-studless turntable)?

One more confirmation that it has worked nicely for years, even when there was a 4kg superstrucure on top of it.
I suggest trying a combination of few of them, as some rotated more smooth than others, even though they were same numbers.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

One more confirmation that it has worked nicely for years, even when there was a 4kg superstrucure on top of it.
I suggest trying a combination of few of them, as some rotated more smooth than others, even though they were same numbers.

Could have been different materials/mould polishing used. Also turntables are really sensitive to dirt and dust, those will increase friction dramatically.

I just got my first copies of the Daytona differential, and like others, I wanted to find a way to use the large gear without a differential, as in a trial truck. Anyways, I found a solution that seems to work fairly well, though it does create a degree of friction:

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

It just has the pins going into the gaps between the protrusions on the face, which has proven to be a firm enough connection to easily stall a PF XL motor. It might be worth noting that I am using a clone part, but I'm quite confident that it would work with an original Lego one as well.

For the fans of colored tires, there’s pink now as well:

800x769.jpeg
And also a yellow toggle joint which is new.

36 minutes ago, LvdH said:

You beat me to it. I find it funny thinking that 2024 will be remembered as the year of colorful Technic tires and GOATS!

Also sand blue banana gear, reddish orange large steering wheel and pearl gold shock absorber.
102692_LEGO-City-Modular-Space-Station-6102692_LEGO-City-Space-Explorer-Rover-an

Edited by R0Sch

40 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

pearl gold shock absorber

Are they directly attached to the wheel axles? O_o

But maybe the wheels spin free while the axles (4L with stop I suppose?) are somehow connected to the rims and keep them steady.

I’m not understanding, is this reddish orange a new color or an existing one? It’s hard to tell from the photos. Also it seems tires are not color locked anymore, surprising and cool!

5 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I’m not understanding, is this reddish orange a new color or an existing one? It’s hard to tell from the photos. Also it seems tires are not color locked anymore, surprising and cool!

Yes, new color introduced in 2024.

56 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

The Creator roller skate set for release next year includes pink tyres!

31148-1.jpg?202309260228

I see a Barbie Dream Car in the future - so LEGO can get the most out of those pink donuts!

If Barbie's car was made in Technic I would so buy it. And then I'd buy several for my friends as well.

Too bad I don't really see a collaboration between TLG and Mattel happening anytime soon...

13 hours ago, howitzer said:

collaboration between TLG and Mattel

Considering Mattel has megablock, those collaboration is impossible. That's actually very sad because I want see hot wheels in lego.

Edited by msk6003

14 hours ago, howitzer said:

If Barbie's car was made in Technic I would so buy it. And then I'd buy several for my friends as well.

Too bad I don't really see a collaboration between TLG and Mattel happening anytime soon...

My post was made entirely in jest.

6 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Still think it's a shame that TLG couldn't do blue tyres for Sudden Impact considering the rainbow of tyres coming next year.

I would rather welcome additional tire dimensions to eneich diversity (both for Lego sets and MOCs)

On 12/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, howitzer said:

Yep, and even if LEGO made a non-licensed Technic set along those lines, I doubt it'd use pink tires (after all, Barbie's car usually has realistic black tires, as do most LEGO Friends vehicles).

That said, I think a cute, sporty convertible could make a genuinely nice departure from the theme's usual emphasis on high-speed supercars/racing cars an rugged off-road vehicles. It could even have a dedicated function for the convertible roof, like 4993 did!

13 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Yep, and even if LEGO made a non-licensed Technic set along those lines, I doubt it'd use pink tires (after all, Barbie's car usually has realistic black tires, as do most LEGO Friends vehicles).

That said, I think a cute, sporty convertible could make a genuinely nice departure from the theme's usual emphasis on high-speed supercars/racing cars an rugged off-road vehicles. It could even have a dedicated function for the convertible roof, like 4993 did!

I think a small 4x4, in white mostly but with a bunch of pink/purple/teal accents could be very nice. Maybe with a mostly teal interior with pink accents, more detailed than usual for a technic set with fake stereo and speakers, and white letters printed on the tyres. Medium sized but decently mechanically dense, with 4 wheel drive, full suspension, steering (via HoG but also working steering wheel), v6 regular piston engine (not the cam shaft only style engine), spare wheel on the rear, opening doors/hood and removable rear cover to make it a convertible.  

Suzuki Vitara - Used car costa blanca spain - Second hand cars available  Costa Blanca and beyond!

40 minutes ago, allanp said:

I think a small 4x4, in white mostly but with a bunch of pink/purple/teal accents could be very nice. Maybe with a mostly teal interior with pink accents, more detailed than usual for a technic set with fake stereo and speakers, and white letters printed on the tyres. Medium sized but decently mechanically dense, with 4 wheel drive, full suspension, steering (via HoG but also working steering wheel), v6 regular piston engine (not the cam shaft only style engine), spare wheel on the rear, opening doors/hood and removable rear cover to make it a convertible.  

Sounds good :) Thought I can live without the pink accents and the print on the tires (would look good but ain't gonna happen I think).

And finally TLG could start making fender pieces that are better fit for SUVs and off-roaders (instead of only sports cars), where the top does not curve too much (2 studs) inwards onto a low hood, because it has to continue straight up, and where the bottom may curve inwards. I think this could be done with a flat panel piece that has a wheel-arch cut in it, that accepts a fender flare (like on the Raptor) that protrudes a bit out of the flat wheel-arch panel. And the same wheel-arch could accept fender flares of various styles..

The Technic Designers in RB's video talk of a new worm gear in the Surface Space Loader. Wonder if it's just a flipped helical direction or just the worm gear from this years City Police set. Nvm

Edited by R0Sch

Here is the current list so far for early 2024:

--------re/new-colors--------
80285     in light bluish gray
67491     in light bluish gray
65151c03  in light bluish gray (black end and dark bluish gray middle)
66855pb08 in dark bluish gray (with green recycle logo print)
2387      in dark bluish gray
2389      in dark bluish gray
35186     in dark bluish gray
70695     in "dusty gray"
56145     in "dusty gray"
45982     in "dusty gray"
65416     in "dusty gray"
10312     in new trans black
2393      in black
2438      in black (with print)
2442      in black (with print)
80268     in white
80267     in white
2391      in white
65422     in white
24116     in orange
80271     in orange
80272     in orange
32316     in reddish orange
24116     in reddish orange
2395      in reddish orange
2403      in reddish orange
49699     in reddish orange
11954     in reddish orange
32525     in reddish orange
40490     in reddish orange
64681     in reddish orange
64393     in reddish orange
41239     in reddish orange
15458     in reddish orange
2741      in reddish orange
80562     in reddish orange
22961     in green
71708     in green
2438      in green
2442      in green
43857     in green
56904     in blue
46372     in yellow
32126     in yellow
15362     in yellow
55978     in pink
731c08    in pearl gold
24121     in sand blue

--------color re-releases--------
10288     in black
64392     in white
64682     in white
18945     in white
x346      in trans-red
61800     in orange
30285     in yellow
32014     in green
32009     in green

--------new parts--------
knob wheel with 45 degree axle hole in light bluish gray
technic hemisphere panel small in white
technic hemisphere panel small in blue
technic hemisphere panel large in flame yellowish orange
rotor blade 40L in metallic silver
unknown new beam (in vtol spaceship) in ?
motorcycle windscreen small, rigid in trans-clear (with black print)
Technic, Pin Connector Hub with 4 Bars and Through Pin Hole (3803) in reddish brown
long thin 3x11 tapered panel (left) in black
long thin 3x11 tapered panel (right) in black

Edited by SNIPE

On 12/2/2023 at 9:52 PM, LvdH said:

800x769.jpeg
And also a yellow toggle joint which is new.

weirdly tempts me to make some tiny drift car with pink tires. anyone else?

On 12/10/2023 at 10:20 PM, gyenesvi said:

Sounds good :) Thought I can live without the pink accents and the print on the tires (would look good but ain't gonna happen I think).

And finally TLG could start making fender pieces that are better fit for SUVs and off-roaders (instead of only sports cars), where the top does not curve too much (2 studs) inwards onto a low hood, because it has to continue straight up, and where the bottom may curve inwards. I think this could be done with a flat panel piece that has a wheel-arch cut in it, that accepts a fender flare (like on the Raptor) that protrudes a bit out of the flat wheel-arch panel. And the same wheel-arch could accept fender flares of various styles..

Yeah, I was thinking of something aimed at testing the waters for Technic sets aimed at the opposite of sex. Maybe the girly colours are a bit stereotypical but whatever, if it works it works!

21345_Polaroid_3_sD8h3-2048x1158.png

Finally TLG made 68327 wheel's black version. I can't wait to get 4 of this for my drift car moc.

Over a year after the topic has been discussed here on EB, there is finally some progress on the "new" Type 4 Large Turntable 88738. The LEGO instruction app finally lists the 3D model so the raw .dat could be extracted. Hopefully it will be added to LDraw part tracker soon by the talented people there.
To me this has to receive a new part spot on Bricklink and cannot run under the old part number just as a mold variant. Not just the bevel gear part was removed, but the teeth geometry also changed (wider straight tooth root and height). And those ribs will surely reduce friction making it run easier with higher weight on top.
It's probably made of a different material too, hence the added snap-on clips. Or it could be easier to assemble/disassemble from base. Still, I dislike the fact that this part cannot be run with perpendicular bevel gears any more.

U1KCQjB.png
Fun fact: this turntable is now available in 3 different colors: dbg, white and black. So I expect we'll see more gears in different colors similar to the recently released black 16t and yellow 28t.