10 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Are you kidding me about the RC Tracked Racer? £74.99 for 370 pieces? No way are PF components worth that! Unbelievable! Just unbelievable! :thumbdown:

I totally agree! Outrage! Sure, there is a lot of PF elements, but the price is not proportional to previous PF heavy sets. By that logic how much would Volvo cost?!!

Looking at the prices (42066 still missing from EU S&H), I'm definitely going to buy the bike (reasonably priced compared to 42036 and I like bikes) and the jet (how many Technic jets are there?). I may pick up the ship at some point in the future, just because there aren't many ships in Technic line, but the amount of small elements (helicopter, crane, sea explorer) and the sticker windows are putting me off. But I'm gonna wait for what the 2H brings before considering the ship at all. If it's anything like the past two years, I will have my budget pretty strained already. Definitely not picking up the Racer (maaaaaaaybe 50% off) and the smaller sets just don't have the display value that I need.

42065 is already down to 77,52€ on Amazon.de...and given the price I ended paying for the Volvo by just waiting...I would say this will end going 60-65€ on Amazon quite regularly ;)

Anyway, I don't think moaning about the price of new lego sets is the point of this topic :wink:

I can still remember how people went berserk about BWE having 229.99 EUR as RRP. And it has been on amazon.de for 180 - 190 EUR for several months now. So if you can't afford much, just wait (and check amazon.de regularly)!

Regarding the Ship, the openable Deck is at the Aft where the celebration brick is located. The Panels are connected at the side and one can use this as dive / Offshore vessel. Never seen until now in real Life but a lot ROV or dive vessels with openings at lowest Deck but covered Inside the vessel. A bit strange Design but at least after the two Creator Sets (Maersk) and the tug (supply vessel) an big Technic ship.

Edited by Hefe
t9 on- mistakes ereased

13 hours ago, Huaojozu said:

the bike (reasonably priced compared to 42036 and I like bikes)

Ill agree that the price seems fair for the rather complex model, but im not that happy with the complexity/price creep in technic bikes. 42007 was €30, 42036 €40, and now we have €55 for the BMW..

The same urge to make the same type of models ever more complex pretty much ruined star wars for me, the A-wing has gone from ~120 to 350+ pieces in 15 years, add inflation and disney tax and im looking at €55 for what should be a small fighter set.

Im hoping technic doesnt do the same..

Merging this topic with the 2017 discussion topic.

Bike and roadcrew just arrived here... one more day of work tomorrow and then a perfect start for the holidays!

A question about the 42061 Telehandler.  It isn't released yet here in the US, but will be first of the month.  Before I buy it and open the box, rendering it unable to return, I have a question about the lowering of the boom.  From what I can tell in several pics of it, it looks like the boom when lowered fully doesn't seem to allow the shovel to touch the ground?  In one viewpoint showing the mini-LA almost fully retracted as the boom is lowered down, it doesn't look like the shovel will reach the ground with said shovel flat on the ground.  For anybody who has recently bought it overseas, is this the case?  I really don't want to spend my money on a telehandler that doesn't fully lower the shovel flat.  

Appreciate any replies..thanks.

3 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

From what I can tell in several pics of it, it looks like the boom when lowered fully doesn't seem to allow the shovel to touch the ground?

From Sariel's review, it appears the shovel can indeed touch the ground:

Anyway, as with all LEGO sets, if you don't like some aspect you can always mod it. :wink:

12 hours ago, AVCampos said:

From Sariel's review, it appears the shovel can indeed touch the ground:

Anyway, as with all LEGO sets, if you don't like some aspect you can always mod it. :wink:

Thanks, yes, I discovered Sariel's review late last night and watching him lower the boom, I did see it does touch the ground.  But of course like you said, it can be modded.  Having the 8283 Telehandler from 2006, I modified that model with forks instead of a shovel. Sorry about including the pic and vid link, for some reason I couldn't highlight and delete it.  

On 11/15/2016 at 10:35 AM, Maaboo35 said:

Well, we're still waiting on info for 42061 and 42066, so 42051 or whatever number to which it's going to be assigned is probably taking a back seat here. I think it being released is highly unlikely myself.

Real shame it seems Lego scrapped the 42051, that would have been a good seller.  I definitely would have purchased it.

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted video. No need to quote it from a previous post.

Indeed, I was all like "Is this 2h info?" Only to be disappointed by how it's just Sariel's review, which has it's own thread.

3 days after release and the ship is already down to 80 EUR from 90 EUR.

And ship's unboxing + a close browse through the instruction:

The grey 3x11 panels in the aft are not openable.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Lego S@H are on the ball, I ordered on Wednesday the ocean explorer, telehandler and container stacker choosing the free delivery abd they've just arrived - I'm in the UK and amazed - my little boy saw the pictures of the ship on here abd went wow (he's only 4) so that should keep us busy on Christmas Day :-)

I cannot wait for them to put the rest of the instructions online, so that poor buggers such as myself can build vicariously through eyeballing.

For those in Germany: You can get the new lego technic sets for a very good price.  

https://www.galeria-kaufhof.de/markenwelt/lego/technic/

If you are member of Payback (Loyalty program in Germany) and buy 4 items in one order, you will get 25% price reduction on all items (and yes you can add 3 very cheap items beside your lego purchase). And you can use in addition to that coupons (I had a couple of 10% coupons).

The 42065 is already reduced to 69,99€. With all the price reductions I've ended up paying 47,24€ for the set. For that I've abandoned my plans to build it from already available parts. :)

Promotion runs out tomorrow December 24th.

LEGO

LEGO® Technic Ferngesteuerter Tracked Racer 42065

79,99 € / 69,99 €

Artikelnummer: 5702015869720

Anzahl: 1

69,99 €
(010462 Rabatt) -7,00 €
(012634 Mengenrab.) -15,75 €

47,24 €

On 12/22/2016 at 0:20 PM, DarkShadow73 said:
On 12/22/2016 at 0:20 PM, DarkShadow73 said:

@Milan - and did you actually read my note at the top.  If not, here it is:  Sorry about including the pic and vid link, for some reason I couldn't highlight and delete it.  Maybe next time you should read the entire reply before making somebody look bad in front of many other members.

Edited by DarkShadow73
Needed to add to reply