Sir Brickalot

Simpsons 2015 Rumors and Discussion

EUR 200,- for what? For Snake? Every Simpson Fan already got all of the CMF figures.....

Very poor Set :(

Am I the only one sort of underwhelmed? The details are amazing yes, but it seems that those details are what solely drove the price up. Brick count is inflated too with all the 2x2s and 1x1s.

How anyone could find this set underwhelming is beyond me. Ok, so it's not as big as the Simpsons House (why would it be? It's the Kwik-E-Mart!) and it includes some minifigs we have gotten before. So what? It's still an impressive and highly detailed set. And if you're getting a $200 set just for the minifigs, you're doing something wrong. It's the same trade-up that we made with the Detective's Office: a smaller exterior for a more detailed interior. I see nothing wrong with that.

That said, I wont be getting the set, but I do look forward to some of those CMFs!

This set is amazing but one thing really annoys me. Why couldn't TLG use 2x2 colorful tiles for the floor instead of this ugly looking dark-grey plates? It destroys the whole look of the interior of the Kwik-E-Mart, at least for me. I think if this set really costs 200 € TLG must have made the floor out of 2x2 tiles. I mean the Simpsons House had over 2500 pcs while this has over 2100, so roughly 400 less for the same price? 2x2 tiles would easily make the pcs count bigger and justify the price of 200 €.

Also is the Kwik and Mart printed pieces or just stickers?

Edited by Emmi

Who else thinks that Frink's body would be good for making Dr. Curt Connors?

Also, I call lies on the CG render of the CMFs. There's no way Martin can hold his book that way!

71009-17.jpg

So far, the ones on my list are CBG, Bart, Frink, and the Sunday Best Simpsons and sisters-in-law.

How anyone could find this set underwhelming is beyond me. Ok, so it's not as big as the Simpsons House (why would it be? It's the Kwik-E-Mart!) and it includes some minifigs we have gotten before. So what? It's still an impressive and highly detailed set. And if you're getting a $200 set just for the minifigs, you're doing something wrong. It's the same trade-up that we made with the Detective's Office: a smaller exterior for a more detailed interior. I see nothing wrong with that.

The fact is, it's indeed difficult to ask for new characters in a regular set since CMFs already cost alot on the characters. Of course, I'd like to get it just for the store not the figs. It feels like that LEGO intend to keep the regular versions available in other ways. If no new prints are made, perhaps the fewer figs make the lower price, I hope.

Edited by Dorayaki

From the high resolution pictures over at brickset.com it looks to me that the KWIK and MART is printed pieces as well as the rest apart from where Bart is located. So all the items inside the Kwik-E-Mart seem to be printed pieces as well, am I right with that? That would definitely justify the price of 200 € and make up for missing 2x2 tiles on the floor.

I LOOOOVE this set! So awesome with the detail inside the shop. This is a must get for moi, but I'm also a Simpsons nut, so I'd be all over this anyways. Series 2 of the Simpsons has a killer lineup! Wasn't expecting Fallout Boy and Willie looking so good. Love me some Crandall too. :)

I was about to say that Patty and Selma seemed to have the same head mould has Marge, with different hairs, but from this top view looks like their upper lip is longer. I might be mistaken.

Either way the only real disappointment is Maggie, being a figure already released: at least I don't have that variation not having bought the house. Bartman is the best family member variation, and I don't look forward to them in the possible Series 3, seeing how unimaginative they already are.

I skipped the house and the first wave of minifigs but will be quite tempted by these sets. One complaint I have is that the squad car looks so blocky.

I seriously doubt all the pieces are printed, but a lot of them seem to be which is a good thing. Blue tinted windows really annoy me, especially on the car, but it's a cartoon so whatever.

I expect all the new pieces with prints to reach a high price on bricklink as a lot of people will want slushees, but not be willing to pay 200 eur for the set. If the set had more exclusive minifigures, it would be more profitable for breaking down, but this way, accessories will be the key selling pieces.

Haha just noticed the CMF too, I can't wait to get my hands on these. I love the frozen jasper on the fridge too, this is a detail that I predicted when we first heard the rumours. :classic:

I think I had you beat by a bit on that prediction ;)

My Post #102 from Oct 21st 2014

If we do get a Kwik-E-Mart then hopefully we get Apu, Snake and Jasper in the freezer!

Your Post #26 from from Dec 13 2014

The Kwik-E-Mart should be a great set however I'm surprised at the high cost (ima it would look out of place considered to the detailed simpsons house if the price would have been cheaper). For this price point I expect to see a car park with at least one car aswell as a detailed store with a few aisles of shelves. Figures that may be included in this set could be Apu, Apu's wife, Homer, Snake, that pensioner who gets frozen in the freezer (forgot the name) and perhaps a Squishee employee (there could be a delivery can included). Can't wait to hear more on this set and the next series of minifigures. :classic:

But I will admit that you specifically said "sticker" in post #268 where I was hoping for minifig but expecting sticker and didn't specify either way lol

Sadly not although I would like to see him in minifigure form. Also after doing some research, the pensioner that I was referring to is called Jasper Beardly; if we are expecting to see him appear in the Kwik-E-Mart set, then it wouldn't surprise me to see him in a sticker form instead of a figure. http://www.tederick....2/09_frozen.jpg

I think it was a bit awkward for LEGO to figure out how to give Patty and Selma accessories that weren't cigarettes, but an eye chart? What episode was that from?

I think it was a bit awkward for LEGO to figure out how to give Patty and Selma accessories that weren't cigarettes, but an eye chart? What episode was that from?

They work at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) so they issue drivers' licenses which involve taking an eye exam. I know, it's a stretch. lol

Eye chart was from her working at the DMV ( it think). Does she stop homer getting his license or something ?

£10 less than the house which is nice

Also I think this cmf line is better than the first

I expect all the new pieces with prints to reach a high price on bricklink as a lot of people will want slushees, but not be willing to pay 200 eur for the set.

Comic Book Guy in the CMF has a slushee so they should be relatively cheap.

Edited by MAB

Too bad there isn't an issue of gigantic megablocks in the news rack. :grin:

EDIT: A$$es turns into megablocks, interesting..

Edited by Risgrynsgrot

All the cmf look different enough to make feeling the bags easier than the first series. Patty and Selma should be able to differntiate thanks to one having a tile piece and the other having a handbag

Comic Book Guy in the CMF has a slushee so they should be relatively cheap.

The slushee was just an example, I meant little thingymajigs in general, but there's a purple slushee in the set.

Patty or Selma could have come with Jub Jub, their lizard pet, but I get why also the eye test.

Have to say, very impressed by the series 2 line up. The figs look excellently detailed, although maggie again is a bit of a bore... Could have even left her out for a different character in her place which might have been better.

As for the Kwik-e-mart, yeah the price is relatively high. But, they have included a LOT of new printed parts which are pretty decent for anything. Not to mention the build itself is pretty dam good looking, Snakes printing is brilliant (arm printing!) and all the little extra details.

Cant wait to get it.

Looking and looking again at the Mart. I must say I'm impressed. It's got a lot of detail, TONS of printed pieces (I love those magazines) and some more Squishee cups. I'm tempted...

Patty or Selma could have come with Jub Jub, their lizard pet, but I get why also the eye test.

Have to say, very impressed by the series 2 line up. The figs look excellently detailed, although maggie again is a bit of a bore... Could have even left her out for a different character in her place which might have been better.

As much as I would have preferred a completely new character instead of Maggie, at least she comes with Santa's Little Helper. I'm just going to look at it like SLH is the CMF and Maggie is an extra accessory lol

To clarify, the following pieces are printed:

Squishee cups

Chef Lonelyheart's Soup for One cans

Buzz Cola cans

Pop-tab tiles on top of cans

Krusty-O's boxes

Springfield Inquisitor magazine

Mom Monthly magazine

Angry Dad comic book

You're A-Peeling valentine

Let's Bee Friends valentine

Springfield Shopper newspaper

Chocolate milk cartons

ATM console

Everything else (aside from pre-existing prints, of course) is a sticker.

Finally some pictures of the new CMF line - they all look amazing! I can't wait getting them :sweet:

Furthermore I love the fact that Bart has a molded slingshot - I can't wait to give one Ori.

Seconded, a moulded slingshot is long overdue

Applause for lego! Lovin' the Kwik-e-mart!! Also very decent wave 2 cmf series. Missing some people, but hopefully there will be a series 3.