Sign in to follow this  
Dubbadgrim

The Misfits of Moruth

Very cool. I like the upsidedown plate for the bubbly effect. Nice little build.

uh oh, looks like we may have to invade the swamps to teach those guys a lesson! haha.

The irregular border looks very natural and using upside down dark green plates for the swamp is quite clever :thumbup:

Guess you don't want to get on the badside of these bugs :laugh:

Nice terrain and pavement, I like how the mix between rectangular and round tiles are giving a very solid yet still irregular look to the paving :classic:

Regarding the background, it looks a bit disconnected from how the light falls on the bricks. A backdrop usually is brighter closer to the camera = at the lower end of the frame.

Very nice landscape work on this build. I wouldn't change a thing, feels very complete. I like the use of the insectoids for Nocturnus.

Nice little scene and awesome group of Nocty ruffians. As mentioned before, the upside down dark green plate works perfect for your idea and the landscaping is very interesting. Keep it up man!

Great build! The landscaping looks neat, but my favorite part is the upside down plate used for bubbly effect

Cheers for the comments everyone!

Nice terrain and pavement, I like how the mix between rectangular and round tiles are giving a very solid yet still irregular look to the paving :classic:

Regarding the background, it looks a bit disconnected from how the light falls on the bricks. A backdrop usually is brighter closer to the camera = at the lower end of the frame.

Thanks for the feedback about the background, I might try inverting the gradient next time and see how it looks. I got the idea from this moc and some of Derfel cadarns older stuff.

Hehehe, they have no buisness in nocturnus! :devil: Excellent build, love the reversed baseplate for swamp water and the rockwork.

Thanks Jorrith, yeah the swamp technique happened cause I didn't have enough dark green bricks for the water. I think often a part shortage can lead to a better result than the original idea!

Edited by Dubbadgrim

Nice to see that Avalonians are not the only one getting caught and beat up! =)

I really like this moc! The bubbling effect, the differemt heights and the stones in the path is some nice details!

Great job on this build! The gallows design is nicely done (if a gallows can be nice, haha), and the insect-oid creatures look perfectly situated in nocturnus. :classic: