Look at the past few years, we already got a ton of backoes...

Please remind me some that isnt small or is with pneumatics, some five years back...

I want with class tyres some monster truck with suspension and 4X4.

Please remind me some that isnt small or is with pneumatics, some five years back...

I want with class tyres some monster truck with suspension and 4X4.

I am just saying let's try to be original and not come back to the same old models every 3-5 years... and let some other ones on the side while they could be great new sets. There has been plenty of very different sets idea already !

My wishes: some road work machines[/img]

I wonder if we might see a Blaw-Knox paver in the near future, seeing as Volvo owns the company. With some method of repurposing the sprockets, it could even be a B-model for a bulldozer.

Scania P360 Firetruck is awesome, but not pink, please! :tongue:

A Forklift like Jcb or Class?

I second the Class forklift! LEGO has the license, and with that model, we could get small tractor tires with red rims, perfect to create any kind of tractor combination. And it's a perfect model for functionality and playability.

Claas telescopic handler/forklift/whatever can be easily done without new parts. Lego has the know how (and the license) to make this set easily with a fair price.

I would personally wished for really advanced combine harvestor.

claas_tucano.jpg

TLG has already collaborated with Class, so Class would be probably the most logical choice (although other brand or even non-brand one would be nice).

I would personally wished for really advanced combine harvestor.

claas_tucano.jpg

TLG has already collaborated with Class, so Class would be probably the most logical choice (although other brand or even non-brand one would be nice).

Nice idea, but not as a flagship nor even as a large set, and definitely not RC. And how would a harvester be "advanced"? all there is to it is driving around with the rotating harvest attachment which includes raising/lowering function, but still. Remember 8274 - 1000+ pieces and like 2 functions ;) With such limited functions and playability this should only working as a medium size set, tops. But could still be good!

Nice idea, but not as a flagship nor even as a large set, and definitely not RC. And how would a harvester be "advanced"? all there is to it is driving around with the rotating harvest attachment which includes raising/lowering function, but still. Remember 8274 - 1000+ pieces and like 2 functions ;) With such limited functions and playability this should only working as a medium size set, tops. But could still be good!

I would disagree. 8274 was very simple - way too simple.

possible functions from top of my head for UCH (Ultimate Combine Harvester)

- scale 1:1 to Class 5000

- drive

- steering

- lift of cutting bar.

- angle of cutting bar.

- trailer for cuttin bar - cutting bar is removable

- angle of emptying arm.

- ability to pick up bricks from the floor (harvest)

- ability to separate them according to size (B model of BWE can do that)

- small bricks go through emptying arm on e.g. Arocs bed.

- big bricks are neatly put on the floor in the lines behind UCH (ultimate combine harvester)

others small stuff:

Openable doors

tilt of the cabin - some harvestors can do that

openable dorsal cover - so you can see separation of bricks (small vs. big) inside.

hey? that seems to me like ultimate material for ultimate top end flagship. :-)

^^ We already have the large Xerion wheels, this would require a smaller version of them for the back wheels. Would also make for a good display, harvester filling a trailer carried by the xerion

Consider that most modern combine harvesters may have frontal tracks.

hqdefault.jpg

igelbild-lexion700-punkte.jpg

They are quite complex machines. The rear wheels are motorized too.

Edited by Rygar

I realize I am likely an anomaly here.... but just a perspective from an outsider.

I think one of the hallmarks of a great idea for a set is something that those who may not have mechanics, engineering, design, or the like involved in their everyday profession may have never heard of. I personally work in a totally unrelated field to mechanics, etc. and coming here, learning and building anything mechanical is certainly a refreshing break. As a result, however, I had never really heard of the Xerion Claas. Bringing it to my attention was awesome..... and therefore I will definitely get the set. I knew of BWE, but never really taken the time to research and learn of them, until now (because of 42055). Super cars, backhoes, etc. are more mundane and commonly known and therefore offer no new surprises. But.... IMHO..... sets that challenge one and makes one learn of new mechanisms or machines are great recommendations for future sets.

That's an understandable response, and one I would agree with ... mostly. But this has to be balanced with commercial appeal because ultimately Joe Public are worth far more in terms of sales (and therefore the future direction of Technic sets) than us AFOLs are, as the sold-out-in-most-places 42056 demonstrates - despite what most of us consider to be serious flaws, it is seemingly no less popular for it.

If we do see a UCS-style line for supercars and it continues the success started by the 911 GT3 RS, could we then see "space" in the regular Technic lineup for more obscure models?

What personally would be on the wishlist for me is, a technic-product-line, in which more advanced mechanical systems are mimicked.

eg;

A Vessel engine drive shaft.

Complemented with;

Engine

Gearbox

Controllable Pitch Proppelor

...Just a thought.

Boats and spaceships! I don't particularly care what kind. :grin:

A fishing boat would be nice.

635749637639898894-XXX-W2W-deadliest-catch-boat-6099-.JPG

Like the classic 8839, it could have wheels under the hull, so it can move on solid ground, and have moving fake engine and propellors. And of course, a crane.

Edited by Kaanere

I was thinking of what we had so far in the Technic line :

A lot of Buggy Cars , a lot of Loaders, some super cars, excavators, 3 fire trucks, 3 police cars, tow trucks/cars. some cranes, trucks.. etc, but we never had an ambulance ... 

We have not had a backhoe since 42004 which was too small so the last proper one was 8069 so it is time for a new one in 2018 hopefully with full rc with (possibly) of 2.0

2 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I would really like to see a supercar in smaller scale (25$ price range).

I'm afraid Lego already does that with their Speed Champions line. The scale (and consequently details) you could do for a 25$ set would make it look very lacking, in my opinion.