All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BrickBob Studpants

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Both sets have been revealed or leaked (hard to tell)! Nice to see a set with more than 2 minifigs, and KK looks great! Really like the dodo pilot too (forgot his name), as well as the two new villagers! Oh, and Maple is exclusive to the polybag after all
  3. Gorilla94

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope we get a real Fluffy remake the same quality as the Troll and basilisk.
  4. Virginia_Bricks

I think you are right with that is comes with its own castle section that it can slide out of. Based on price and leaked piece count it seems to be around the size of the boathouse with more smaller pieces, so I am guessing it will be a rock cliff exterior that something in the 2025 wave will sit on. And the slide out portion is a play feature more than a modularity feature.
  5. shame, i prefer normal remote (small) - so back to mouldking with their cheap remote/receiver (incl. battery) I guess.. if something like this was ever produced anywhere in better quality (and more volt power) I'd be so happy
  6. JohnTPT17

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Images for Wave 2 are now out! The smaller set is the airport, with Tangy and Wilbur, and the larger set is Town Hall, with a fall Isabelle, K.K. Slider, and Audie. As a kneejerk reaction, I think that I like Wave 1 a lot more than I like these two sets - especially with their prices in mind. The airport's a little trick for me - that's something that is very much tied to New Horizons, while most of the other sets could, without too much of a leap in logic, take place in other games. I also find it interesting that the Dodo Airlines sign is printed in English, especially compared to Nook's Cranny, which didn't have any writing on it's sign. Looking at Town Hall, I think the set's got a lot of filler to justify the cost. The RV probably takes up a lot of the part count, but I don't think it adds a lot to the set. That easily could have been a smaller $10-15 set without needing to tack in on to Town Hall. I also wish we got a new music title, instead of reusing Forest Life. Overall, I think this wave might turn more into finding the individual minifigures than seeking out the whole sets for me. Though, that could change as we see more photos!
  7. DannyPowers

To the previous poster's point, the new system almost looks like It's a few $15-20 sets combined with a $50ish shell that's designed to hold the other sets.
  8. That is a very good set! I recently acquired it, and it has excellent complexity in both flight control linkages, and in the transmission. Recently I've been studying helicopter aerodynamics in college, though, and discovered a somewhat significant flaw in the cyclic pitch mechanism. In the Lego design, you pull the stick forward, tilting the swashplate forward, and increasing the pitch on the rear rotor blade. This makes a lot of sense--you'd think that increasing pitch in the rear of the helicopter would result in tilting forward. However, real-life helicopters have to compensate for gyroscopic precession (https://www.copters.com/aero/gyro.html), which essentially means that in order to make the rear of the helicopter lift, you actually have to increase pitch on the blade on the left (for CCW-rotating systems) in order for the increased lift to actually come into effect 90 degrees later. So, for a 5-bladed rotor system like the Airbus's, the swashplate should actually be tilting at a different angle than the control stick. (Two-bladed rotors can just offset the pitch linkage mounting points by 90 degrees) I can understand Lego not including it, since it's counterintuitive and might just confuse rather than educate audiences, and because it would be more complicated to implement, but I thought it was interesting that it was unrealistic in that way.
  9. FinlayTheFaithful

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Cuz it's been that long since it appeared in a set, I'd take any new variant
  10. Mordarch

I think the issue with the previous modular version was the rather boxy lay-out of every module, which is logical with how that modular system worked, they needed to fit next and onto eachother. If the new modular system is going with interchangeable interiors whilst the exterior keeps it shape it might be able to have the best of both worlds; a great looking exterior with lots of customisation options on the interior.
  11. zephyr1934

Cement Silo Wagon and Tank Wagon

Though as a counterpoint to building, "two wagons because they have more visual effect than just one." To my American eye it looks like you only built half a tank car because the dome is on the end (which my brain knows is accurate and prototypical for the car) rather than in the middle (which my brain expects to see because that's all I ever see here in the US). The result being another visual effect.
  12. zephyr1934

[MOC] Moveable railway bridge

Ah yes, guard rails just like real railway bridges (and especially drawbridges)
  13. Today
  14. For me, 42145 Airbus H175 is best to me. It has lots of gears, levers, and good detail.
  15. brickbride

If you feel that way, I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy the new system since it's still going to be modular. But we'll see.
  16. For me even the excitement of owning *four* 40t gears was almost too much at the time!
  17. poisonbricks

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Animal Crossing's August sets have leaked, so who knows how far off the Marvel ones are now
  18. legoturtle

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Hello all, If you want BATMAN & DC related content. Go trough this list. It is endless... https://www.youtube.com/@Ashnflash/search?query=batman
  19. squiz18

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

That is a good little set. I'll pick that up when I see it in a supermarket.
  20. Space78

2024 Space sets

More Lego astronaut keychain lights showing up on U.S. e-bay, including one in pink. Need to get to the local Target to see if they have any.
  21. Yperio_Bricks

[POLL] The Next BIG LEGO Pirates Contest

True words. Unfortunately. Lego Pirates could be so much more...
  22. It really depends what definition of minifigure scale you use. It will not be minifigure scale if you define it by the dimensions of the location (tower) by the dimensions of a person. However, it will (hopefully) be minifigure scale in that minifigures can interact with the build. Orthanc, for example, is clearly not minifigure scale based on the height of the tower compared to the height of a minifigure, but it is minifigure scale in that the interiors are designed around minifigures. I also consider that both a display and play set. I hope Barad Dur is similar.
  23. chris6507

Previous system was awful. Thing I hated the most was how broken up the larger sets felt being forced into those stupid modules. There's a significant difference in the build experience between a $20 set and a $200 set. When I rebuilt all the sets from the previous iteration last year I was so bored. So, so bored! It was like building 20 or so $10-$20 sets rather than building $80, $100 or even $200 sets. I still have them all built in what's a pretty good rendition of Hogwarts Castle. But I just look at it without feeling disgusted by the awful, awful build experience.
  24. legoturtle

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

do you have that set?
  25. BrickBob Studpants

I forgot what the description of the potions classroom said, but maybe it actually consists of two modules or comes with its own castle section it can slide out of? Personally, I like this modular system a lot more than the previous one. Now let‘s hope they‘ll release more than just a small handful of modules this time!
  26. This is a very cool set. We get 6 minifigs in total and no stickers which you have to worry about. And you also get some neat play features. The minifigs we get in this set are the pirate captain, 2 soldiers and 3 pirates. This set also includes a monkey and a palm tree. There're also two rafts in this set. We get a red and a brown raft. The set is very fun to build and very sturdy. On the dock we get a cannon which sviwels full 360° and it does really shoot like a flick-missile if you put in the black cylinder pieces which are supposed to be the cannon balls. We get a keg, a ladder and a barrier on the dock as well. The main building is awesome. The huge skull does open and the rafts can pass the canal. In the inside you can see a treasure chest which has some gold in the inside and the other side has two rifles in there. The first level of this building has a desk for the pirates which has a bottle, a map and a yellow chalice. There's also a floor which can disappear and underneath that floor are two swords. The balcony on the top has 3 kegs, a huge pirate flag and a crane. I really can't complain about this set. All in all this set is a great set and I would HIGHLY recommend you to get this. You can find this set on eBay, BrickLink and Amazon for sure. Here is the link where you can check out the full gallery I made for this set on my website: www.klokriecher.de Videos I made of this set: Stopmotion Review Speed Build
  27. Virginia_Bricks

75954 only had 2 rows of tables. This new Great Hall has 2 rows and seems to be about the same length as 2018 if not longer.
  1. Load more activity