just2good

Disney Princess 2015 Rumors and Discussion

Am I the only person who wants a Mulan set? :(

Definitely Not! Mulan is, and has always been one of, in not my absolute favorite Disney Princess of all time, due to her courage, tactical cunning & resourcefulness (as Cracked.com one put it, she's the only Disney Princess with a body count). :)

I was going through a big Little Mermaid kick, but I could not find the Ariel's Amazing Treasures set anywhere (and couldn't afford the Undersea Palace sadly). I was able to find it at Books-a-Million though, so anyone looking for older sets (Merida is another one I rarely see in stores now) should check them out even though they're a tad pricier.

I'm still waiting for a Snow White set, though... she and Belle are desperately in need of them. And I'm still holding out hope that we'll one day see some villains. Ursula is my most-wanted by far, but I would be happy with the Evil Queen, Maleficent, or the stepsisters and Tremaine. Maybe even a Cruella?

I'm disappointed about AAT as well. Why was it discontinued so early? I wanted a cheap set to get Ariel's hair in, but I never got to.

The reason villains are not present is because it's not in the boundaries of the Princess franchise. Unfortunately. Perhaps a wider Disney theme would allow it, but not the Princess license, which allows only romance and relaxation.

Funnily enough Disney do have a Disney Villains franchise too ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Villains ) so hypothetically it could happen. Realistically though it's one of those merchandise franchises that only really exists for the 'just in case' scenario so that Disney can give anyone wanting to use those characters a pre established guide to what they can have and what they can expect to pay.

I can't see LEGO going for the Villains franchise, if anything I can see them taking future films on a film by film basis as to what they might make sets of, but I'm expecting nothing of past films (that way I won't be disappointed by not getting it!)

Funnily enough Disney do have a Disney Villains franchise too ( http://en.wikipedia....Disney_Villains ) so hypothetically it could happen. Realistically though it's one of those merchandise franchises that only really exists for the 'just in case' scenario so that Disney can give anyone wanting to use those characters a pre established guide to what they can have and what they can expect to pay.

I can't see LEGO going for the Villains franchise, if anything I can see them taking future films on a film by film basis as to what they might make sets of, but I'm expecting nothing of past films (that way I won't be disappointed by not getting it!)

Uh, just based on the Superheroes' case, we put superheroes and supervillains put in the same box because we use them to tell the same story. Now the lack of villains so far may be due to different reasons (lack of character mold design, lack of market appeal), but it would be unrealistic if you expect LEGO to release sets that only feature villains.

Saw the Elsa set at Toys R Us two days back, but picked up a creator set instead of it. Starting to regret that... All those great pieces!

I've noticed in the UK that the price of Elsa's castle is starting to drop, most places stocking it now list it for £30 instead of £35 - I think a deal later in the year might make it perfect for a parts pack to get a couple and make something on a grander scale...I'm actually hoping to get a couple cheap to make an Elves Ice castle :-)

I'm watching local stores in the USA for clearance of Friends/Disney sets when the new August Friends sets come out. Regarding price drops, the one that's baffled me is Friends 41037 Stephanie's Beach House, which has been at $30 in many places for many months now, $10 below MSRP, unlike basically all the other Friends sets (of course when I go look to verify, it's a little higher).

I also really want to see sets for Mulan and Belle. I'd love one for Tiana as well. Haven't gotten any of the Princess sets as of yet, but I'm eyeing Cinderella's Romantic Castle. Would that be a good place to start off buying them?

I would like a Belle set, lots of books and a nice thing for my sister to have too!

As for starting off: I really liked the Carriage better for Cinderella and Rapunzel's tower for a building. The Ice Palace is only really good for getting the characters and the pricepoint makes it a little iffy. Merida's games is a great little set to pick up if you can still find it.

A Pocahontas set would be worth buying for non fans if they included the raccoon

Edited by Soupperson1

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

"they were discussing the rumors of a new sets"

This is a thread for rumors.

Not wishlists...Not for shooting down information that has yet to be confirmed...Not arguments; who here again actually works for LEGO?

So, if anyone would like to add news, or rumors that they can confirm with a source, by all means, feel free to post them. However, if this thread continues on it's current path...Eurobricks might be short a few members real quick.

Cool?

Super!

I'm a little shocked. I read the topic title as saying that it's for rumors and discussion of Disney Princess 2015 sets. discussion (n.) - the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

I notice that this thread was begun in mid 2014, almost a year ago, when the only things known might have been rumors. At this point there are a lot of 2015 Disney sets already released for people to talk about. I looked around and didn't notice anything in particular clarifying what was and was not to be posted in it.

If this thread is for rumors only, the title could be changed to reflect that, and another thread created for people to just talk about the sets (I looked around and didn't see any others for general LEGO Disney discussion). I think that this would have a less chilling effect on postings than threatening to remove people from this forum.

Edited by Prairie

Nobody is being removed.

The point is we need to make these threads more accessible and as they are currently being treated, they are out of control. Discussion would be encouraged to be about the sets being produced or the rumors posted. Again, the point is not to make this a wishlist thread. This forum is growing rapidly with LEGO partnering with multiple licenses, making our (volunteer) job more difficult. Having seven discussion threads to try and keep order in is a difficult task. We're asking people to think before they post and not spam these threads, and therefore this forum, with posts that don't further a discussion. You can see in many of these threads posts where the current conversation isn't taken into consideration. It is a daunting task to try to keep up with or join a conversation so they become sometimes hundreds of pages of individual shouts where a conversation can't be furthered.

We are asking people to think before they post and not post for the sake of posting to make it easier for members and moderators to follow the discussion. There's no need to be offended. This is something we need to get in motion for this to be a productive sub–forum.

Does anyone have more information about these two Disney Princess / Frozen sets that are listed on Brickset:

41066 Anna & Kristoff's Sleigh Adventure

41068 Arendelle Castle Celebration

Will there be more Disney Princess sets released in 2015 as set numbers 41064, 41065, 41067, 41069 and 41070 still are free?

Does anyone have more information about these two Disney Princess / Frozen sets that are listed on Brickset:

Will there be more Disney Princess sets released in 2015 as set numbers 41064, 41065, 41067, 41069 and 41070 still are free?

Those are actually 2016 sets from my understanding, I dunno how this went under our radar.

Edited by just2good

Well, every year there are a few sets from the January wave that get pushed up to a December 1st release, like what happened with some of this year's Creator, City, and Technic sets. I believe Disney Princess will be one of the themes to get that treatment this time around.

Well, every year there are a few sets from the January wave that get pushed up to a December 1st release, like what happened with some of this year's Creator, City, and Technic sets. I believe Disney Princess will be one of the themes to get that treatment this time around.

Yeah, maybe they'll want Frozen out in time for Christmas this year.

According to The Brick Fan, these will be released this year:

http://www.thebrickf...en-sets-coming/

I assume the Arendelle Castle Celebration set is based on the Elsa coronation scene, and she'll be wearing her "Let it Go" outfit

Edited by Robert8

I guess the first Lego reindeer mold are on the way :classic: Hopefully it is usable outside the world of Frozen :wink:

Two more frozen sets! And still no Beauty and The Beast or Snow White?!

Personally, as a fan of Frozen, I think it would be better to do an independent theme for Frozen only. After all Frozen is still not part of Disney Princess, and in theory LEGO should be able to introduce more sets of recent franchises.

Of course, hope that we're gonna get more classic Disney sets just like you mean.