Back

gallery_148_192_116381.jpg

gallery_148_192_46935.jpg

Bottom

gallery_148_192_118999.jpg

The parts

It´s a really great looking minifig, very true IMO to the original :sweet: :

327ttalking-queen-amidala-posters.jpg

The only thing I want to nag about is that the printing doesn´t flow perfectly between torso and dress because the dress part seems to narrow compared to the torso :cry_sad:.

gallery_148_192_10213.jpg

"But honey, you said I could wear some red also :look:!?"

gallery_148_192_46249.jpg

"I´m hitting Studio 54 now, anyone want to join me?"

Wow, this is an AWESOME dress piece! I hope TLG makes similar dresses on other figs in the future! My only problem with it is, like you said, the printing doesn't quite flow.

Edited by purpleparadox

Stunning! :wub_drool:

I wish it came in a smaller set, I have a feeling I might have to find another way to get it, but I can certainly understand why they chose to finally put it in the set they did.

This new dress piece is a real progress! Hope they'll make special dresses for Castle\Pirates figs instead of these old-looking slopes...

Thank for the review!

she looks really good. I don't like the new way of aproaching the SW minifigures, but this one is an exeption. very nice.

Beautiful minifig :wub: and even the print on both torso and base line up perfectly (of course I do have bad eyes :grin:) , thank you 'CopMike' for sharing these images. :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

I really love the detail they put into this.

Thanks for the preview.

Beautiful! Exceptional piece of beauty which is the sole reason to get that new sub! :wub:

Thanks CopMike!! Definitely a nice Minifigure.... :thumbup:

Will have to get the sub just for that!

Excellent minifig, but very strange that the torso is so much wider than the "dress portion" :wacko:

Thanks for the images.

How tall is the figure next to a regular minifigure with legs? Did they make this new piece the same height as legs, or is it like the regular slope dress piece, making the figure taller?

Interesting. I'm not a SW fan so I doubt I will get whatever set this appears in, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that minifig. The new skirt piece definitely fits for this fig, but I don't think it will appear in other minifigs. It's too specialized for that but it would be great if we would get a new 2x2x1.2/3 slope piece instead.

Thanks for the images.

How tall is the figure next to a regular minifigure with legs? Did they make this new piece the same height as legs, or is it like the regular slope dress piece, making the figure taller?

Judging from the pic where she stands next to CopMike's Fabuland fig it's the same height as the slope piece, 2 bricks.

Thanks for the detailed photos. This fig looks great. All hips are narrower than torsos (except maybe the genie bottom, not 100% sure off the top of my head), but I agree that in this case it is quite distracting from the flow.

Overall a wonderful figure and I'm looking forward to getting it.

Thanks for the images. I am super excited for this figure. She is the main reason I would be getting the sub. Plus, I don't have the other 3 figures either so it will all be new for me. But Amidala is the breadwinner for sure.

I actually like the old slopes for dress pieces for everyone else. Amidala needed something more decorative, so this works brilliantly for her, but I would hate to see similar dresses for every royal lady in other universes. But that's just me.

Amazing figure. She's well worth the wait after all these years.

I'm really happy with the face too. It actually looks like her, unlike the Hermione one from last year. Be good if future Padmes used a modified version of this face minus the Queen makeup.

Excellent minifig, but very strange that the torso is so much wider than the "dress portion" :wacko:

I think its because the dress also slopes out to the sides. Making the top part narrower than the torso is so there's still room for the hands.

Thanks for the great pics, Mike! This sure is one gorgeous fig! I really want it, but I can't really justify the purchase of the Bongo for it. I'll just have to hope for a sale... or for you to add this fig to your next raffle. :grin:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I think its because the dress also slopes out to the sides. Making the top part narrower than the torso is so there's still room for the hands.

Yes, I think your reason makes the most sense. If you look at the first picture, it defintely looks like a base the same width as the torso at the top would not have clearance for the hands to be down at the sides.