Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

Classic Space starfighter

I'm trying to build in as many themes as possible at the moment.

When I found my Classic Space printed parts in boxes of bricks from my parents I decided to build a ship for my new Collectible Minifig Spaceman.

classic_space1.jpg

classic_space_5.jpg

classic_space_3.jpg

classic_space_2.jpg

This started out as a version of the classic 918, but I've tried to use as many modern techniques as I could with a classic space feel.

Annoyingly there are 5 parts not in blue or light grey!

This is very cool! It looks kind of like a cross between a A-wing and a Vic Viper. I also really like how the overall curvature of the ship looks.

Nicely done mookage, the design reminds me more of the Jedi Starfighter with the wedge shape. I like the use of the printed slope with the classic space logo. And excellent crystal-clear photos too. :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll have that windscreen in trans-yellow soon, so you can really do it up 100% ;)

I really like the shape of this one.

FANTASTIC MOC 'mookage' - a fusion of classic space, Jedi statfighter and original BSG viper - great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very good use of the Classic style in your colors!

Love the way it all turned out. :thumbup:

Awesome work and a great homage to the original #918. I love the color scheme and the "new school" techniques give it a great streamlined/polished look. The cockpit design is nice and the Collectible Spaceman looks right at home in there. Brilliant work. You've got me thinking I will have to try something like this soon.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Guys, if you are going to dredge up a one year old topic, try to be a bit more constructive than saying things like "great MOC" or "Cool". There really isn't a need to push down all the newer topics that people have worked hard on at the moment.

Cheers

ISC.

Guys, if you are going to dredge up a one year old topic, try to be a bit more constructive than saying things like "great MOC" or "Cool". There really isn't a need to push down all the newer topics that people have worked hard on at the moment.

Cheers

ISC.

I know you are a mod but to say others comments on an older thread aren't worthwhile is unfair. Not taking it personal at all before my comments are misconstrued.

I wasn't a member here a year ago and don't usually search back very far in threads. In fact I didn't even look at the original posting date. There is a benefit to other members who may be in a similar situation. Seeing this thread just yesterday makes it "new to me" and I can appreciate the work done even if it is an older thread.

I'm old enough to remember getting classic space sets new as a child and seeing MOC's like this show what could have been back then and what direction the older parts can be used in the future. I'm inspired by the MOC and that is what counts.

Edited by ETAV8R

Nice looking ship...BUT...if you're going for an overall 'snot' look, you should definitely do something about the exposed studs on top of the windscreen. Those and the exposed studs on the printed slope below the windscreen front are very jarring to the eye.

Oh, and you might want to swap-out that one discoloured grey piece on the forward section.

Other than that, quite nice.

Nice looking ship...BUT...if you're going for an overall 'snot' look, you should definitely do something about the exposed studs on top of the windscreen. Those and the exposed studs on the printed slope below the windscreen front are very jarring to the eye.

Oh, and you might want to swap-out that one discoloured grey piece on the forward section.

Other than that, quite nice.

Oh well, since this is already bumped... For the studs on top of the windscreen, you could use A Tile, Modified 2 x 3 with 2 Clips, and either move the windscreen forward 1 stud, or just have it stick over a bit. It's not out in light bley, but it was in blue this year. For the studs on the printed part, if you lowered it by 1 plate you could put a tile over it and remove the studs, or lower by 2 plates and move forward 1 stud and have cheese slopes on it. Of course, either would mess up the front section... I also think the engine fin woullook nicer if you had an inverted slope on the back to continue the general curve there, the reversing looks... odd... Otherwise, great fighter. I like the landing gears a lot.

Very nice! :thumbup:

Very cool!

This IS a joke right?

Either that or you're blindly posting in every active topic without even reading it.

Not cool :thumbdown:

That is a pretty righteous design and build - how about a splash of yellow somewhere? :classic:

Didn't notice the date on this until reading some other comments, it's the first time I've seen it and for selfish & nostalgic reasons I'm glad I have. My 1st thought was that it reminded me of an updated version of 918 my favourite classic space craft (even over 928) and then I saw that's exactly what it is. Lovely work Solitary Dark :thumbup: , makes me want to revisit some of my classic space sets.

Edited by Praiter Yed

When TLG brings back Classic Space I want to see vehicles like this.

Very well done. Looks clean and modern.

*thumbsup*

- Kai

Edited by SONIC883