WhiteFang

REVIEW: 10245 Santa's Workshop

On a scale of 1 to 5  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Nice build creative and funny stickers, but quite disappointing minifigs.

Edited by KristofBD

my girlfriend should love this! anyone know if this will be available early for VIPs?

I think the 17th of September (at least in the USA) and a wide release of October 1st. :wink:

Very nice review! I've been fortunate to be able to receive every one of the Winter Village sets since they've been released, and (though some may say it doesn't fit with the rest of the sets) this has to be my favorite of recent years. It's nice to be able to go back to the midsized sets like the Toy Shop and Bakery. :wub: For this small set, the design is amazing. I absolutely love the sleigh. :thumbup:

I really do not like that Mrs. Claus torso-skirt combination.

Steve

Thank you everyone for your kind input and thoughts in this review! It is very much appreciated. :sweet:

Great review. While I am not a fan of brick built animals, I appreciate the printed pieces on them. The Mrs Claus printed dress is very nice. I wonder if it will remain exclusive or if the 2016 advent calendar will have it.

I think it may appear elsewhere one day. I don't think it will be made exclusive for the skirt torso to be only in this Winter Village set.

The printed tile on the Toy Machine is not new. (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2431px17)

Geez. I am so embarrassed. Thank you JTredders for pointing it out. I have included this fact into the review.

I know a lot of people complain about the brick-built reindeer, but when I consider some of the decorations my actual neighbors put on their lawns around that time of year, I think those brick-built guys will fit right in.

It is a nice way to utilise those brick-built reindeer.

Where do you find the time to crank out all these awesome reviews?

Not very easy to find spare time with a full-time job and a family. Got to tweak and manage all my time efficiently. Quite a lot of sleepless nights though.

Fangy, the link to the video leads to Brickset. That's probably not correct.

Thank you Jim. I have rectified the link with the correct interview video.

I really do not like that Mrs. Claus torso-skirt combination.

Same sentiments as well.

Biggest let down is not including a light brick....

Light brick.. Hmm, you mean to place it at the fireplace, for example. I do think it will be a nice addition as well.

Thanks for an excellent review 'Fangy', I will totally need to buy this for my son (who loves anything to do with Santa) plus one for my collection ! :wink:

Disappointed in the minifigures, but then again, that's par for course for the Winter Village series in general. And City in general. Thank goodness for CMF characters to populate my Winter Village...

Other than that, this will be a definite buy on October 1st. I'm excited to see the giveaway complementary set next to it as well.

Excellent review, Whitefang!! I love the pictures and also the enthusiasm you have about this nice set! Only one little thing.. i almost cried after i saw the picture with the Northpole Signage.....the sticker is way off center....a small piece of it isn't even on the tile...!!! :cry_sad: But...when i'll start building this set, i'll do that a bit more right...maybe you were in a hurry to make the review!! :laugh:

Thanks for the comprehensive review, Whitefang! Looks like there are some great parts to look forward to from this set.

Not usually a fan of winter village sets but I really like this set! The toy machine is brilliantly done, almost worth buying the set for that alone ;)

I like this one a lot but I feel it's too small for being Santa's Workshop. I think releasing Santa's house and the workshop for separate would have been better. The "Santa needs you" motivational poster is hilarious. The best part IMO is definitely the sleigh. It's very well done.

As for the minifigures, I like the S11 Holiday Elf headpiece returning. At least one female elf would have been nice. And I don't like Mrs. Claus either, but maybe an updated version could come later in a CMF series (I love the cookies, though).

The Gingerbread Man is missing in the pictures :classic:

As always, an outstanding review!

Great review. Love those reindeers. Should make one into Rudolph. :classic:

One can always order a light brick from BrickLink to MOD the set.

Fantastic review.

I think this is a good addition to the Winter Village series. I own the complete series, but last year a felt dissapointed with the Christmas Market, I think it was a very simple set (perhaps because of the absence of a building) which repeats many times those typical german market stands that were included in previous sets. Now with Santa's workshop we have a cosy building back again with very nice details.

I'm ready to pick it...

Edited by Lepralego

Being new to LEGO in general and the winter village series in particular, how does one get the extra elf and 2 toy soldiers?

Regards,

EddieZ

Austin, Tx

Being new to LEGO in general and the winter village series in particular, how does one get the extra elf and 2 toy soldiers?

Regards,

EddieZ

Austin, Tx

Probably Bricklink would be your best bet.

Does anyone know what the second free limited edition holiday set will be on Brick Friday? Last year, we had images of both sets by Sept 3rd. I have read that it will also alogn with Santa's Worshop, like the first set will.

Nice review and will definitely be picking this set up! LOVE the Winter Village sets, but unfortunately, came to Lego less than two years ago, so missed out on the first three sets... :cry_sad:

I can't thank you enough for all of your wonderful reviews! You are great! And I love the set too!

What an amazing set! I mean, it's not exactly what you would expect from a typical "winter village" line, but that does not detract any coolness. I adore the brick built reindeer (unlike some people), and I need that Santa, as I never got the Series 8 CMF of him. Great review! Brickset's review turned out pretty good, too.

Another fine review. I dont mind the lack of a substantial back to the house; I see plenty of people wanted a smaller cheaper set, so this is the way to get it. It shouldnt be difficult to build up the set too (albeit without the gothic arches). Nor do I mind Mrs Claus. Of course I would have liked to see a new print, but I think the old torso works pretty well here. I we do get a new Mrs Claus in a CMF series, with new torso and accessory, all the better. A female elf would have been nice, but she might have looked weird without a new hat+hair mold, which is out of the question for WV sets.