What the frick Jim? Get used to one and you change it again, and again, and again! LOL! It's a surprise every other day I log in! Next one should be a #5 connector, just make sure nobody can get a red one! Joking aside, thank you Jim for keeping us on topic!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :classic:

Edited by pyro690

The 16Z gears are looking good, the 8Z ones look a bit like 8-pointed stars *huh*.  Thanks Jim for the improvements and hard work!

Well, a pub is the place where you occasionally are sobbing bitterly into your beer, or asking for advice. I create topics for my creations, like my Ultimate 42065, and get no interest. What am I doing wrong here? No matter what I try, my topics just get no replies.:cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad: Do any of you guys have any advice?

Sincerely, a confused Saberwing.

4 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Well, a pub is the place where you occasionally are sobbing bitterly into your beer, or asking for advice. I create topics for my creations, like my Ultimate 42065, and get no interest. What am I doing wrong here? No matter what I try, my topics just get no replies.:cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad: Do any of you guys have any advice?

I seen some topics with great MOCs, but there's nothing to say more. Or i can reply with "Wow, awesome MOC", but it's kind of boring. My own topics get some replies any time, but i always have some flaws in my MOCs, like twisting beams, ugly rollcages e t.c. I think leaving a room for a critics or questions is a key for generating replies)

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Please don't feel offended...but here's what I think:

Not sure about your other topics, but this one doesn't look very appealing. You haven't posted a picture of the actual model, or a video. What draws people into a topic is a nice presentation, which means some pictures, a video etc. Half of the people will probably skip this topic without reading any of it.

Calling a model Ultimate is something Jurgen has started, by vastly improving upon an already great model. I am not sure whether your creation justifies the term Ultimate 42065, since it doesn't even resemble the original 42065. This is more of a C-model than an Ultimate.

Furthermore you are talking about a subtractor mechanism and suspension, yet you don't show the mechanisms. Since that's what makes it interesting, it would be cool to elaborate on that. 

Add these things together and people will quickly skip your topic. Hope I don't sound to harsh, just some honest observations. YMMV.

And last but not least....presentation! Presentation is key. Or did I already mention that :wink: 

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Maybe your creations are soo amazing people are stunned into silence and can no longer speak, er....type?

4 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

I seen some topics with great MOCs, but there's nothing to say more. Or i can reply with "Wow, awesome MOC", but it's kind of boring. My own topics get some replies any time, but i always have some flaws in my MOCs, like twisting beams, ugly rollcages e t.c. I think leaving a room for a critics or questions is a key for generating replies)

"Wow, awesome MOC"  - you nailed it, the modding dosent allow for people to say that without saying something longer or contributing to the thread, such replies are considered spam, which is very wrong and discourages people from replying to topics.

Lets be honest, "wow, awesome" is what you wanna read in your topic, isn't? I do. 

42 minutes ago, J_C said:

Lets be honest, "wow, awesome" is what you wanna read in your topic, isn't? I do. 

Seriously? I prefer replies that leads to some conversations. Questions, suggestions...

11 minutes ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Seriously? I prefer replies that leads to some conversations. Questions, suggestions...

that is also nice and useful, but I would not dismiss simple "wow, that is nice etc". It is nice feedback for whom decide to publish something and it is better than no reaction. It is nice (IMO) to leave even such banal reply like "wow, that is nice". Not everything has to be constructive criticism or conversation enhancing questions.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the page buttons never work for me. Each time I have to click on a certain page button and then reload the page. I only experience this in the technic forum, which is rather strange.

4 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the page buttons never work for me. Each time I have to click on a certain page button and then reload the page. I only experience this in the technic forum, which is rather strange.

That happens to me also, I just use the middle button on my mouse to open new pages, or hit left-control and left click to open a new page.

We are still working on it. Sorry this is taking so long :hmpf_bad:

I didn't get much reply on my suspention question for my second Actros unfortunately. And didn't get much help from other expert builder, sadly. Still breaking sweat over it, probably end up using same suspention as the original or will buy the leafsprings from Efferman on Shapeways.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

Please don't feel offended...but here's what I think:

---

And last but not least....presentation! Presentation is key. Or did I already mention that :wink: 

I didn't want to quote the whole thing.

No, I'm not offended. I asked for an honest opinion, and I got one. Well, at least I know that presentation is something I can fix, so that is something I will work on.

Thank you Jim.:classic:

3 hours ago, Jim said:

We are still working on it. Sorry this is taking so long :hmpf_bad:

Okay, good to know. Better late than never :-)

Well, people come from different time zones. You have posted your topic late night for guys in Europe and followed up on a morning, which is when everyone are getting to their work, etc.. This time I assume, from my experience, is the least busy during the day. I would start worrying after full 24h cycle without any replies.

I think many EB users are lurkers.  They prefer to look at stuff and not wish to comment.  So if your view count for the post is going up, that means people are at least looking at it.  :wink:

Posting at the beginning of the weekend can help too.  Some people may only have time to browse the forum on the weekends.  That way your post is near the top.  You can ask open ended questions in your presentation to encourage people to have a discussion with you if that is what you're after instead of the awesome, great, nice type of comments.  I am fine with receiving nice, awesome, etc. and would not want to discourage that.  My latest MOC received a "I am at a loss for words."  :laugh:

20 hours ago, J_C said:

that is also nice and useful, but I would not dismiss simple "wow, that is nice etc". It is nice feedback for whom decide to publish something and it is better than no reaction. It is nice (IMO) to leave even such banal reply like "wow, that is nice". Not everything has to be constructive criticism or conversation enhancing questions.

I completely agree with this. seeing "Wow that's awesome" from builders I respect the crap out of is actually driving me to post anything. Otherwise I would just build for myself. Criticism is nice, but with a finished model it doesn't have too much use (at least for me. If I call a model finished, than I'll only enhance anything if I make instructions). I learn from my own mistakes and maybe I'm arrogant, but I usually discover those mistakes better than people who only see pictures.

I think there was a topic about different possible wheel+tire combinations , could someone help me finding it? I was searching it for some time now , but no success 

What about Sariel's wheel chart? It covers pretty much the combinations, except third party tires, and possible, but illegal ones.

http://wheels.sariel.pl/

Hope it helps You further.

I remember a topic about non-standard wheel+tire combos , I wanted to post two illegal combinations, but google nor EB itself can't find the topic . But thanks for the help.

17 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

No, I'm not offended. I asked for an honest opinion, and I got one. Well, at least I know that presentation is something I can fix, so that is something I will work on.

Thank you Jim.:classic:

:sweet: :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

Sorry for swearing yesterday....

Apologies accepted :thumbup: