Meh! to all that stuff....just *BRNG BACK THE METAL HOOK* !!

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=70644

70644.gif

Its hasent been seen since 2009 and before that since 2006....its VERY expensive to buy second hand, TLG need to put an end to these crazy prices!!

Richard, +1 on that metal part, I have one and possibly a second and they are expensive on BrickLink. It would have been a welcome addition to 42009. :wink:

Edited by Technic-Kobaltz

Yup, that's partially right. An additional reason is that V engines are more balanced, and do not have issues with crankshafts. Some early straight engines had problems with the crankshaft twisting under stress.

but, back on topic. The 2h sets. If the information is correct, we will be getting an excavator, a crane, and a Mercedes truck of some sort.

Personally, my ideal scenario for the sets is as follows:

I hope the excavator is a bucket wheel type, mid size, with some new hubless gears to make the bucket, and have it be so that it can actually dig, and move the conveyors. It would have, along with the new gears, new parts for making truss frames. The largest excavators of this type I've seen are grey, but I've also seen some smaller ones in blue or green, which are both good, as long as it is bright green like 42039. Another good option would be a wheeled excavator, which has never been done in Technic before.

The crane is possibly a truss crane type, but I'd prefer a wheeled one versus a tracked one, like a Gottwald AK- 912

10001333035_5207e03285_z.jpg

Tow truck

72197e800.jpg

These are just a few options available for the Actros, there are probably many more. :laugh:

Also good would be a 6x6 Zetros, as someone mentioned a few pages ago.

We already have a crane like that and a tow truck. So I dont think we will see those as the 2 sets.

Not a huge fan of PF on every model but the race car might be better with them.

We already have a crane like that and a tow truck. So I dont think we will see those as the 2 sets.

Not a huge fan of PF on every model but the race car might be better with them.

Actually, there has never been a wheeled lattice boom crane in Technic before, and only 1 crawler crane (8288). But, you're right about the tow truck.

regarding power functions, I don't really care either way as long as the model is good. What I really want is pneumatics, and that darned metal hook. Sadly, I doubt that we'll be seeing it again, even though it is a functional need for large crane models, particularly 42009.

I think that huge excavator(Photo above) will be rather motorized than static model.Potential is same as in 8043 .Designer can also reuse 42030 shovel .

Also I think that excavator will be small model, truss crane medium and mercedes benz as flagship.

Why I think that mercedes will be flasghip?All technic licensed sets are flagships and for medium size truck lego will not have problem if It make without badge.

Edited by Ondra

If we get a Mercedes Benz flagship, I am hoping for a supercar, maybe the new Mercedes-AMG GT? It's been a while since we had a sports car flagship (though having two large cars as the1H and 2H flagships respectively, might not be realistic?). Would be nice to se a licensed proper supercar.

More realistically though, I'd say it will be a 3 or 4 axle Actros of some kind. I actually hope it won't be any kind of Geländewagen (not even the 6x6), even though I have much love for that car!

What if the Mercedes is just a redo of the Unimog?

That would be a bummer. I still don't understand why they re-released the Race Truck.

That would be a bummer. I still don't understand why they re-released the Race Truck.

It wouldn't be that much of a bummer if they redid the unimog, Especially if they did it in a new color, or with a new set of attachments.

Yeah, the Race Truck is a boring model to begin with, I really do not understand why they would do a reissue. It's not like fans have been clamoring for it, or anything. Also, it's not like it's going to set a precedent for reissues of other, more desirable sets, like 8455. And, in one sense, it is inferior to the original in that the b model instructions are not included.

There are new generation of unimogs http://www.neuerunimog.com/en/ .

Will be great if they make version of bigger unimog this time, this will be excelent as set .

Unimog-Hochgelaendegaengig-729x486-c7443af181090b4e.jpg

Second unimog to join the technic team will be welcome :sweet: .

Very similar to this, isnt it?

7862562456_3b33776599_z.jpg

There are new generation of unimogs http://www.neuerunimog.com/en/ .

Will be great if they make version of bigger unimog this time, this will be excelent as set .

Unimog-Hochgelaendegaengig-729x486-c7443af181090b4e.jpg

Second unimog to join the technic team will be welcome :sweet: .

Very similar to this, isnt it?

7862562456_3b33776599_z.jpg

I like the looks of that one. The old one is a great set but a bit back heavy in my opinion and mine tends to lean to the left a bit.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Yeah, the Race Truck is a boring model to begin with, I really do not understand why they would do a reissue.

Maybe they needed extra time to work on the 2H sets, so they looked at the previous sets, saw that the Race Truck could be easily be brought back to production, and decided to make it again instead of creating a new set.

I like the looks of that one. The old one is a great set but a bit back heavy in my opinion and mine tends to lean to the left a bit.

Not only yours, this is due to heavy batteries in battery box.

Maybe they needed extra time to work on the 2H sets, so they looked at the previous sets, saw that the Race Truck could be easily be brought back to production, and decided to make it again instead of creating a new set.

Maybe this set is popular, because is relatively easy to motorize or kids love this kind of vehicle/truck and rather than make new race truck every time they re release it again and again.Kids from 2010 are now 5 years older and they are looking for advanced models.There is new generation of starting techníc fans that hardly know anything about technic history and remakes.

I looked at technic sets from 2010(8041 first release) to this date and second set that I think that deserve remake is 8071.Why this set?Is relatively pretty,it is truck and have almost same piece count as 8041.

I wonder how long before technic run out of ideas.

I don't think it is possible. LEGO is probably limited by the market (consumer interest/demand) above all else.

Crane, excavator, wheel loader, crane, excavator, wheel loader ... repeat, with the odd car, truck or motorbike interspersed.

One could argue that ideas are not as limitless as we'd like to think :devil:

If you look at the forum here, you see a lot of ideas. I'm sure the designers at LEGO are not less creative than the people here. But I agree with m0dulo, the question is which of the ideas is suitable for the mass market (and, especially, for children, and not for us AFOLs here).

When I remember back as a child, it was always the big car or construction machinery sets that I found most interesting. And what my brothers and me mostly built were cars, besides the occasional little town (with enough streets to display a nice bunch of cars, of course ;-).

Its a shame they didn't go down the Landrover Defender route, with the sheepo's getting through the lego ideas votes, and the stopping manufacturing of the defender Model

a team up with Landrover would have been nice.

I wonder how long before technic run out of ideas.

Impossible, on the world there are many, many interesting machinery that doesnt exist in lego form.Designer rather release set with same concept again and again rather than make something really new.

And remeber lego is aiming primary to kids, they are not aware about technic set history and they dont care about ten excavators in history.

what does the permutation say? 10E8 ways of putting six 2x4 bricks together? On that basis alone, it'd be hard to put a cap on 'ideas'.

I would like to see more emergency service vehciles, like a fire truck or one of those airport firet trucks with the water cannon!

Maybe a new version of 8285.......

I would like to see more emergency service vehciles, like a fire truck or one of those airport firet trucks with the water cannon!

thats a good one a new 8289 would be nice as well its another Mercedes option as well.

Crane, excavator, wheel loader, crane, excavator, wheel loader ... repeat, with the odd car, truck or motorbike interspersed.

One could argue that ideas are not as limitless as we'd like to think :devil:

They do seem to be repeating quite a bit. I'd like to see more non-vehicles like the braiding machine, manual calculator, or mechanical reproductions of things like vending machines, power tools, or amusement park rides.

I know it's been mentioned before, but I would LOVE a fire truck in the scale of 42009!