16489955762_b4af77ae47.jpg

Long ago, back in the days when Kaliphlin was a peaceful place, I packed up my goods and set out on a trading adventure. The sandy expanse spread out before me as I settled back in my multicolored wagon and dreamed of the riches that were to become mine... but I am getting ahead of the story. Let me introduce myself.

I am called Itiz Al Myne, and the name fits, if I may say so myself. I am a merchant, and this was not my first venture across the Siccus - no, not by a long shot. And while it is true that on my last venture I may - mark you well, I admit nothing - I may have parted with a little - a very little - of my goods without remembering to note them down on the tax return, I am a very honest merchant.

Well, here I was, reclining peacefully back in my fancy carriage, dreaming of piles of gold stacked to the ceiling around me, when all of a sudden a jolting drag to a halt brought me back from the glittering realm of fancy to the real world of bumps and interruptions. I stuck my head out of the cover that separated myself from my driver, an angry expostulation on my lips, just in time to hear him say, "Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies! Now let us pass!"

Kaliphlin, a peaceful place, forsooth! I glanced down my nose at a short knight that stood blocking our path and echoed my follower's command. "Let us by, man! I am an honest merchant!"

"That is precisely the information I wished to know," he said politely - but without getting out of the way, as I noticed. "If you would be so kind as to step down I can surely verify it with ease. Pardon my suspiciousness, but you must admit that your driver's attitude has not been one to lull it to rest."

"Step down?! You are the one that had better step down!" I roared. "How dare you mess with an honest trader like myself?"

"What do you carry?" he asked.

"Spices from the island of Gorr," I replied, but in the same breath my driver - apparently not thinking I could make things up as well as he could - responded, "Mitgardian honey." I looked at him sharply, but, covering my annoyance, turned with a slight bow toward the knight and added, "That too!"

"Spices from Gorr and honey from Mitgardia!" he exclaimed with a broad smile. "Truly, sir merchant, you bring your food from afar! Search them," he commanded motioning to a companion whom I noticed for the first time.

The driver looked at me inquiringly, but the knight, guessing his intention, sprang upon him and rendered our escape hopeless. Dismounting, I looked glumly on as the soldier ransacked my precious carriage and confiscated all that was contraband - which left precious little, I must admit.

Thus it was that I lost the entire venture of - well, never mind what it was, it is bad policy to commit one's self in writing - but I lost it, all because of some knight-errant who wanted to impress his boss and my overzealous driver, who certainly did not impress his boss!

16305027757_bef888ea0e.jpg

I initially built the carriage for a different build, but I have this absurd tendency to build carriages that are too big for my bases, so I had to save it for a later vig! So here it is, I'm not sold on the blue and grey border (looking back, red and grey or yellow and grey would have been better), but I wanted to get it off my desk! I did have fun writing the story though!

C&C welcome, thanks for checking it out!

Fun story and one funky colored cart, obviously a Kai creation. I like it!

That coat cart of many colors really made me smile. Maybe if IT IS ALL MINE(translated to English) :wink: wanted to avoid detection, he should use a less colorful cart.

Simplistic, but it looks good. Not sure what I think of the colors, but the build is nice.

Thanks guys!

Fun story and one funky colored cart, obviously a Kai creation. I like it!

Hey, I don't build that much funky colored stuff... :tongue:...I think... :grin:

Thanks kabel!

That coat cart of many colors really made me smile. Maybe if IT IS ALL MINE(translated to English) :wink: wanted to avoid detection, he should use a less colorful cart.

:laugh: Exactly the analogy that came to my mind while building it! And it's true, so many colors makes him quite conspicuous! But then, when he gets to town he has to attract attention somehow!

Thanks!

Great story and build, it certainly served him right for trying to sell contraband stuff! :laugh::wink:

Great story and build, it certainly served him right for trying to sell contraband stuff! :laugh::wink:

Thanks Garmadon!

Rainbow carriage, very colorful but I see why you say it's sometimes to big for the base.

Yes, even for this base I had to shrink the size of the poles between the horses and the wagon!

Thank you!

:laugh: I always very much enjoy your stories, and this is no exception :thumbup:

Good sand texturing and a neat border, the blue works well here. Nice pose with Itiz peeking through the curtains as well :classic:

Your story really made me smile! :laugh:

I really like your landscaping, the posing and the general look of the wagon.

My only nitpick (As I also commentedon flickr) is the physics. Maybe the wheels could be moved forward to better carry the weight of the wagon. Right now there is quite a load on those poor horses! :tongue:

Thanks you three!

Your story really made me smile! :laugh:

I really like your landscaping, the posing and the general look of the wagon.

My only nitpick (As I also commentedon flickr) is the physics. Maybe the wheels could be moved forward to better carry the weight of the wagon. Right now there is quite a load on those poor horses! :tongue:

Physics... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Actually I originally had it with the horses farther forward, although I'm not sure that would have (theoretically) put more weight on the wheels. But that made it too long for the base, so I shortened it.

I had to mention that the wheels are actually tilting out under the weight. I put a deal of technic work into that and couldn't let it go by unmentioned! :grin:

Lovely cart, sounds like it contains quite a pretentious character! The story and build are both great and really entertaining (although I'm left wondering, what was this contraband??)

I really like the little spot for the driver to seat, a nice touch there. I have to agree with Bregir that moving the wheels up a bit would make the cart look a little more... sustainable. :laugh:

Lovely cart, sounds like it contains quite a pretentious character! The story and build are both great and really entertaining (although I'm left wondering, what was this contraband??)

I really like the little spot for the driver to seat, a nice touch there. I have to agree with Bregir that moving the wheels up a bit would make the cart look a little more... sustainable. :laugh:

Thanks! As far as the contraband... I really had no idea what it should be, so I conveniently managed to leave it out! :grin:

The way you posed the horses so well but still used the old mold is really cool! It really give the feel that the screeching to a stop.

Thank you! :sweet:

Lovely multi colored cart Kai! Awesome diorama! :thumbup:

Very well executed and unique!

Thanks guys! :sweet: