ItsaBRICKS

MOC - Tan Townhouse

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting one of my creations in the Town forum.

I have a Tan Townhouse that I'd like to offer up for comments and constructive criticism. No interior yet, that's the next step.

Overview

Bd0Pa4t.jpg

Bottom Floor

LcG2fQZ.jpg

Second Floor

FIdqifQ.jpg

Third Floor and Roof

yYRQmeD.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

It looks good. I think it needs some more colors. Maybe it just needs curtains for the windows and a sign or flags or something on the roof?

Very nice! Clean and attractive build.

Just as ideas, I might add some 1x1 dark red plates so the bottom of the canopy is flush, and perhaps do a mosaic doormat of 1x1 tiles in place of the two tan 2x2 tiles. That could be a way to inject a little color in. Flower boxes on the upper windows might be another way -- but I very much like it as it is!

Nice! My favourite part is the ground floor, and I also like the brown feature stripes on the next two levels and how you have done the roof.

For the upper two floors, I'd suggest adding another 1 or two rows of bricks to increase the height of these floors a little. This would also allow for a bit more of the tan to be included.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the interior.

It is a nice house. I have two questions:

-Why is the canopy over the door and not over the window? That seems more logical. By the way, no need for the underside of the canopy to be flush IMHO.

-What are the two 1x4 dark red tiles above the window? Just trim?

For the upper two floors, I'd suggest adding another 1 or two rows of bricks to increase the height of these floors a little.

I agree with Kristel about the additional height. I think it'd make a big positive difference to how this building looks from street level. But that's my only observation as I do like the overall look and feel to the building.

It looks good. I think it needs some more colors. Maybe it just needs curtains for the windows and a sign or flags or something on the roof?

Thanks for the comment. I agree about the more colors. I'll look at some ways to add some more.

Very nice! Clean and attractive build.

Just as ideas, I might add some 1x1 dark red plates so the bottom of the canopy is flush, and perhaps do a mosaic doormat of 1x1 tiles in place of the two tan 2x2 tiles. That could be a way to inject a little color in. Flower boxes on the upper windows might be another way -- but I very much like it as it is!

A doormat wold definitely help inject some color. Thanks for the suggestion! Hadn't thought of that.

Nice! My favourite part is the ground floor, and I also like the brown feature stripes on the next two levels and how you have done the roof.

For the upper two floors, I'd suggest adding another 1 or two rows of bricks to increase the height of these floors a little. This would also allow for a bit more of the tan to be included.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the interior.

Yeah, definitely another row of tan could be added. I just ran out of bricks I had on hand and need to make another Bricklink order.

It is a nice house. I have two questions:

-Why is the canopy over the door and not over the window? That seems more logical. By the way, no need for the underside of the canopy to be flush IMHO.

-What are the two 1x4 dark red tiles above the window? Just trim?

I'm not really sure why I put the canopy over the door and not the window as I look back at my design. And I kind of like the non-flush aspect. The two 1x4 red tiles are just a little bit of trim and detailing.

I agree with Kristel about the additional height. I think it'd make a big positive difference to how this building looks from street level. But that's my only observation as I do like the overall look and feel to the building.

Yeah, I'll definitely add a couple more rows. It is actually as tall as both of the Pet Shop buildings already due to an over tall ground floor, but it could be taller.

Nice townhouse. It looks like you made it from 2007 Model Town Home.

Thanks! Actually, I never got that set. But I always wanted it, just never got around to buying it.

The awning is my favorite part. I love the detailing with the smaller curved brick with the tile above it. I hadn't thought of that. Tand and brown work well together. I don't see that too often in modulars.

The awning is my favorite part. I love the detailing with the smaller curved brick with the tile above it. I hadn't thought of that. Tand and brown work well together. I don't see that too often in modulars.

Lot's of really nice details! Great job on the color scheme.

Thanks for the kind words!

I really like it. I'm not down with most of the 16 wide MOCs as most look like shoeboxes set on end. However, yours avoids the shoebox appearance. I like the choice of colors and the details. Using the same standard that the majority used in evaluating the PR, height is not an issue. So, you should benefit from the same rationalization as the pros do. I would add some detail on the front between the second and third floors. Much better design than many that are for sale on ebay. Thanks for sharing.

I really like it. I'm not down with most of the 16 wide MOCs as most look like shoeboxes set on end. However, yours avoids the shoebox appearance. I like the choice of colors and the details. Using the same standard that the majority used in evaluating the PR, height is not an issue. So, you should benefit from the same rationalization as the pros do. I would add some detail on the front between the second and third floors. Much better design than many that are for sale on ebay. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I designed this building on the fly with only parts I had in my collection so I probably need to go back and spice up the upper floors. Thanks for the kind words!