darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

3 minutes ago, makoy said:

At first glance I thought you were seriously supporting that idea.

What I want is Ewoks battle pack 

That I could even get behind. I could use some if I ever get around to build my Endor diorama for the Tydirium... the problem with that is it wouldn't play out well if they just released a bunch of ewoks with the very same painting an accessories like stormies. 

44 minutes ago, brobert said:

That I could even get behind. I could use some if I ever get around to build my Endor diorama for the Tydirium... the problem with that is it wouldn't play out well if they just released a bunch of ewoks with the very same painting an accessories like stormies. 

I have a bunch of the generic Ewok soldiers... and like you said, it won't work if they just put the same Ewoks previously released. They can do a different printing or colour, it they do release that. 

I could see the Bart slingshot piece being used. I don't remember if they had slingshots in the movie, but in the original video game the ewoks and wicket all had slingshots if I recall. Then some spears would fit.  It'd be a nice battlepack

This is way in the future but I could see some nice stuff coming from the Han Solo movie. Possibly new stuff on all of the classic bounty hunters. Maybe even new Jabba stuff. Probably yet another Millennium Falcon. That's all speculation though. I'd just like a cheap way to get some of the bounty hunters like Bossk, 4-lom, Zuckuss, and even Ig-88 type droids. I regret not getting the old battlepack that had 5 of them(IG-88) :sceptic:

Either way just brainstorming some ways those minifigs could appear in future sets. It's unlikely but stranger things have happened.

I would love to see an Ewok battle pack, esp. if it came with a glider or catapult. But I don't think it's all that likely, since the minifigs would not be generic enough to warrant collectors buying multiple packs (which I have to assume is built into the battle pack sales model)... even if they are 4 all-new or repainted Ewoks, they'd still be distinct enough that you wouldn't want 2-3 of each. I'd also like to see a new Endor bunker set, but with the (very similar) Scarif bunker coming for Rogue One, I doubt we'd see a second bunker any time soon.

22 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

501st battle pack would sell like no other!!!!!!

501st, plain Phase 1 Troopers (as in a proper set of 4, not that silly "X vs Y" stuff), plain Phase 2 Troopers...you'd have to wonder what exactly is stopping them? Do they think it'll cannibalize sales of other sets because it's just "too cool"? I can see them absolutely flying off of shelves a lot faster than something as obscure as shadow troopers or as plain as Resistance soldiers.

4 hours ago, eliminator said:

Another vote for Ewok battle pack.

I designed one on LDD before. Came with a small tree with a incorporated flick fire missile. May upload one day to show y'all :)

I'm quite enjoying re-watching the Prequel Triliogy for the first time in years, so here are a few (and very wishfull) suggestions:

I:

Gian Speeder - Boss Nass, Royal Guard, Padme (black clothes) (£30)

Royal Starship - Amidala (black dress), Padme (orange handmaiden robes), Captain Panaka, Ric Olie, Battle Droid (similar to the 2016 Sith Infiltraror)

II:

Acclamator - Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Clone Trooper, Battle Droid x2 (£100)

Hardcell - Pablo-Jill, San Hill, super battle droid (£30)

III:

UT-AT - with Ki-Adi-Mundi, Commander Bacara, Marine x2, Battle Droid x2 (Similar to 2016's Turbo Tank price and piece count wise)

Battle on Utapau - Commander Cody, 212 Trooper (not airborne) and Tion Medon vs. a Muckraker (£30)

With the introduction of the Eraser in the Batman Movie CMF series, can we maybe expect an updated IG-88? Eraser's head would make an excellent IG-88 head, right?

9 hours ago, Seaber said:

UT-AT - with Ki-Adi-Mundi, Commander Bacara, Marine x2, Battle Droid x2 (Similar to 2016's Turbo Tank price and piece count wise)

Galactic marines set yes please

I have a list of a few Rogue One sets I'd love to see made... But to respect those who haven't seen it yet I'll wait a bit longer to talk about the spoilers relating to future sets. Can't wait to hear all your opinions!

I've been longing for a new TIE Defender ever since it has been made canon, and also a new god-damn Cloud City. We haven't had a full-size Cloud Car or TIE Bomber for ages, either.

What I've always wanted though is a huge Empire vs Rebellion set - a midi-scale Super Star Destroyer, one or two midi-scale Star Destroyers, and maybe 2 or 3 Rebel ships, like a Blockade Runner or a Mon Calamari ship. I'd also like it to have a nice assortment of figs, like Ackbar, Admiral Piett, Vader, maybe Leia, Thrawn (get the insignia right, this time, LEGO) and a variation of Rebel and Imperial officers.

Lastly, new Jango's Slave 1. We've had about 4 Boba Slave 1's now, I think, but only one of Jango's.

6 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I've been longing for a new TIE Defender ever since it has been made canon, and also a new god-damn Cloud City. We haven't had a full-size Cloud Car or TIE Bomber for ages, either.

What I've always wanted though is a huge Empire vs Rebellion set - a midi-scale Super Star Destroyer, one or two midi-scale Star Destroyers, and maybe 2 or 3 Rebel ships, like a Blockade Runner or a Mon Calamari ship. I'd also like it to have a nice assortment of figs, like Ackbar, Admiral Piett, Vader, maybe Leia, Thrawn (get the insignia right, this time, LEGO) and a variation of Rebel and Imperial officers.

Lastly, new Jango's Slave 1. We've had about 4 Boba Slave 1's now, I think, but only one of Jango's.

Holy crap that Empire vs rebels set would be great, but just imagine the price tag on that shit :cry_happy:

Would be a good UCS idea though. 

Warning: Spoilers Ahead!

There are a few Rogue One sets that I would love to see

Hammerhead Cruiser Rebel Commander, 2x Rebel Troopers, Admiral Raddus, Mon Calamari Rebel Technician $100

Imperial Cargo Ship Bodhi Rook, 1x Stormtrooper, 2x Deathtrooopers, Baze Malbus $70

Saw Gerrera's Den Saw Gerrera, Jin Erso, Two Tubes, hologram Galen Erso $30

Rebel Base on Yavin IV Jin Erso, Cassian Andor, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, General Dodanna $50

Jedha Rebels Battlepack 2x Droid Rebel Fighters, 2x Rebel Fighters $13

Minior Spoilers

Saw Guerrerra's Den seems to be an universal demand hahaha, it's juste a shame he doesn't do much. 

I'll take anything based on the movie: there is so much content, IMAGINE getting a shoehorned Ponda Baba and Saw's alien captain. A new standard Tie would be nice.., and X-wing... and.... :D

A few more from the Prequel Trilogy:

I:

Trade Federation control ship - Obi-Wan, Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Tey How, Pilot Battle Droid, Security Battle Droid, Pk Droid (£100)

Trade Federation Lander - Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, Commander Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Mini MTT, AAT, PAC (£80)

II:

SPHA-T - Adi Gallia, Bultar Swan, Wat Tambor, Clone Trooper, Geonosian Battle Droid (£80)

Coruscant Speeder Chase - Zam Wessel, Zam's Droid, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Typho (£50)

III:

Invisible Hand - Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Grievous, Super Battle Droid x2 (£100)

Wookiee Attack - Catamaran and smaller ship - Chewing, Yoda, Tarrful, Wookiee Warrior, 41St trooper

I really wish Lego released Rebels version of Maul and new Season 3 versions of Zeb and Ezra! So this is my solution to get all of them : Maul's Mandalorian Starfighter! 40-50$ set with all aforementioned minifigures plus Sabine. This way we get both new Mandalorian Starfighter( in red!) and some missing Rebels characters! 

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I really wish Lego released Rebels version of Maul and new Season 3 versions of Zeb and Ezra! So this is my solution to get all of them : Maul's Mandalorian Starfighter! 40-50$ set with all aforementioned minifigures plus Sabine. This way we get both new Mandalorian Starfighter( in red!) and some missing Rebels characters! 

What , you don't like that every set includes Chopper, a frownie storm trooper and an helmet-less Sabine with wrong skin tone? :D

The rebels line mini-fig has not been the greatest, let's hope it changes. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

What , you don't like that every set includes Chopper, a frownie storm trooper and an helmet-less Sabine with wrong skin tone? :D

The rebels line mini-fig has not been the greatest, let's hope it changes. 

Tbh Chopper has only appeared in 3 sets, and angry clone face for Stormie is a norm right now. And I've got Sabine's helmet from 2015 set ( but it's in wrong color, red instead of purple/pink). New Kanan looks great with that mask mold. And if Lego makes new Maul he has to have double molded arms with tattoo print, so pretty detailed! Same for Zeb he just needs to be updated with faun legs and double molded arms. Tbh I'm surprised they include Kanan in new Phantom, since he required new mold, when they could have included S3 Ezra who needs no new molds. But unless  we get any new sets in summer wave ( retail exclusive?) I guess my custom Maul will have to suffice.

This isn't really a desire for a future set, but most of us here have identified that Thrawn's rank insignia is wrong - what's the bettings LEGO release a more expensive set with Thrawn with the correct insignia this time, to make the current Thrawn outdated? LEGO surely know they can milk money, especially out of us AFOL's, from people for Thrawn since a lot of people have been longing for him, and since this version is a little inaccurate, making another, more expensive set with the correct prints I guess would be something of a smart (but dirty) move, from a business standpoint.

I also think that a Mandalorian Starfighter would be a great idea for a set, especially with an updated Maul. Also, it'd be nice to get a new OT TIE Fighter. I know we've had the TFA and UCS TIE's since the last one, but the former is different from the normal one in a few different ways and the UCS one is way too expensive. I believe the last one was in 2012, so nearly 5 years ago now. It'd be nice to get a new one, and maybe have someone from Rebels in there (Governor Price, maybe? I dunno, just plucking names out, really).

8 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

This isn't really a desire for a future set, but most of us here have identified that Thrawn's rank insignia is wrong - what's the bettings LEGO release a more expensive set with Thrawn with the correct insignia this time, to make the current Thrawn outdated? LEGO surely know they can milk money, especially out of us AFOL's, from people for Thrawn since a lot of people have been longing for him, and since this version is a little inaccurate, making another, more expensive set with the correct prints I guess would be something of a smart (but dirty) move, from a business standpoint.

*snip*

Well when they messed up Kanan's hair piece color in the original Ghost I believe they reissued him a new piece. (Not sure if that made them also reprint the color of his gotee) but they did revise it mid-run I believe. Who is to say we won't get a new iteration of Thrawn in the same model later? 

But I am not sure how much more precedent there is for that in LEGO. It seems expensive to shift to mid-production. 

Edited by Japanbuilder

17 hours ago, Seaber said:

A few more from the Prequel Trilogy:

I:

Trade Federation control ship - Obi-Wan, Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Tey How, Pilot Battle Droid, Security Battle Droid, Pk Droid (£100)

Trade Federation Lander - Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, Commander Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Mini MTT, AAT, PAC (£80)

II:

SPHA-T - Adi Gallia, Bultar Swan, Wat Tambor, Clone Trooper, Geonosian Battle Droid (£80)

Coruscant Speeder Chase - Zam Wessel, Zam's Droid, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Typho (£50)

III:

Invisible Hand - Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Grievous, Super Battle Droid x2 (£100)

Wookiee Attack - Catamaran and smaller ship - Chewing, Yoda, Tarrful, Wookiee Warrior, 41St trooper

I would be super excited to get any of these sets. I would highly recommend the original Wookiee Catamaran if you ever get a chance to buy it. It's a really solid build and looks great on display.

The Hammerhead Corvette is now at the top of my wantlist. Right behind a Tantive IV.