WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71001 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 10?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 10 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 10?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

Thanks for the review WhiteFang, it's great to be able to get some close up photos of the new series and good description of the various new parts and prints. I also love to see the pics of all series gathered together for the group shot. Very impressive. :thumbup:

This series is good, some figs here that has been long sought after. But overall it doesn't quite cut it for me, earlier series has showed that it could be done much better. My favorites in this series are the Revolutionary Soldier, Warrior Woman and the Roman Commander, but none of them are done as good as they could have been done IMO. The Rev. Soldier has a great wig and together with the torso that is all that matters to that fig, the rest is quite uninteresting. I wish they could've made something more with that fig, although finally getting a good 18th century wig makes up for almost anything. The Warrior Woman looks quite okay, nice new shield and new coloured hairpiece, but the head looks a bit weird with those cheekbones and the body looks a bit dull, despite all the detailing. The Roman Commander looks good too, but has some disadvantages compared to the Roman Legionnaire we got in Series 6. His helmet is not chromed but a dull pearl dark silver and when the Legionnaire could be used in almost limitless numbers, this Commander is probably only worth getting 2 or 3 of. Still, I like the new plume piece, that he has a cape and that his torso is very nice detailed with a small wolf head on it.

The rest of the minifigs are a mixed bunch. I like the Grandpa, Librarian, Tomahawk Warrior, Sea Captain and the Sad Clown, all got good outfits and will be useful in various builds. But the rest is quite underwhelming, especially the Skydiver and the Motorcycle Mechanic.

Because of that I'm only voting "Average", I feel TLG could've done a better job on this series, especially if you compare to the previous ones. Still "average" is good enough for me to buy a complete set and some extras of some, so I'm not saying that it is a bad series. :classic:

Thanks for the review! I think this series is 'above average.' My favorite fig is probably the revolutionary soldier. He comes with a wig, which has been sought after by Pirate fans for I don't even know how long. I am glad TLG finally gives us the wig. :sweet:

Great review as always, but I'm left a bit non-plussed by this series. It might be because I'm not in to the whole fantasy thing (ie: trolls, medusa, mermaids etc) nor the Roman era, but even the modern day figures a bit meh.

The few that hold interest for me are:

- Sea Captain

- Librarian

- Mechanic

- Decorator

- Revolutionary Solider

- Grandpa

Nice work Fangy! I'm really looking forward to the series, so many great new figures! I was rather hoping you would have gotten the gold guy. Ah well.

Once again, awesome review Fangy :sweet:

I'm pleased to see that there will be 6 romans in a box. But I wish LEGO would go back to minimum 3 of each fig pr box... Oh well. On the topic of the skydiver, I have a friend who does skydiving, and he's thrilled about that fig :wink:. Personally, I wish the fig would come with an actual parachute of some sort. Like those old plastic toy skydivers that you could throw into the air, and their attached parachute would fold itself out and land the figure slowly. Anyone remember those? :look:

Those revolutionaries are lovely! I might have to pick up an army of them! They would fit well in Les Misérables MOCs!

Too many skydivers and mechanics per box! It's sometimes fun to get CMFs at random from the store, because I don't collect them all, but it's no fun if all the interesting ones are rare and all the rubbish ones are common!

Thank you a lot for this usegull review :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fang, Wow! Your CMF reviews always blow my socks off! And thanks for spending all the time to do this as it is a personal sacrifice on your part. Many thanks again.

I am with Redhead here thinking that there are not much City useful things here; wish there were more females doing things that women do in real life. Trendsetter and Librarian will end up in my collection. Several older folks would be nice so the older fellow has someone to drink coffee and shoot the bull with. Medusa leaves me cold; she definitely won't be seen in my coffee shop. And we could use more people of color for sure. Series 9 is still my personal favorite.

Thanks for another great review! I like this new series as much as I hate the 2-4-6 scheme.

At last here is the traditional Review, and it's great as usual! Thanks for this high-quality analysis of the 10th Series!

Yet I believe that the information about worldwide launching today is a joke.))

And of course it seems bad that TLG hasn't given you Mr Gold Fig for a review. When will we see him 'in the flesh?'

After all, the series is great with such an amount of historical\mythological and simply beautiful figs. Can't wait to get them all...

The only thing I can't understand at all is why the AppStore is mentioned on the figs list.

As usual, amazing review; great pics, nice comparisons and very informative. Fantastic! :thumbup: Thanks WF!

At last here is the traditional Review, and it's great as usual! Thanks for this high-quality analysis of the 10th Series!

Yet I believe that the information about worldwide launching today is a joke.))

And of course it seems bad that TLG hasn't given you Mr Gold Fig for a review. When will we see him 'in the flesh?'

After all, the series is great with such an amount of historical\mythological and simply beautiful figs. Can't wait to get them all...

The only thing I can't understand at all is why the AppStore is mentioned on the figs list.

There is a app where you can see all the minifigs and mark which figures you own yourself.

March 19th?

Another stunning minifigure series review! Keep up the good work. If you get a Mr. Gold, will you make a small review or something? I'd like to see that, too!

-Sci

Thanks for yet another fantastic review!

I'm still not that happy about the random elements in the CM line, but that's what Bricklink is for. :wink:

But I have a very important question:

Why does the baseball glove have five fingers?

It's a common fact the minifigures only have TWO, and you could argue that those are just ridges, but I don't even want to think about where that guy's second "finger" goes.

That's just kinda funny, don't know why. :blush:

..."american influences" ... "a blue Clown"...

I don't mean to be rude, but with all due respect that clown has nothing to belong to american culture.

That's actually a "Pierrot" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierrot and it belongs to the italian culture, we are actually very famous for having our inventions usually attributed to someone else (like telephone, many americans believe Bell invented it...) ;)

Sorry if I was rude.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Thanks for the fantastic and thorough review. This is definitely my all time favourite series. Might have to Bricklink a box of 30... I'm guessing now the seller would comb through its contents looking for the chase figure. Such a shame, as if including army building figures didn't sell enough.

As always a great review with top quality pictures. Although not my favourite series, I do hope these will continue for a long, long time.

I like how the review groups together the themes and over time these have become larger as a new character is added...

Hopefully the circus will get a strong man and there will be more sports included and we soon get some musicians. I do like how there are a good deal of 'everyday' town people like the librarian, grandpa and decorator in this series, like the waiter, plumber and roller skater in Series 9. Hopefully, we will see a fishmonger, bellhop, carpenter, air hostess and some more older people (like Grandpa and Seriess Grandmother) and kids (school, on the beach, birthday party...) to populate our towns and build more families in future series.

As the review highlights, there is always something for everyone, whicever theme you enjoy.

Always a pleasure to read your reviews, thanks!

The baseball player, the Bee-lady and the captain have my vote for nicest figures in this series

This is possibly my favorite series.

Thanks for such a complete review WF.

LEGO really needs to knock it off with the stupid idea of having only two complete sets in a box. More so with ones people might actually want a lot of, like series 9 forest maid.

Thank you everyone for your insightful comments and thoughts which you have shared in this review. It has always been a great pleasure to be working on this kind of project to be able to share and identify the areas which you will be most interested in the CMFs. I am just happy to know that your encouragement and support is very much important to me, to keep me going for many many weeks to put this mammoth review altogether!

Btw I think TLG should give Whitefang a special Mr Gold figure, for making these awesome CMF reviews :grin:

Like yourself and some other EB members who have mentioned, Mr.Gold remain an important minifigure which I hope and wish to be able to obtain it 'somehow' one day, by chance or miracle, to have the complete CMF collection ever. Of course, if I ever own it, I will definitely do a review for it.

Personally, I wish the fig would come with an actual parachute of some sort. Like those old plastic toy skydivers that you could throw into the air, and their attached parachute would fold itself out and land the figure slowly. Anyone remember those? :look:

Yea, I remembered those!!

Hopefully the circus will get a strong man and there will be more sports included and we soon get some musicians. I do like how there are a good deal of 'everyday' town people like the librarian, grandpa and decorator in this series, like the waiter, plumber and roller skater in Series 9. Hopefully, we will see a fishmonger, bellhop, carpenter, air hostess and some more older people (like Grandpa and Seriess Grandmother) and kids (school, on the beach, birthday party...) to populate our towns and build more families in future series.

Same here and I am seeing lots of great potential beyond Series 11! There are many marco themes that can be put together through many other different CMFs series.

Cannot wait. Going to kill myself or go broke trying for a Golden Mini. I said it before, first one I see on Ebay for under 1k I'm buying :D