Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Wow, what a disappointment!
The wings should be larger and the whole build slicker. The wings are way too much inclined and the rings looks awful with the transparent pieces.
They made a Delta-7B instead of the Delta-7 from episode II.
Sad because I really wanted the Delta 7 from episode II. It is such a beautiful ship!
Some will say that there is always people that are complaining but this is an horrible rendition of the ship. I don't know how Lego can make awesome sets like the UCS snowspeeder and then mess up like this set. I know the snowspeeder is an UCS but this build is not even close to the source material even by system scale standards.
One less item on my wishlist I guess...

The ring is bigger than I expected. Don't think I'll be getting that set.

On 22/04/2017 at 1:07 PM, ChristopherLee said:

This also means we likely won't get an AOTC Slave 1 anytime soon now.

On 22/04/2017 at 6:08 PM, Artizan said:

the inclusion of Jango and Boba means only one thing: we are not getting an ep2 slave 1 any time soon.

On 23/04/2017 at 1:36 AM, GryffindorResistance said:

It does stink that a Jango Slave 1 is probably not coming soon because they are included in the set...

I thought the same as soon as I saw the pics. Not that it bothers me, just an observation.

On 23/04/2017 at 1:26 AM, Fuppylodders said:

Anyways,  where has this talk of a slave 1 come from? Have I missed a rumour, or is that people concluding that a 'hoped for' ship likely is now guaranteed a long way off (if at all) due to the minifig line up in the boost ring? 

No rumour, just dashed remote hopes.

I think the only Jango Slave I I'd be interested in would be one like the current UCS one, just a recolor basically. Idunno, I can't personally revisit the ship after that amazing set, one of the best Star Wars sets ever! 

A Jango Slave I has a lot to compete against. As much as people like Jango, Boba will always be first (well, adult non-annoying version).

I enjoy the concept very much! I am troubled by the execution of the ship itself but light modding should work. I wouldn't pay more than $50 though simply because I find it easier to BL parts and figures now. Meanwhile I'll hold my breath for TLJ sets and possibly later in the year BF2 sets.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

I enjoy the concept very much! I am troubled by the execution of the ship itself but light modding should work. I wouldn't pay more than $50 though simply because I find it easier to BL parts and figures now. Meanwhile I'll hold my breath for TLJ sets and possibly later in the year BF2 sets.

BF2 sets would be cool. Good for troop builders.

How early, in relation to the release of the first game, did we get indications of the battle packs based upon the game? Because as of now, I don't think we have 'missing set numbers' for any comparable battle packs soon.

15 hours ago, duboismerci said:

Wow, what a disappointment!
The wings should be larger and the whole build slicker. The wings are way too much inclined and the rings looks awful with the transparent pieces.
They made a Delta-7B instead of the Delta-7 from episode II.
Sad because I really wanted the Delta 7 from episode II. It is such a beautiful ship!
Some will say that there is always people that are complaining but this is an horrible rendition of the ship. I don't know how Lego can make awesome sets like the UCS snowspeeder and then mess up like this set. I know the snowspeeder is an UCS but this build is not even close to the source material even by system scale standards.
One less item on my wishlist I guess...

completley agree. I didn't think it was possible for a lego model from 2017 to look this much worse than one from 2002, but apparently that's not the case. It looks like the basic design of 9498 has been copied and recoloured, which makes no sense because they are two representations of two quite different ships. Add to this the likely astronomical price, this is a stinker.

I can't say I'm a fan of this one. Certainly looks more like a delta-7B with the droid on the side. I'll buy it for the new episode 2 obi-wan, young boba, and hyperspace ring and just mod my Khatmorg Delta-7 to fit in it. 

6 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

How early, in relation to the release of the first game, did we get indications of the battle packs based upon the game? Because as of now, I don't think we have 'missing set numbers' for any comparable battle packs soon.

We found out when 2016 winter rumors came out. So probably late summer/early fall.

I personally don't get all the negativity for the delta 7. For the price maybe, but we don't know that for certain, but I think the model looks fine to me, and (if it's the same size as the other Delta 7's) it fits in well with the other star wars ships of that scale. I think people's expectations were too high for this set, remember this is a official Lego set, they have to make the build simple enough for kids to follow, so they can't design a model with the same methods as some of the other mocs of this ship. At the very least we get some nice printed/stickered parts for and nice/mods people want to do. The hyperdrive ring it's self looks decent enough too. Clear technic beams are always nice to get, and it's an improvement over the last one that didn't really have a good place to hold onto to "swoosh" it.

Edited by IronFish

17 minutes ago, IronFish said:

I personally don't get all the negativity for the delta 7. For the price maybe, but we don't know that for certain, but I think the model looks fine to me, and (if it's the same size as the other Delta 7's) it fits in well with the other star wars ships of that scale. I think people's expectations were too high for this set, remember this is a official Lego set, they have to make the build simple enough for kids to follow, so they can't design a model with the same methods as some of the other mocs of this ship. At the very least we get some nice printed/stickered parts for and nice/mods people want to do. The hyperdrive ring it's self looks decent enough too. Clear technic beams are always nice to get, and it's an improvement over the last one that didn't really have a good place to hold onto to "swoosh" it.

I think the issue here is that TLG is clearly capable of better. Building techniques have evolved considerably and there are a ton of specialized parts now available to produce more accurate representations of ship designs, even in smaller, kid-focused sets. This feels like someone phoned it in from a decade ago. I don't expect perfection in non-UCS sets, but I do expect TLG to continually improve upon what they've previously released.... take the Rogue One AT-ST for example: it's not perfect by a long shot, but it is head and tails better than the previous scout walker. Obviously, scale has to get fudged a bit in any set, but there are ways to do so without compromising design. The First Order Troop Transport is about ⅔ the length it should be, but it still looks like the in-movie design. 

Having said all that, the hyperspace ring is fine, though I'm hoping the clear grip is removable for display purposes... I for one will probably pick this up once it goes on sale and hope that enough people post MODs to fix the engorged cockpit and diminutive wings. 

If they do any Battlefront 2 battlepacks, who hopes for a Inferno Squad Battlepack. Knowing LEGO they wouldn't include the pouldrons though lol.

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

If they do any Battlefront 2 battlepacks, who hopes for a Inferno Squad Battlepack. Knowing LEGO they wouldn't include the pouldrons though lol.

I hope that they actually do real battlepacks with army builders we haven't gotten yet, instead of a named character pack that you buy once and may not even like the characters included.

More likely it will be similar to last time with one more specialized and some more generic eg An inferno squad member with 2 sullust stormtroopers and an imperial navy trooper (an example of varied bp not a wishlist :P ) and now that there actually doing more eras we might get new clones but I'll stop now before I start wishlisting.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Well, I think a Scarif Trooper battle pack will be likely for next year, so Im a bit hesitate to start army building them at the present price level at BL. 

BTW I saw that this thread was started 25th may last year, but did the first rumor come that very same day as well?

2 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

58 minutes ago, Forest westly said:

I hope that they actually do real battlepacks with army builders we haven't gotten yet, instead of a named character pack that you buy once and may not even like the characters included.

I hope people stop adding wishlist comments in this thread...

25 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

BTW I saw that this thread was started 25th may last year, but did the first rumor come that very same day as well?

If I remember correctly this thread started as a split from the 2016 thread on July 4th due to the Yoda's Hut rumor, which later turned out to be false. Since then the mods have decided to install themselves as the OP of every rumor thread, so the current OP must have been made beforehand and later merged. 

Edited by BrickJagger

Did everyone get the mail with the may the fourth event with R2D2 polybag announcement?

4 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

A user in the LEGO Star Wars Builders Gather Facebook group has gotten his hands on the summer 2017 Freemaker sets somehow. 

Cool, thanks.

I checked it out - the group member met the The Freemaker Adventures producers who were building the sets he and took  afew photos. Note of the build though.

Edited by LEGOscum
update

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

Did everyone get the mail with the may the fourth event with R2D2 polybag announcement?

I did! I thought it was interesting how lego threw that into the mail to promote it. PS: I got it a week ago if that means anything different, :laugh:.

18 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I hope people stop adding wishlist comments in this thread...

:grin:

any idea if during those 40% discount days there will be also a discount on some UCS set, or only those small ones?